Just now, Worthy Nigelton said:

McKenna is not the messiah and actually looks a bit one dimensional

Lots of the fans are starting to say so as well, a couple more bad results and as we've witnessed time and time again, their attendances dwindle and the ones who do stay make the atmosphere a miserable one.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

The pack below are closing too! Staying in play'offs is not guaranteed. 🤭

Don't think they have any danger in holding on to a playoff place but it's a 7 point gap to the autos.

1 minute ago, shefcanary said:

The pack below are closing too! Staying in play'offs is not guaranteed. 🤭

Derby are closing fast. I suspect the binners will make the playoffs, but that is little comfort given they were top at one point. Now 7 points adrift. 3 points from their last 12 is not good. Coinciding with us now getting back to our best. You would have to have a hard heart to not feel sorry for them, Could it be another season in LI ? 😭

5 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

All those 'Norwich fans' in here who pop up on here from time to time and go on and on about how Ipswich are 'on the rise' and 'set for promotion' must be so upset they are now 8 points off the automatic spots..

seven

3 minutes ago, PockthorpePete said:

Derby are closing fast. I suspect the binners will make the playoffs, but that is little comfort given they were top at one point. Now 7 points adrift. 3 points from their last 12 is not good. Coinciding with us now getting back to our best. You would have to have a hard heart to not feel sorry for them, Could it be another season in LI ? 😭

Given they have spent more than double every other team in the divison has on both transers and wages it would be rather funny to see them bottle promotion.. Even more so if it means that dodgy pension fund falls apart as a result

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Given they have spent more than double every other team in the divison has on both transers and wages it would be rather funny to see them bottle promotion.. Even more so if it means that dodgy pension fund falls apart as a result

I don't think the billion dollar Arizona fire service  (and others) pension fund will be much affected by losing money in binland. But I do think that questions will be asked. The money put up was in the way of loans. Failing to go up will mean another 2 seasons minimum before they can think of playing in the PL. That's going to mean an awful lot of money having to be put in.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

All those 'Norwich fans' in here who pop up on here from time to time and go on and on about how Ipswich are 'on the rise' and 'set for promotion' must be so upset they are now 8 points off the automatic spots..

Oh you read my mind.

They've been awfully quiet.

I still remember all those who wanted us to get McKenna? I couldn't believe it. He's underperformed in the division below with the most expensive squad!

Correct @hogesar  McKenna's acid test was always going to be how he responded to the inevitable blip. Early signs dont look good.

Edited by Worthy Nigelton
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

Correct @hogesar  McKenna's acid test was always going to be how he responded to the inevitable blip. Early signs dont look good.

Dunno mate, early signs are fantastic if you ask me! 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

You know how bad it is, they have started to scrutinise the xg...

Screenshot_20230121_172825_Chrome.jpg

Xg still says they're still all c***s

(Apologies there...not my usual posting style but something made it funny in my head 😂...)

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, The Raptor said:

I wander who the Ipswich equivalent of Keith Scott is.

Simon Milton?

It was Waveney for a while wasn’t it?

So they actually lost to Oxford. Haha. They've probably spent more the last two windows than almost the rest of the league put together.

I recall McKenna being described as "the best young coach in the country, probably Europe," by one TWTD poster. Haha..

Now they are starting to question him, eg "Giving a rookie manager that sort of money to splash was a big mistake."

Keep current form up and they won't even make the play-offs. The reaction of their US backers if they fail to get promoted this season is anybody's guess.

Edited by BroadstairsR

3 hours ago, CANARYKING said:

Just looked at their fixtures, next five look a lot easier, see where they are after that

Easier than Oxford?  How easy can it get?

Their luck will change...

'We are just simply the unluckiest team ever...

Teams almost always score with their only shots on target and normally by a player who never scores or was only playing due to lack of numbers. Not forgetting the defected shots from 20+ yards.

We must average a goal every 6 shots on target and normally come up against a keeper who has a bad back from conceding so many and plays the game of their life.'

They've been unlucky since gearge burley was manager!

15 hours ago, canarydan23 said:

Lots of the fans are starting to say so as well, a couple more bad results and as we've witnessed time and time again, their attendances dwindle and the ones who do stay make the atmosphere a miserable one.

Same old story. They play a couple good games and they then brag about their attendance hitting 28,000 only for the season to fall apart and then the average atendence then falls below 20,000 again. Hell the season they were relegated to league one if I remember right they had an average attendance of only around 15,000.

Sorry but I’ve just picked this off the Oxford Fans Forum! Given the foggy conditions and the amount of bitching by the Binners after the game (had they got the winner they’d no be so vocal) but brilliant!

“All we needed yesterday was some fans that used to be Ipswich supporters. They could have surrounded pitch and then breathed in and fog would have gone. Yes we just needed a load of extractor fans 🤣🤣