lake district canary

Bizarre to think it, but.....

2 hours ago, shefcanary said:

Thanks for proving for me it isn't only the last two games where we have ****ed up without Hanley, Gibson and McLean. The re-writing of history in the other thread on here is disappointing to put it mildly. The issue stems from them being in the team and a lack of succession planning from our SD.

Well, without Hanley’s clumsiness at Huddersfield we’d have won 1-0, for starters! 

I do think we’ve missed them, it has hit a bit hard having all 3 out at the same time, but we can’t blame the bad run on that because it started much earlier. 

42 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Well, without Hanley’s clumsiness at Huddersfield we’d have won 1-0, for starters! 

It would make a cracking YouTube compilation all the new ways we have found to concede goals this year. The Hanley was a banger, Aarons firing it into Big Andy at Hull set the tone.

The responses to this thread should be a massive incentive to the players. Literally no one expects us to make the playoffs if I was Wagner I would be banging this drum over and over.

14 hours ago, lake district canary said:

I posted for discussion. Simples.

Yet still it had the underlying whiff of the sickening Lakey smarm and pseudo-positivity to it.

3 hours ago, Unhinged Canary said:

Yet still it had the underlying whiff of the sickening Lakey smarm and pseudo-positivity to it.

That is your assumption and playing the poster not the post. There is very little to feel positive about in the rest of this season, as I think I have mentioned several times since QPR. That was the last chance to make enough points to at least have a chance of challenging for 6th place.

21 hours ago, Pyro Pete said:

Sadly, one win in eight doesn't exactly fill us with confidence.

But you're right, it's strange that a team that has been so inconsistent this season can still be in contention for promotion.

To have 1 win in 8 and still be in contention just emphasises what a **** league this year is and the size of the failure if we don’t even make top 6.

We should have been out of it weeks ago.

I'll be there today cheerin' on the boys a hootin' an' a hollerin'.....and regardless of the result, I'm still off to the pub after to get bladdered merry....and stuff my gob with Nobby's Nuts....(that's not a euphemism by the way)....

2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

That is your assumption and playing the poster not the post. There is very little to feel positive about in the rest of this season, as I think I have mentioned several times since QPR. That was the last chance to make enough points to at least have a chance of challenging for 6th place.

Well, it's safe to say you do have previous.....

On 21/04/2023 at 11:35, lake district canary said:

....if results go for us tomorrow and we win, we could be in top six.......

Stopped happy clapping yet? Get real Lakey, your blind optimism is boring. We are awful. And it’s over. 

17 minutes ago, S_81 said:

Get real Lakey, your blind optimism is boring. We are awful. And it’s over. 

You sound like a cop during a drug bust.  Poor Lakey sat in his living room with the cannabis posters up around him, caught red handed.

17 minutes ago, S_81 said:

Stopped happy clapping yet? Get real Lakey, your blind optimism is boring. We are awful. And it’s over. 

Oh get lost. It was stating no more than was factual.

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

You’re the kind of fan who holds this club back. That’s factual. 

• Like 2

And that, as they say, is the end of that.

Please, no more positive, hopeful posts, we are crap.

BTW, playing at home and we have only had 24% possession.

We have hit rock bottom and I fear there will be worse to come next season.

Things are sh!t enough already, do we really need fans continually taking cheap shots at each other on here?!?

Our club is in a mess Lakey. I think what people were trying to tell you is you haven’t grasped how bad it is. I travel from Birmingham from every home game, but we decided not to go today.

Coventry 0 Norwich 4 and a fair chance Coventry will be in the playoffs.

• Like 2

Like I said, get lost.

Nothing more than a dose of your own medicine for you’re constantly trying to tell everyone it’s not as bad as it patently is. Optimism is one thing. Naivety is another. Time for serious change this summer, get behind it. Webber out. 

22 minutes ago, S_81 said:

Really no need to turn on fans, Lakey certainly isn't holding the club back anymore than you! Only the majority share holders have total control on where we go, as thy have for 28 years.

Just now, Indy said:

Really no need to turn on fans, Lakey certainly isn't holding the club back anymore than you! Only the majority share holders have total control on where we go, as thy have for 28 years.

He’s constantly on here telling anyone wanting change for the better that we should accept more of the same. Just because he’s naive enough to not see it coming.  We’re not. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, S_81 said:

He’s constantly on here telling anyone wanting change for the better that we should accept more of the same. Just because he’s naive enough to not see it coming.  We’re not. 

To be fair to Lakey he's been critical in the past and there are others who are wont have a word said than Lakey, that's their prerogative. Not my view.....

15 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

And that, as they say, is the end of that.

Please, no more positive, hopeful posts, we are crap.

BTW, playing at home and we have only had 24% possession.

We have hit rock bottom and I fear there will be worse to come next season.

Well, if there's worse to come then we haven't hit rock bottom by definition, surely?

Pretty dispiriting and sobering day today.

4 minutes ago, S_81 said:

Rubbish. I've never said we should accept more of the same.  We need to be better and that will hopefully happen in due course with some rebuilding. As for this season it was as I said this morning, win and the potential was there to get right back amongst the hopefuls - but I also said - if you bother to read through the thread - that any realistic chance finished at QPR. 

Just now, lake district canary said:

Rubbish. I've never said we should accept more of the same.  We need to be better and that will hopefully happen in due course with some rebuilding. As for this season it was as I said this morning, win and the potential was there to get right back amongst the hopefuls - but I also said - if you bother to read through the thread - that any realistic chance finished at QPR. 

Do you want Stuart Webber out of this club? Can you see that he’s weakened our squad whilst spending a fair amount on it?

Do you think Wagner has shown enough to keep him in charge next season?

I want both of them gone, is my answer 

Just now, S_81 said:

Do you want Stuart Webber out of this club? Can you see that he’s weakened our squad whilst spending a fair amount on it?

Do you think Wagner has shown enough to keep him in charge next season?

I want both of them gone, is my answer 

Yep, me too.  Webber's big mistake was sacking Farke without a decent replacement. Wagner is not quite what we want either imo - a poor man's Klopp, without a plan B.  If it was possible, I'd get Farke back with a new Sporting Director, or maybe Farke himself as Sporting Director with a coach who could apply his principles on the pitch. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, rock bus said:

Things are sh!t enough already, do we really need fans continually taking cheap shots at each other on here?!?

**** off. 😇

25 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Come on then Lakey, Mr clappy himself- Can we still make the playoffs?

Were you there today?

30 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Yep, me too.  Webber's big mistake was sacking Farke without a decent replacement. Wagner is not quite what we want either imo - a poor man's Klopp, without a plan B.  If it was possible, I'd get Farke back with a new Sporting Director, or maybe Farke himself as Sporting Director with a coach who could apply his principles on the pitch. 

You are digging a hole for yourself here Lakey and showing that you responses are based on what’s happening that week and not consistent. Not long ago you told us we must not keep putting the blame on people, yet you are putting the blame on Webber, which is the right thing to do, but then you say we can do wonderful things, whilst Webber is here.

In my opinion we are at least equally as bad as we were when Smith left. Two games left, get rid of Webber and Wagner now, have somebody ready for the end of the season and start again, otherwise our last game of the season will be so negative that will go into next season.

Edited by Well b back

Sorry Lakey, admire your optimism that kept going so late into this season, but i said months ago i thought City would finish  12th to 18th with around 60 points for the highest of those positins and those occasional good away wins...even the two 4 goal wins at start of Wagners campaign did and have not changed my mind thru all these past months, even that long period we stuck at 7th.

By no means the only team who dive bombed...Preston for instance...and Watford having as poor a season as us. Also said often we are now firmly in Championship mode...like other sides relegated and getting stuck here a few seasons...Stoke, WBA etc.

Indeed in its current state, we  have the real possibility of being in a  bottom half fight against relegation next season...club needs a real summer of positivity and changes...heck knows how SW will handle that...but  personally think Wagner aint the guy to do much at this club.