Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Zoe's boardroom notes for today

Each home game, executive director Zoe Webber provides supporters with an update through her boardroom notes in our official matchday programme, OTBC.

Here are the notes ahead of today's Sky Bet Championship fixture against Rotherham United:

Good afternoon and welcome back to Carrow Road.

This is the first opportunity to show our appreciation for Teemu Pukki since announcing that he has decided to leave Norwich City at the end of the season.

We know how tough a decision this has been to make for Teemu, but we also understand that he wants a fresh challenge at this stage of his career.

Norwich have a long history of great strikers and Teemu is undoubtedly among them.

It has been a pleasure to get to know him since he joined from Danish club Brondby in 2018 and he has turned into a real crowd favourite during his five years here.

He joined on a free transfer at the age of 28 and has gone on to become part of Norwich folklore.

With two EFL Championship triumphs and two player of the year awards, his reputation stretches far beyond Norfolk.

He has a string of accolades, including being named EFL Championship player of the year in 2019, along with the PFA team of the year in 2019 and 2021, and winning the Golden Boot during our promotion-winning season in 2019.

Teemu’s attitude and work-rate is first class, something that has rubbed off on established team-mates and also with our young emerging players.

He is a player of immense pedigree and is now Finland’s all-time leading goalscorer ahead of the great Jari Litmanen.

Teemu is also a Norwich legend, and we wish him well for the future.

Our aim is to give him the send-off he deserves, showing respect and appreciation for one of our greatest players in the final weeks of the Championship season.

Despite recent setbacks, we will never give up on the possibility of reaching the play-offs.

With your help we can still achieve a top-six finish and put ourselves in with a chance of a return to the Premier League.

Teemu wants to play a big part in that and his decisive goals down the years in the colours of Norwich are part of our rich history.

Today’s fixture with Rotherham is an important fixture for the men’s team, but Carrow Road will also host some other big matches in the next few weeks.

Our women’s team have sold more than 5,000 tickets for their final home game of the season against Ashford Town that will be played here on April 16.

A week later our Under-21 team will be here to host Southampton in a fixture against one of the most accomplished sides in the division.

Playing at our stadium gives young players a taste of a professional environment and is part of their development.

It is also a chance for them to play in front of a passionate home crowd and we hope that you will be here to watch some of the next generation of Norwich players in action.

Enjoy today’s game,

Zoe

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

Strange reaction to what is mostly a creditable tribute to Teemu Pukki.

She’s a snake bro

• Like 2

None of that seems to have anything to do with the Boardroom other than the author being a Board member. The question therefore is why?

Just another communication issue.

8 minutes ago, essex canary said:

None of that seems to have anything to do with the Boardroom other than the author being a Board member. The question therefore is why?

Club are slammed for not communicating enough, and when they do, its misguided.

Jeez,

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Do wonder if this is a hint Pukki will start.

You are aware she doesnt pick the team?

Edited by Greavsy
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Unhinged Canary said:

Is anyone aware of what she does?

Yeah, it's freely available on the club's website.

Zoe Webber
Executive Director

Zoe has worked in the football industry for over 20 years. She has a background in football regulation and player transfers and has gained a broad level of experience working at other clubs including Liverpool and Fulham as well as several years with the Premier League. Zoe is part of an executive committee that oversees the day to day running of the football club. Along with managing various areas of the Club’s business, one of her key areas of focus is to ensure that everyone across the Club is working towards the same vision and strategy. Zoe is also a Trustee of the Club’s Charity, The Community Sports Foundation.

4 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Zoe Webber
Executive Director

Zoe has worked in the football industry for over 20 years. She has a background in football regulation and player transfers and has gained a broad level of experience working at other clubs including Liverpool and Fulham as well as several years with the Premier League. Zoe is part of an executive committee that oversees the day to day running of the football club. Along with managing various areas of the Club’s business, one of her key areas of focus is to ensure that everyone across the Club is working towards the same vision and strategy. Zoe is also a Trustee of the Club’s Charity, The Community Sports Foundation.

So, she's Norwich's Smashie & Nicey then.

Got it. 👍

2 hours ago, essex canary said:

Its only an issue to you and Buh , which says a lot.

1 minute ago, canarydan23 said:

Pukki did his best today make sure we won't miss him.

Certainly showed that he is not the player he once was, that ball over the top that he brought down but took another 3 touches which allowed the defender to get back and rob him of the ball more than anything... The Teemu of 2 seasons ago - one touch, runs through and then buries that. 

Right time for him to go. He's only going to decline further. 

Just now, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Certainly showed that he is not the player he once was, that ball over the top that he brought down but took another 3 touches which allowed the defender to get back and rob him of the ball more than anything... The Teemu of 2 seasons ago - one touch, runs through and then buries that. 

Right time for him to go. He's only going to decline further. 

I fear for him if the Sheffield Utd rumours are true.

Just now, canarydan23 said:

I fear for him if the Sheffield Utd rumours are true.

I genuinely think a MLS (or similar level league) is probably the best move for him. 

Just now, GodlyOtsemobor said:

I genuinely think a MLS (or similar level league) is probably the best move for him. 

Agreed, if he goes to the EPL I think he'll embarrass himself.

4 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

Zoe Webber
Executive Director

Unlike the 'Successful Women in Business video'   this Annual Report profile doesn't mention the degree. I think it was Business Studies. 

I guess everyone can make up their mind as to whether that was successful in terms of the Gary Lineker of the Football Programme Notes world who writes a heading which doesn't relate to the content. Not to mention a 0-0 home draw with Rotherham to maintain 8th. place with 5 games to go.

The sooner she gets out of the club the better, hopefully when the American guy gets more shares then Delia he fires her.Where Webber and Zoe live people who live near them say they are very arrogant 

• Haha 1

Quite honestly why anyone would take offence at any of that I’ve no idea. What is she supposed to say? It’s a glowing tribute to a player who will be long remembered at NCFC. 
The rest of it is nothing more than newsletter style news. 
Move on. 

2 hours ago, Hucks6 said:

The sooner she gets out of the club the better, hopefully when the American guy gets more shares then Delia he fires her.Where Webber and Zoe live people who live near them say they are very arrogant 

Unfortunately their arrogance exceeds their ability.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ridgeman said:

Unfortunately their arrogance exceeds their ability.

Spot on

4 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Quite honestly why anyone would take offence at any of that I’ve no idea. What is she supposed to say? It’s a glowing tribute to a player who will be long remembered at NCFC. 
The rest of it is nothing more than newsletter style news. 
Move on. 

The newsletter style could explain why we are 10 points behind Luton or why we are so far from Burnley in outcomes and haven't paid off our minority shareholders in the same way. Or better still just resign.

14 hours ago, essex canary said:

Unlike the 'Successful Women in Business video'   this Annual Report profile doesn't mention the degree. I think it was Business Studies. 

I guess everyone can make up their mind as to whether that was successful in terms of the Gary Lineker of the Football Programme Notes world who writes a heading which doesn't relate to the content. Not to mention a 0-0 home draw with Rotherham to maintain 8th. place with 5 games to go.

As ever, I have literally no idea what you are babbling on about.

11 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

You're not the only one wolfie!

• Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Join the queue wolfie.

I don't ever bother reading my 'complimentary' programme, and post-game I'll give to a passing young supporter on my way to the pub....Otherwise if I take it home, it'd only be used as loft insulation....

Regarding the above post....I mean the programme as loft insulation....and not a passing young supporter as loft insulation....