Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Our players asked the most important question of all

Love Onel. Pukki with the best answer.

I didn't know that they made a raspberry version. Will have to look out for that.

I like the orange one. But just don't drink it in the evening, or you'll never get to sleep.

None of them said the Aldi take-offs, shame! :)

Good to see Hanley showing his communication skills as club captain, though.  Comes across as a very warm and welcoming character at the club, great to see!

This was obviously post Millwall as you can see some tactics in regards to zonal control and video examples playing on the screen in the background.  Pretty cool idea, wonder if anyone watches it? 🙂

Edited by Google Bot
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Our club captain showing why he's in charge

I know it's a flippant point but honestly he does seem so uninspiring and such a dour character I dread to imagine what his team talks are like!

Too late for this season but I really hope Wagner changes Captains before next season. I don't see any natural candidates in the existing squad so I hope this is a new signing (dare I dream even to say maybe that elusive CDM!)

• Like 1

Wouldn't touch an energy drink with a bargepole. Full of sugar. Prefer to eat fruit and stay hydrated with water. Much better for you, will give you energy AND help you keep your weight down because fruit has fibre in, energy drinks have hardly any fibre. Best to avoid fizzy drinks altogether imo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rock bus said:

I know it's a flippant point but honestly he does seem so uninspiring and such a dour character I dread to imagine what his team talks are like!

Imagine being stuck in a lift with Grant and Christos.  I'd probably eat through the metal to get out.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Wouldn't touch an energy drink with a bargepole. Full of sugar. Prefer to eat fruit and stay hydrated with water. Much better for you, will give you energy AND help you keep your weight down because fruit has fibre in, energy drinks have hardly any fibre. Best to avoid fizzy drinks altogether imo.

Thanks mum

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Wouldn't touch an energy drink with a bargepole. Full of sugar.

I don't know the ins and outs of it all, but these are sports drinks and I think the short term effects work or else they wouldn't use them.  Unless the whole industry is more a marketing ploy, who knows?!.   

Like you I'd rather reach for a banana and a water - but then i'm looking for more longer lasting energy release than a performance boost that athletes are.   If i'm out i'll grab something like a Lucozade sport if i'm feeling tired though - they're not fizzy btw.

I don't touch other energy drinks like red bull, monster etc.  I can't believe the amount of people that have to down a few to get them through a morning at work - even office workers, ****ing laughable really.

1 hour ago, Google Bot said:

I don't know the ins and outs of it all, but these are sports drinks and I think the short term effects work or else they wouldn't use them.  Unless the whole industry is more a marketing ploy, who knows?!.   

Like you I'd rather reach for a banana and a water - but then i'm looking for more longer lasting energy release than a performance boost that athletes are.   If i'm out i'll grab something like a Lucozade sport if i'm feeling tired though - they're not fizzy btw.

I don't touch other energy drinks like red bull, monster etc.  I can't believe the amount of people that have to down a few to get them through a morning at work - even office workers, ****ing laughable really.

Short term boost is right.....followed by the opposite - an energy crash.....unless you keep on drinking them, then you are on the path of being addicted to them.  People laugh or think you are being too heavy when you say these things, as if sugar addiction doesn't matter, but then they need to look at how diabetes and obesity are so widespread - often through eating loads of sugar via drinks  and processed fast foods which have sugar and fat in them. 

Feeding kids chocolate and sweets then taking them to McDonalds and giving them sugary drinks is a sure fire way to get them hooked on a bad diet. At the supermarket, I'm often staggered at what some people buy. Sometimes, not a single healthy item of food or drink on their trolley - white bread, sugary and/or fizzy drinks, crisps, sweets, cakes, sausages, sugary cereals, pizzas, food that has batter or pastry round it.....just piles of nutritionally poor food and drink made primarily of fat and sugar. And what does all that do? Make them more hungry because the food they've bought doesn't have the nutrients to satisfy them, so they have to go out and buy even more to eat.....more of the same.....so the cycle continues. Addicted.

Breaking that cycle is hard, but I don't hold to the argument that poorer people can't afford better food.  People are conditioned to eat the way they do - advertising, years of being brought up eating the way they do - adverts like the above don't help.

Edited by lake district canary

1 hour ago, Google Bot said:

In the City View video's you often see the kit man filling up the Lucozade pitch side bottles with some other concoction - I assume something far more healthier, faster working and, more to the point, easier to drink quickly without burping.

2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

That Lucozade Sport isn't fizzy. 

That said, there's nothing a decent cordial (Robinsons Orange or Vimto for me), diluted with water to taste, and a good pinch of sea salt can't do just as well as Lucozade - and for far less money.

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

Full sugar Orange Fanta is the way ahead.

Great for a hangover too.

Sod that, hair of the dog and a greasy breakfast.

5 hours ago, lake district canary said:

CBB9CB57-73B2-423F-8A69-5A937CEA14C1.gif

On 23/03/2023 at 17:48, yellowrider120 said:

Thought Lungi was going to deck him for a minute!

I wouldn't fancy his chances, Onel is like a human bull!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Daz Sparks said:

I wouldn't fancy his chances, Onel is like a human bull!

Not to mention Cubans usually have a pretty good idea of how to box. Wasn't there footage of Onel actually hitting a bag once?

3 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

Not to mention Cubans usually have a pretty good idea of how to box. Wasn't there footage of Onel actually hitting a bag once?

I think I remember him mucking about with some team mates, sort of fake sparring 'em, and looking pretty menacing!

On 24/03/2023 at 12:30, littleyellowbirdie said:

I'm looking forward to the Ipswich equivalent where they discuss their preferred flavour of Kool-Aid.

Id like to see them perform after a cup of Merry Pranksters Electric Kool Aid.