Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

TNC Wagner interview

3 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

Most of us would like to get in Alice Piper (winky face)

Not after you notice how much she looks like her dad and then you can't unsee it.

• Haha 2

Enjoyable interview although a bit overly long.

Interesting comments about Dowell and Onel and good example of Wagner giving everyone a chance. 

I listened closely when he was asked where he was when the club made contact with him in case of any hint we had approached him before Smith was sacked on the 27th. He was on a family holiday over Christmas and it doesn't sound as though he was approached, but we'll never know for sure.

4 hours ago, NorthCarolinaYellow said:

Such vitriol by some people over two guys just doing their thing! In case it helps change anyone's mind ... their content over the last few years has been invaluable to me as an overseas supporter to feel more connected to the club. I'm a better and more engaged fan because of them!

Agree 100%. It's not like there is loads of NCFC content available, and they are invaluable to us exiles who aren't in Norfolk. I really like the TNC podcast and listen to pretty much every one. When you don't live in Norfolk, they make you feel connected in a way that didn't exist before TNC. ****** are going to criticise but I massively appreciate their efforts too.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, hogesar said:

To be fair, the guy seems to have plateaued a bit in the past couple months but it doesn't take long to go through and see some of his more...insane postings!  

Nope. If he's the same chap I'm thinking of, he's part of the not so secret "Delia Out" facebook group who took money off people for an airplane banner to be flown, which never materialised (accidental pun). My understanding is that the club actually has people in on that group, though they don't seem to realise it, and that they constantly target and threaten fans and other groups and run back to that group to share it. He's still in there and still very much vile and active. 

7 hours ago, Captain Holt said:

The Norfolk Andrew Tate. Patronising shi+bag

Screenshot_20230131_125852_Twitter.jpg

I'd probably delete the bit about Andrew Tate if I were you. It's bang out of order for starters, but potentially damaging to Chris and therefore prosecutable.

Andrew Tate is absolute scum if the allegations etc are proven to be correct. He's an incel and a misogynist for starters, and that's just what he says about himself. Should the sex trafficking of underage girls and vulnerably women be true... then he is also a paedophile and sex offender. Add that to the incel & misogyny then you have a very calculated, very dangerous, vile piece of cr@p.

Where as you just don't like Chris Reeve. Huge jump off the deep end that makes you look worse, not Chris IMHO.

• Like 8

30 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Something for everyone then, it is 2023. 

Fair point well made 😁

Just now, Captain Holt said:

Calm down, it's the pinkun forum. I was going to delete it given what someone wrote above but now I'm going to leave it up until I get sued. 

I am calm. But frankly, if you think it's ok to compare a fellow fan to a suspected paedophile and rapist just for "bants" or whatever BS excuse you come up with, it makes you pretty scummy in my eyes. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Captain Holt said:

I'm obviously not calling him a paedophile mate. It's the high performance, Jake Humphrey, 'own the day bro' shi+ I can't stand.

You literally called him "the Norfolk Andrew Tate"... I mean, now you are just scrabbling. If you don't know who someone is, probably best not to use them as a comparison. 

On 30/01/2023 at 18:46, Canaries north said:

Nothing against TNC but I do find them difficult to like. I guess that is something against them 🤣But why do they give interviews to these 2 rather than proper journalist's. I would much rather have an in depth with Paddy or Michael Bailey. I'm sure we would find out more. 

I mean Jack has worked as a journalist for the BBC and ITV and is Social engagement Manager for the Racing Post, so he’s not really just a fan although not a current professional journalist, granted.

22 minutes ago, Rivvo said:

I mean Jack has worked as a journalist for the BBC and ITV and is Social engagement Manager for the Racing Post, so he’s not really just a fan although not a current professional journalist, granted.

He wasn't working for them as a journalist, was probably the office tea-boy.

Calling either of them a "journalist" is a massive stretch...

Just now, alex_ncfc said:

He wasn't working for them as a journalist, was probably the office tea-boy.

Calling either of them a "journalist" is a massive stretch...

And you know that for a fact do you?

19 minutes ago, Captain Holt said:

I know who Andrew Tate is. I didn't cross examine every single part of them both, I made a generalisation. I said it, you didn't like it. That's OK, that's a perfectly reasonable thing to happen in life. Neither of us are right.

No. It's at best, incredibly poor taste, it's an incredibly stupid comparison - whether you like it or not.

5 hours ago, hogesar said:

I'm not a massive fan of their interviewing 'style' or 'persona', maybe? I'm not even sure that's the right way of putting it. I think they've hugely improved though. Some of their content has been great viewing.

I think there is a significant amount of jealousy from older fans on here in particular, towards two fans who have turned their hobby into a genuine career.

Personally I don't really care. If they've put the time and the effort into getting the guests, then fair play to them. But as others have said there's only so many hours in the day and I've never found their interviews particularly interesting or insightful.

20 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Well this topic seems to have digressed a bit what with getting inside Alice Piper and similarities to Andrew Tate 😬

I don’t particularly enjoy their style and Jacks fan cam thing a few years back I felt was very contrived and I didn’t bother watching it after the first time, but I’m not sure what they’ve done to deserve the bitterness that some replies seem to be indicating.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, chicken said:

No. It's at best, incredibly poor taste, it's an incredibly stupid comparison - whether you like it or not.

Love you chickers, it was daft and I'm sorry. If you don't lighten up now I'm going to coat you in the colonel's magic juice and have you for supper x

26 minutes ago, Captain Holt said:

Love you chickers, it was daft and I'm sorry. If you don't lighten up now I'm going to coat you in the colonel's magic juice and have you for supper x

You spaff over all your fine cuisine? 😄

4 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

Id be inclined to agree, there seems to be almost resentment that they have decided not to Plod along in a guaranteed  pensionable job , really cant see why it bothers people , but some people seem bothered by an awful lot of stuff. Bleddy youngsters being all young and all. Wouldn't have happened in their day, bring back national service ( im actually in favour of that, though with health/ community service options as well as military).  

Anyway, dont like em ? Dont watch.👍

I mean I imagine they are in jobs. There really isn’t enough Norwich supporters to sustain them I would have thought with just some sponsorship and YouTube adds.

Not meant as an insult to them, I think it’s great they take their own time to do this. I don’t always agree with them but their content is good as fan channels go IMO.

Anyway, bringing the thread back on topic (hopefully), I enjoyed the interview.

I found out a fair bit about Wagner I hadn't known about before. He showed a lot of humility and came across as very genuine.

Edited by Pyro Pete
  • Like 1

Have to say I really enjoyed watching this. DW comes across incredibly well, is very likeable, and as mentioned above, is very humble. I loved his honesty and the straightforward way he says things. He had numerous opportunities to give pandering soundbites to some of the questions but didn't take any of them, just gave a genuine response.

Clearly very driven and focused on what he wants to achieve. I'm incredibly optimistic about the future with him at the wheel, exactly the kind of guy I want managing Norwich City. I think we're in for a really exciting time over the next few seasons. 

• Like 2

I am a coffin dodger so my opinion counts for diderley squat, in fact i probably should not be going to games at all.

• Like 1

Don't particularly go for TNC, but this was a good interview which Wagner handled very well and there were some interesting bits of information, for example, about his relationship with Webber and his following our club as a result of that relationship, as well as the common ground of knowing about some of the players from before.

So good stuff, Wagner is a bubbly character and brings a lot of positivity with him which we can all bounce off - fans and players alike.

• Like 1

Good interview. Found Wagner's comments about only wanting to have consistently focused players around interesting. Cantwell hint? Also sounds like we stole a player or two from under Huddersfield's nose during Webbers first season here. Vrancic perhaps what with his Mainz and Dortmund II connections?

Edited by Michael Starr

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

I am a coffin dodger so my opinion counts for diderley squat, in fact i probably should not be going to games at all.

Finally you get it! 😁