Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

On A Positive Note

The season is over, Smith and Jones fcuk off this summer and the Webber’s follow swiftly. Time to bite the **** pie and rebuild under new ownership. 

Agreed. But what does that mean? Mid table medium for how many seasons. We’ve been used to a taste of success and you can’t get unused to it easily 

On a positive note..we had a great strip this year #clutchingatstraws

52 minutes ago, graz said:

On a positive note..we had a great strip this year #clutchingatstraws

Nah even that was cheap and shiny.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Danke bitte said:

Agreed. But what does that mean? Mid table medium for how many seasons. We’ve been used to a taste of success and you can’t get unused to it easily 

We do get unused to it, usually by April of each premiership season.

The takeover business is probably dragging its feet because Attanasio knows that it'll be much easier and cheaper to buy out a Championship club than a Premier League club.

Tonight was a tough watch, but the new ownership will have a lot more impact in the summer if we know we're playing in this division than the one above.

Patience is in order.

• Like 2

Just now, Feedthewolf said:

The takeover business is probably dragging its feet because Attanasio knows that it'll be much easier and cheaper to buy out a Championship club than a Premier League club.

Tonight was a tough watch, but the new ownership will have a lot more impact in the summer if we know we're playing in this division than the one above.

Patience is in order.

So long as Delia and Michael are finally ready to relinquish control. Are they is the question ?

Just now, Soldier on said:

So long as Delia and Michael are finally ready to relinquish control. Are they is the question ?

They're both 81 years old. Attanasio wouldn't still be at the table if they weren't.

• Like 1

Well the sooner there is clarity the better. 

I think tonight went a long way towards offering us that clarity.

Just now, Feedthewolf said:

I think tonight went a long way towards offering us that clarity.

You would think but this is Norwich City !!

You would think but this is Norwich City !!

Well nothing is going to be announced 45 minutes after the end of a match, is it?

We're not talking about someone buying a used car. If Attanasio walks away then we all know what the atmosphere will be like around the club.

Now we're pretty much guaranteed to be playing Championship football next season, the cogs have turned in Attanasio's favour.

Who is still looking forward to a day out at Wembley in may . Strange things have happened. 1981/82  we were about 10th with a few weeks to go. 

Glass half full says we got the worst performance of the season out of the way and it will now be plain sailing all the way to the premier League 😀😀

1 minute ago, raunds canary said:

Who is still looking forward to a day out at Wembley in may . Strange things have happened. 1981/82  we were about 10th with a few weeks to go. 

Glass half full says we got the worst performance of the season out of the way and it will now be plain sailing all the way to the premier League 😀😀

The strange thing is that wasn’t by any means the worst performance of the season. We played a lot worse than that under smith. 

1 minute ago, raunds canary said:

Not if we get tanked 5-1 by Boro it won't be.

I can't wait for this season to be over. That's the 2nd in a row and the season before that I wasn't allowed in the ground. Tough times.

13 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Well nothing is going to be announced 45 minutes after the end of a match, is it?

We're not talking about someone buying a used car. If Attanasio walks away then we all know what the atmosphere will be like around the club.

Now we're pretty much guaranteed to be playing Championship football next season, the cogs have turned in Attanasio's favour.

FtW, I doubt tonight’s will have had much effect either way on Attanasio’s plans. What I am very much looking forward to, though, is the reaction here when Attanasio, having taken over and been greeted as a saviour, then decides to keep both Webbers in place…

5 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

FtW, I doubt tonight’s will have had much effect either way on Attanasio’s plans. What I am very much looking forward to, though, is the reaction here when Attanasio, having taken over and been greeted as a saviour, then decides to keep both Webbers in place…

Attanasio out 

5 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

So says the chap who trusts Webber to sort this squad out during the summer.

Just now, nutty nigel said:

Attanasio out 

‘Big’ Keith Scott - among others - will never forgive you for getting in first with that!

Just now, TIL 1010 said:

So says the chap who trusts Webber to sort this squad out during the summer.

I never said I trusted him to do that.

It won't be long. I know people who wanted Watling, South, Chase, Delia (they never mention Michael), McNally, Balls, Moxey and Webber out. 

Glad I beat them to Marky Mark...

Edited by nutty nigel
😡😤🤬😂

29 minutes ago, raunds canary said:

The longer I support this club, the harder it becomes to discern between optimism and sarcasm 😉

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Really? Ignoring the conjecture about the Webbers, which may or may not come to pass, do you not think that Attanasio might bide his time on the takeover? In a couple of weeks, the overall value of the club could be drastically different based on whether or not we have a chance of factoring in the PL riches to the club's valuation?

I add the caveat that I know nothing of matters fiscal, but surely our league status would have an impact upon the value of S&J's shareholding?