Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Hugill the goal machine

Almost as if he knows where the goal is at this level when you give him a steady stream of high balls to attack and decent set-pieces slung in.

• Like 1

From the bbc

What a half for Rotherham captain Jordan Hugill. The ex-West Brom man has been getting stick from the away fans after a difficult spell at The Hawthorns two years ago. 

He’s missed some big chances and then gave away a penalty to boot! But the Baggies have struggled to deal with Rotherham’s set pieces and Hugill was in the right place to head home from a corner. 

He immediately wheeled away with his finger to his lips. He could have soon had a second too but the goal line technology said otherwise.

Sounds like he is playing the hits

Didn't know he was captain there, really pleased for the lad.  He had a really good pre-season and I could never understand why Smith didn't give him more of a chance based on what we saw.

Have no regrets on him leaving however, it was clear he wasn't going to get gametime here so good for him.  I'll save my regrets for Monday! :classic_mellow:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

Can he play against us on Monday or did we put in some clause in his sale prohibiting his appearance?? 

I mentioned this back in January - no one seemed overly interested at the time….

3 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Well he's outscoring Sargent at the moment in a supposedly worse team.

Wonder how he'd so on the wing or playing deep like Sargent has been.

Just now, Branston Pickle said:

I mentioned this back in January - no one seemed overly interested at the time….

Depends if we loaned or sold him

1 minute ago, Branston Pickle said:

I'd be shocked if there was that sort of agreement in place in all honesty. 

17 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

Can he play against us on Monday or did we put in some clause in his sale prohibiting his appearance?? 

13 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

If I'm not mistaken, this isn't allowed any more.

Just now, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

If I'm not mistaken, this isn't allowed any more.

I thought they were always 'gentlemen's agreements' as opposed to actual clauses when it wasn't loans.

8 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

I thought they were always 'gentlemen's agreements' as opposed to actual clauses when it wasn't loans.

I'm not 100% sure on that, but I think I remember there was a bit of controversy when Tim Howard mysteriously didn't play for Everton against Man Utd 15 years ago and it was clamped down on after that. I can't actually think of any instances since then when a player has unexpectedly not featured against a former club.

Edited by Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man

Those mocking him as a league one / Two player were always going to look a bit silly.

• Like 1

OOOF!!😬

"Ruthless Rotherham leave Baggies with a Hugill to climb."

3 minutes ago, Herman said:

OOOF!!😬

"Ruthless Rotherham leave Baggies with a Hugill to climb."

Mason Mount likes this.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

All set up to score against us written in the stars you know it

Might place a bet on him scoring, at least some money will ease the pain when he heads in the winner.

2 hours ago, Google Bot said:

Didn't know he was captain there, really pleased for the lad.  He had a really good pre-season and I could never understand why Smith didn't give him more of a chance based on what we saw.

Have no regrets on him leaving however, it was clear he wasn't going to get gametime here so good for him.  I'll save my regrets for Monday! :classic_mellow:

I agree. He was great pre season but then never given a chance. A whole hearted player never afraid to get stuck in.

• Like 1