cambridgeshire canary

If you can't beat Rotherham at home

Just now, The Real Buh said:

Shall we all have a bet about how long it’s been since this grass came anywhere close to going to a Norwich game?

Do. Doesnt stop you being a liar though. Evidence of grassing please....or youre gonna look even more stooooopid than usual. 

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

We did look like scoring in the first half. We should have scored. We should have scored in the second half too for that matter. It wasn't endless chances but should have been enough to win the game.

Don't think I'll ever know how Tzolis blasted that injury time chance so high??

5 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Shall we all have a bet about how long it’s been since this grass came anywhere close to going to a Norwich game?

No backers?No surprise. Look at the cringey angry incel  getting all peeved cos he loooks a fool. 

Edited by wcorkcanary

2 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

He did so well to miss the target from that range. A shocking signing.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Do. Doesnt stop you being a liar though. Evidence of grassing please....or youre gonna look even more stooooopid than usual. 

I don’t have to justify myself to a grass that has never been to a Norwich game like you lol

hes a grass everyone, just be careful, yeah.

2 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

He did so well to miss the target from that range. A shocking signing.

Potential to be world class was what Farke said about him.. Bit like Idah, I'm sure he will come good someday soon. Anyday soon..

4 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

I don’t have to justify myself to a grass that has never been to a Norwich game like you lol

hes a grass everyone, just be careful, yeah.

Everyone? Oh yeah .....all your mates in your sticky biscuit circle.  Ever seen a woman naked , that consented.? 

Put up or shut up, sad boy. 

Edited by wcorkcanary

Just now, wcorkcanary said:

Everyone? Oh yeah .....all your mates in your sticky biscuit circle.  Ever seen a woman naked , who consented.? 

Put up or shut up, sad boy. 

Put up or grass up in your case

grass boy

1 minute ago, The Real Buh said:

Put up or grass up in your case

grass boy

Look have the last word, like mammy lets you have the last biscuit so you dont cry.

Im off out  now chap , bet you feel feel a mug now with no one to rant at.  Mummy told you if you're horrid that boys will not play with you.  She didnt tell you that your personality will be what stop girls from even  acknowledging  you exist. RSI boy .

Toodle pip.  

16 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

I think it might be because he's as good as football as I am.

For clarity,  I'm not complimenting myself here.

• Haha 2

So, yeah

I’m going with genuinely over a decade since this guys been to Norfolk let alone Carrow Road and, tbh, I’m seeing this guy as a Manchester United fan that “looks out for the Norwich results” you know, one of them.

Just now, hogesar said:

I think it might be because he's as good as football as I am.

For clarity,  I'm not complimenting myself here.

It’s baffling isn’t it.

He seems to find it funny he’s managed to pull off coming a professional footballer

2 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

How many of us expected to beat Blackburn at Ewood in relative comfort? I certainly didn't. It's a pity we weren't able to capitalise on it, but that's the nature of this league. Teams are competitive enough to make you stumble over them if you're not quite on your game. And Rotherham did well to withstand that initial barrage - and with their reserve goalie too.

Careful with that positive outlook. Before you know it, you'll be accused of trolling.

If you pointed out we've closed the gap to the playoffs to one point you'd have crossed the line...

Why do Norwich fans even want to go up? Its embarrassing.

This season has been a right off from the second we gave Smith a go in this league. The minute we mercifully shot ol Yella we were just giving Wagner time to rebuild.
If we are sat in the same position at Christmas moan to your hearts content, until then just enjoy reaping what the Smtih appointment sowed.

3 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Do you deserve to be in the top six?

If you can't beat Hull, Bristol City, Huddersfield, QPR......... The table is not determined by one game.

29 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Why do Norwich fans even want to go up? Its embarrassing.

Cause it's better than going downwards.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, canarydan23 said:

We've lost a position and one of the most winnable of our dwindling number of fixtures has gone.

Major damage has been done.

How ridiculous. Nothing much changed. We are still a point off 6th, and a point off 5th (we were two points before the game).  There are no winnable games. Ask any supporter before Friday who we will get one point from and who we will get three points from. Blackburn one point, Rotherham 3 points. Look how the others did today. Stop whining.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, PockthorpePete said:

How ridiculous. Nothing much changed. We are still a point off 6th, and a point off 5th (we were two points before the game).  There are no winnable games. Ask any supporter before Friday who we will get one point from and who we will get three points from. Blackburn one point, Rotherham 3 points. Look how the others did today. Stop whining.

Amen.

2 minutes ago, PockthorpePete said:

How ridiculous. Nothing much changed. We are still a point off 6th, and a point off 5th (we were two points before the game).

Two clean sheets, and created plenty of chances too.  I appreciate that the extra 2 points would've been nice and mentally it's good to be in the top 6 tonight.  But this is competitive sport, not a Norwich fairy tale.

• Like 3

So can I take it that you won't be buying a ticket to Wembley if we get there ? Your whining is based on a belief that Norwich would walk it this season. Well football isn't like that. Ask Liverpool or Chelsea.  Go back a month or so, announce that we will lose next Gibson, Hanley and McLean and then suggest that we would move up, to be a point off 5th place.  I'm over the moon, given what's happened.  Maybe it's the difference between a supporter and an habitual whiner.

"Lol really last thing we want is promotion.

If we make it to the final I want which ever team to have the ability to beat us.

Last thing we need right now is promotion. We need to get a winning mentality and get the team re built. Not a spanking from money cheats each week."            Nexus Canary 5th March

Perhaps I should have said habitual binner.

Edited by PockthorpePete

3 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Do you deserve to be in the top six?

Many didn't have much hopes for Blackburn away but we came away with 3 points.. so 4 points from the last 2 games is kinda what we expected if not a point more, lets be realistic

36 minutes ago, PockthorpePete said:

Make sure you keep your mouth shut whilst your head is buried in the sand.

Do point out the inaccuracies in my post.  Or are your comments stuck in  'whinging mode' only? No sand but a point off 5th place. Must upset you that.

1 minute ago, PockthorpePete said:

Must upset you that.

Blimey. We're now into, "We're 8th, how aren't you happy" territory.

I'm a Norwich fan. I wouldn't say I'm "upset" at being a point of 5th, but as someone who expected us to be fighting for the top two (as did the bookies and most pundits), I can't say I'm happy at being 8th.

If you are, then I think the happy clapper moniker applies.

15 minutes ago, PockthorpePete said:

Do point out the inaccuracies in my post.  Or are your comments stuck in  'whinging mode' only? No sand but a point off 5th place. Must upset you that.

You do realise that we need to overtake sides above us, not just score the same points? Today’s game was an ideal opportunity to do just that, and we lost a placing too. It does now feel we need to get something out of Middlesbrough or we’ll likely be 4 points adrift. All feels a bit unnecessary; one point and no goals from our last three home games hardly suggests a side destined to close such a gap - but it is what it is. 

Edited by Branston Pickle

We couldn’t string a series of passes together - Angus was operating between the D and the centre circle and we still had no clue what to do when we were threatening the 18 yard box 

Idah tripping over his feet just about summed up the whole dreary performance. 

Today we needed a Skipp and a Hoolahan not a Gianoulis or Marquinos 

5 minutes ago, Foxy2600 said:

Today we needed a Skipp and a Hoolahan not a Gianoulis or Marquinos 

But we don’t have either and haven’t had for a considerable time. 

Marquinhos was a huge disappointment, if not a hindrance to our attacking play today. 

Less said about the substitutes the better, though given the increasing thinness of our available squad, we really had no other options. 

We don’t need a Skipp, we just need a skip large enough to dump the lot of ‘em into. 

Except Omo and Gibbs, who I actually thought were pretty good today. And maybe Lungi, without whom we might well have seen Idah utilised at CB. 

1 minute ago, canarydan23 said:

Blimey. We're now into, "We're 8th, how aren't you happy" territory.

I'm a Norwich fan. I wouldn't say I'm "upset" at being a point of 5th, but as someone who expected us to be fighting for the top two (as did the bookies and most pundits), I can't say I'm happy at being 8th.

If you are, then I think the happy clapper moniker applies.

It is not about being happy, it is about having a bit of a grasp on reality. No one is claiming the season has gone as well as most expected. But to be endlessly whining helps no one. I've seen whiners come and go, as soon as the 'bandwagon' stops.  I've stood freezing my t its off midweek at Grimsby.  I've seen the highs and lows, and like others I've learnt to take the good with the bad. That's what comes with supporting a club outside the top six.

However we are in a better position to make the playoffs than we were Friday morning. So that is a 'high'. And I see no reason to dwell on anything else at this moment. Least of some delusional entitlement. Now dry your eyes, blow your nose and take the positives.... end if you aren't enjoying it, you know where the door is.

• Like 1

It's just so hard if you only get to home games. We haven't even scored a goal in the last three. Crazy when you think a couple of home goals could have seen us sitting nicely in the play offs.

However we are one point off fifth with the best goal difference. If we somehow manage to stumble into the play offs I for one couldn't care less if whingers don't think we "deserve it".

Just three goals in the last six matches……

……welcome to the post-Pukki era…………

Norwich fans being prepped for next season ….Sara will be gone, and Idah and Sargent will be leading the line.

In fact three goals every six matches next season may well be over-achieving.