Should have a good shot of earning a place in team that plays 12 strikers at any one time. 

• Haha 1

Pleased for the lad, deserves a shot given our forwards performances lately. Hopefully we have a few decent midfielders who can create chances. 

Definitely deserves a chance to start, given the form of our “strikers” - I can’t even recall when one of them last scored, but we’ve only scored one in four so that says it all.

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Imagine juding an academy player who's never played for us before for a 10 minute cameo

maybe if he learn how to control a ball then maybe i would be happy

This isn't an attack on him, but to me he seemed rather overwhelmed by the occasion. He definitely had none of the immediate impact of either Rowe or Springett on their debuts. Worryingly, his first touch looked iffy on a couple of occasions - the last thing we need is yet another striker who can't trap a football or weight a pass - but maybe it was just nerves. Let's hope next time he comes on in happier circumstances and he can relax into the game.

3 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

This isn't an attack on him, but to me he seemed rather overwhelmed by the occasion. He definitely had none of the immediate impact of either Rowe or Springett on their debuts. Worryingly, his first touch looked iffy on a couple of occasions - the last thing we need is yet another striker who can't trap a football or weight a pass - but maybe it was just nerves. Let's hope next time he comes on in happier circumstances and he can relax into the game.

Did feel like he was trying a little too hard but you can't blame him too much.

25 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

If he keeps this up he'll be replacing Idah as the middle-aged man's whipping-boy of choice in no time.

You obviously don't look at social media too much then if you think whipping boys are the exclusive domain of middle aged men.

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

You obviously don't look at social media too much then if you think whipping boys are the exclusive domain of middle aged men.

Yes, apologies, Tilly. Old men, too.

5 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Yes, apologies, Tilly. Old men, too.

You probably don't take note of what the youngsters have written as a lot of them cannot spell or string a sentence together.

Edited by TIL 1010

21 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

I thought his touch was OK was he seemed unready for the pace of the game and how quickly tackles would come in.

35 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

If he keeps this up he'll be replacing Idah as the middle-aged man's whipping-boy of choice in no time.

Ah, I see. Certain players are excused reasoned criticism, as it makes  them a whipping boy. None so blind as those that won't see.

3 minutes ago, PockthorpePete said:

Ah, I see. Certain players are excused reasoned criticism, as it makes  them a whipping boy. None so blind as those that won't see.

Noooo you cant criticize a striker who's only scored 5 goals in 64 appearances!

Didn't look ready. Don't take that as me writing him off because I don't mean it in terms of ability he just tried too hard to impress, lacked composure and didn't really do anything well. We've seen him look good in YT highlights but he isn't ready for the first team yet. That was not the game or time to introduce a young player, it felt like a message to Webber to me that Wagner feels like he doesn't have the right forward options