Sign in to follow this  
Mello Yello

Exodus.....

I noticed after half-time a good percentage of disgruntled people didn't return to their plastic pews - and then on around 60 minutes, I witnessed droves and droves of home support vacating the ground....If that doesn't send a clear message to the club's hierarchy, then they must be suffering from sheer arrogance or 'ostrich syndrome'....

Over a mere third of a century plus of my attending Carra....I cannot personally recall witnessing that kind of premature mass Exodus during a game?.... 

Did the drummer split his skin as he was noticeable by his absence during the second half?....

I remained until the bitter end....more out of a macabre curiosity....than club loyalty....

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

They won't care, 20,000+ season tickets sold again for next season. That's all they'll see.

Deadline days for ST renewals....a most excellent marketing ploy....

Wonder how many other pro footy club's utilise that?....

I noticed a number of empty seats around the ground at kick off, there were 7 or empty seats in the row behind me. As you say the exodus was in stages, 2nd goal, sending off, half time and 3rd goal. We stayed until the end, the bus journey home was ten minutes quicker as the traffic was not as heavy as usual...........

Is there still a waiting list for an ST at Carrow Road? long term poor form is a good time to secure a ST and hold out for the good times?

1 hour ago, Mello Yello said:

I noticed after half-time a good percentage of disgruntled people didn't return to their plastic pews - and then on around 60 minutes, I witnessed droves and droves of home support vacating the ground....If that doesn't send a clear message to the club's hierarchy, then they must be suffering from sheer arrogance or 'ostrich syndrome'....

Over a mere third of a century plus of my attending Carra....I cannot personally recall witnessing that kind of premature mass Exodus during a game?.... 

Did the drummer split his skin as he was noticeable by his absence during the second half?....

I remained until the bitter end....more out of a macabre curiosity....than club loyalty....

I walked out at half time against Colchester and when the third went in yesterday. 

Colchester was a protest. Yesterday I couldn't see the point of watching a Swansea training exercise and went home after 60 minutes to walk 2 very happy dogs. 

There weren't many left at all, but seems the remaining few in the Barclay clapped Russ Martin, he gave them the thumbs up.

Yes - I stayed, the reception for Russ was good, as it should have been.  I still think he’d have been a decent choice after Smith, but not as sure we’d get him now.

The exodus is even more incredible considering we could (and still could) make the playoffs. That ground should have been a cauldron of noise and excitement yesterday. The fact it wasn’t is very telling and should be very worrying for all I reckon.

2 hours ago, Mello Yello said:

So it wasn't you who got ' removed ' for having a pop at Delia, rebellious lot those coffin dodgers in the City Stand.

I did the full duration.

People were falling about laughing when they announced the attendance as there couldn't have been much more than 10k left.

People have had enough of this dross.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Stayed until 75 mins.

Well Hoggy  , things at carrow road must be awful and for you on an all time low. 

Sorry for you and thousands of other local supporters.  

THINGS NEED TO CHANGE QUICKLY OR WE ARE IN THE DREADED DOWNWARD SPIRAL.

2 minutes ago, Mengo said:

Well Hoggy  , things at carrow road must be awful and for you on an all time low. 

Sorry for you and thousands of other local supporters.  

THINGS NEED TO CHANGE QUICKLY OR WE ARE IN THE DREADED DOWNWARD SPIRAL.

We already are. In relative terms it's worse than last season as at least we had the excuse of playing against world class players.

Now we are struggling to hold our own in what is the worst Championship for many a year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

They won't care, 20,000+ season tickets sold again for next season. That's all they'll see.

Am I right in thinking those on the monthly D/D who lazily didn't cancel could cancel their D/D at any time?

Asking for a friend.

50 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

So it wasn't you who got ' removed ' for having a pop at Delia, rebellious lot those coffin dodgers in the City Stand.

There was a bit of dissent from the crowd yesterday, Richard Balls was given a very good talking to by the stewards after getting animated towards the pitch, my impression was that he came close to being asked to leave the stadium........

36 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

It weren't me guv, although I did boo...an ickle bit.....I did see and hear a couple of 'Wowdy Webel' fans on the lower tiers of the City Stand shouting 'Webber Out' at full-time and for a period after....A few folk in the Directionless Box uncomfortably made their way down and out of sight and not turning around to see who them selfish, inconsiderate, disloyal and really naughty 'wowdy' people were...

Didn't see anyone get ejected though?....If no profanities are used or no vocal physical threats, objects thrown or threatening gestures are intimated or directed towards the club hierarchy and only some vocally loud 'Webber Out! shouts....Is it deemed an offence?...

1 hour ago, Mello Yello said:

It weren't me guv, although I did boo...an ickle bit.....I did see and hear a couple of 'Wowdy Webel' fans on the lower tiers of the City Stand shouting 'Webber Out' at full-time and for a period after....A few folk in the Directionless Box uncomfortably made their way down and out of sight and not turning around to see who them selfish, inconsiderate, disloyal and really naughty 'wowdy' people were...

Didn't see anyone get ejected though?....If no profanities are used or no vocal physical threats, objects thrown or threatening gestures are intimated or directed towards the club hierarchy and only some vocally loud 'Webber Out! shouts....Is it deemed an offence?...

People have a legitimate right to protest in a public place as long as physical and abusive behaviour is not used - screaming get out Delia or Webber out is fair game and should not stopped by over officious stewards. I wonder if someone was really ejected from the City Stand for giving Delia some flack? 

4 minutes ago, Helsinki canary said:

People have a legitimate right to protest in a public place as long as physical and abusive behaviour is not used - screaming get out Delia or Webber out is fair game and should not stopped by over officious stewards. I wonder if someone was really ejected from the City Stand for giving Delia some flack? 

I reiterate....I personally never saw anyone get ejected from the City Stand...

4 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

I reiterate....I personally never saw anyone get ejected from the City Stand...

Quite a number were dejected😪😪😪

I waited in the Barclay and chatted to a few of the chaps that sit in front of me about the shocking state of affairs.  
In the end, the steward told us we were the last 4 and had to leave. With my best poker face on I told the steward we were staging a sit-in! We kept each other’s gaze for a few seconds until I smiled then he released, with some relief, that I wasn’t serious. But maybe I should have been serious!