Sign in to follow this  
Tommo

Formation

Our best form this season came from Sargeant in the middle . Time to drop Pukki and Idah and go 4-5-1.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Tommo said:

Our best form this season came from Sargeant in the middle . Time to drop Pukki and Idah and go 4-5-1.

As someone said to me after the game..

I thought Wagner didn't play players out of position.

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

As someone said to me after the game..

I thought Wagner didn't play players out of position.

He doesn't play players in position 

31 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

So is Wagner worse than Smith yet?

Hell no 🤣

Remarkable similarities though in terms of bizarre team selections and questionable tactics. Wagner's light is dimming with each game.

10 hours ago, Barry Brockes said:

Remarkable similarities though in terms of bizarre team selections and questionable tactics. Wagner's light is dimming with each game.

It's becoming a question of is there a certain S.D influence over team selection - tin foil hat firmly in place I can see him wanting certain players playing most minutes no matter where they play for shop window purposes.

(Although I'm not sure on recent performances that anyone looking into the window would have seen anything worth spending on) 

• Like 1

Six games to go and I'd like to see us try players who are likely the future of this club. We aren't going to make the play-offs and even if a miracle did occur we'd never win them, and why would we want to go up anyway. We'd be mauled to death!

With the players we have available atm, so for rest of the season I'd like us to see more of the following

Omo and Tompkinson in defence.  

Gibbs to partner Mclean as two defensive/holding midfielders. Not really sure if Sorenson will ever make midfield his own

Sara pushed up into No.10, with Tzolis & Marquinhos out wide (it would be Onel but he's injured and we have no other choices unless we can get Rowe playing again)

Sargent up front on his own. Sorry Pukki but your time has come and gone, and under two managers combining Sarg/Pukki & now Idah hasn't worked. Shame we still can't loan Idah out for rest of season.

We have nothing to lose now, and not much to gain, but would give a chance to those likely to be here next season and blood the youngsters, best of the new batch into the squad to give them a chance. Lets face it, we've just about reached holiday season!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

It's becoming a question of is there a certain S.D influence over team selection - tin foil hat firmly in place I can see him wanting certain players playing most minutes no matter where they play for shop window purposes.

(Although I'm not sure on recent performances that anyone looking into the window would have seen anything worth spending on) 

I think its very tinfoil hat when we're essentially just playing the team we have available and if it was up to Webber, Tzolis and Nunez would be starting every game 

4 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

Six games to go and I'd like to see us try players who are likely the future of this club. We aren't going to make the play-offs and even if a miracle did occur we'd never win them, and why would we want to go up anyway. We'd be mauled to death!

With the players we have available atm, so for rest of the season I'd like us to see more of the following

Gibbs to partner Mclean as two defensive/holding midfielders. Not really sure if Sorenson will ever make midfield his own

Sara pushed up into No.10, with Tzolis & Marquinhos out wide (it would be Onel but he's injured and we have no other choices unless we can get Rowe playing again)

Sargent up front on his own. Sorry Pukki but your time has come and gone, and under two managers combining Sarg/Pukki & now Idah hasn't worked. Shame we still can't loan Idah out for rest of season.

We have nothing to lose now, and not much to gain, but would give a chance to those likely to be here next season and blood the youngsters, best of the new batch into the squad to give them a chance. Lets face it, we've just about reached holiday season!

Agree with most of your post but I wouldn't care if Marquinhos never played for us again cause apart from a goal that was put on a plate for him hes done very little. I suspect its only the "hes Brazilian" mindset that has saved from critiscism.

7 minutes ago, kingsway said:

Agree with most of your post but I wouldn't care if Marquinhos never played for us again cause apart from a goal that was put on a plate for him hes done very little. I suspect its only the "hes Brazilian" mindset that has saved from critiscism.

I agree, but he's here, and with Onel & Rowe still unavailable, we haven't got much else to try. I agree, he's not the future, and hasn't showed much

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hogesar said:

I think its very tinfoil hat when we're essentially just playing the team we have available and if it was up to Webber, Tzolis and Nunez would be starting every game 

You always ask people to prove it when they say things like this, so what proof do you have that Webber would want Tzolis and Nunez starting every game? 

2 hours ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

There does seem to have been a certain “we are playing Idah” mentality in recent weeks, coinciding with him getting his new contract. You wonder if there is half an eye on preserving sale values with some of the recent decisions around him and Sargent. The prospect of them as our two striker options next season is not one that fills me with glee. 

2 hours ago, Samwam27 said:

We have nothing to lose now, and not much to gain, but would give a chance to those likely to be here next season and blood the youngsters, best of the new batch into the squad to give them a chance. Let’s face it, we've just about reached holiday season!

The weird thing is that aside from an iffy outing at right back at Stoke, Sorensen has been excellent every time he’s played for us in midfield or at left back but seems to just get shunted aside so we can play a striker on the wing in a formation that doesn’t suit us. 

I’m concerned with Wagner. The last two starting line ups at best have been bizarre.

Can’t score a goal, I’ll start 3 strikers. I mean, it’s like Sunday league logic. 

Losing Hernandez and Dowel have certainly had an impact. I’m reluctant to be too harsh, but some worrying signs already.

if it gets to a point where we have no chance of play off's then anyone who will not be here next season should not play .

blood some youth players instead ,

That includes Pukki and loan player 

of course send Pukki on for a fair well moment last home game,

13 hours ago, Barry Brockes said:

Wagner did this a lot with Huddersfield in his first season there. The second, full season, the team looked v different and went up. But even then with the difference in consecutive home games between 1-5 and 2-1 he had a lot to do over that second season. 

My thoughts at the time (CW: including Dean Smith content). https://botzarelli.wordpress.com/2016/08/08/huddersfield-2-v-brentford-1-6-august-2016/

3 hours ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

You always ask people to prove it when they say things like this, so what proof do you have that Webber would want Tzolis and Nunez starting every game? 

The tinfoil hat assumption is that Webber is picking the team for his own benefit. Tzolis is one of his record signings so it doesn't require a genius to make that link.

3 hours ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

I’m concerned with Wagner. The last two starting line ups at best have been bizarre.

Can’t score a goal, I’ll start 3 strikers. I mean, it’s like Sunday league logic. 

Losing Hernandez and Dowel have certainly had an impact. I’m reluctant to be too harsh, but some worrying signs already.

It's amazing how many people convinced themselves Wagner would be the answer, I think he's been better than Smith but that's not a high bar to clear. His managerial record isn't really any better than Smith.

The common denominator between Smith & Wagner is both are using Webbers recruited players, hence why this season has been relatively poor by our standards, and yet we are comfortably 7th in the league!

I'm hoping that Wagner recruitments allow Wagner to se up his team, and we see an improvement, and it's not really fair to judge him until he's had at least a summer and pre-season with the players he's wanted to bring in.

1 minute ago, Samwam27 said:

The common denominator between Smith & Wagner is both are using Webbers recruited players, hence why this season has been relatively poor by our standards, and yet we are comfortably 7th in the league!

I'm hoping that Wagner recruitments allow Wagner to se up his team, and we see an improvement, and it's not really fair to judge him until he's had at least a summer and pre-season with the players he's wanted to bring in.

but his results dont deserve it.