Sign in to follow this  
Ian

Kenny McLean

spacer.png

From the gospel according to Hoggy 7:4-6 

"...and then the Scottish one spoke and said, "Arise my acolytes! As promised, I have returned...as a make shift defensive midfielder! Now, where did I leave my pint?"

Please note: no Kenny McLean's were hurt in the making of this gif (despite the fact he is 'legless').

OTBC

Edited by Disco Dales Jockstrap
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Petriix said:

It's incredibly ignorant

I dont think you need to say any more Petrixo.  GJL  is  starting to look like Bert level of football ignorance. 

12 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Granted he's found a bit of space in this 'deeper' role in these couple of games in which he's been able to find a little but of extra time on the ball...but as I said , lets not be fooled against a poor Preston.

The acid test will be when we're being attacked at pace by better sides.

I wouldnt then be so confident with McLean playing in that 'shieding' role in front if our back 4. Infact I'm petrified

I asked you if he was one of the best players on the pitch today.

Look at your response above.

For you, it's too difficult to just say yes. Because it's more important that your incorrect previous preconceptions are correct, even if it's only in your own head.

Guess what? I didn't think Pukki was going to be a revelation of a signing. I watched Stiepermann at Left Back and wondered what on earth he would offer a Championship club. Heck, I thought after the winter break Dean Smith was going to turn us around!

It's ok to be wrong about football!

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Indy said:

No sense of humour, even after a good win….really!

Clearly my sense of humour isn’t as highly developed as yours Indy 😉, I just wanted to stand up for one of our players who is still being unjustly criticised after 5 years of service and two great performances in the last two games. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I asked you if he was one of the best players on the pitch today.

Look at your response above.

For you, it's too difficult to just say yes. Because it's more important that your incorrect previous preconceptions are correct, even if it's only in your own head.

Guess what? I didn't think Pukki was going to be a revelation of a signing. I watched Stiepermann at Left Back and wondered what on earth he would offer a Championship club. Heck, I thought after the winter break Dean Smith was going to turn us around!

It's ok to be wrong about football!

My 'pre conceptions' that his midfield performances this ssason until yesterday have been largely poor

Ok

Enjoying yourself @nutty nigel. Brilliant from ... Wagner for finally instilling some positional sense into Kenny, who had his first solid 90 minutes of the campaign. I think Wagner has worked wonders for the whole squad to simplify things. 

But nothing has changed re. my long term perception of Kenny at all. If we rely on him as a starter every match in the EPL, we will come straight down again (assuming we go up in the play-offs). But he probably has enough, if strictly managed by Wagner, to get us into contention this season.

Bravo Kenny, but the real plaudits go to Wagner.

11 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Enjoying yourself @nutty nigel. Brilliant from ... Wagner for finally instilling some positional sense into Kenny, who had his first solid 90 minutes of the campaign. I think Wagner has worked wonders for the whole squad to simplify things. 

But nothing has changed re. my long term perception of Kenny at all. If we rely on him as a starter every match in the EPL, we will come straight down again (assuming we go up in the play-offs). But he probably has enough, if strictly managed by Wagner, to get us into contention this season.

First solid 90 minutes??!

Wash your mouth out

He's been magnificent in every game all season regardless of the position being asked to play...he's just been let down by everyone else around him.

Nailed on for player of the season

After yesterdays performance we should brace ourselves for a premier league bid before the end of the window

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary
  • Confused 1

Just now, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Wash your mouth out

He's been magnificent all in every game all season regardless of the position being asked to play...he's just been let down by everyone else around him.

After yesterdays performance we should brace ourdelves for a premier league bid before the end of the window

West Ham are going to up that £10m

bid (that never happened) aren’t they?

It's so cute watching these posters desperate to protect their fragile egos 😅😅😅😅😅

Midlands still not coping well that Ipswich might not beat us next season 😅😅😅

Edited by hogesar

21 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Wash your mouth out

He's been magnificent in every game all season regardless of the position being asked to play...he's just been let down by everyone else around him.

After yesterdays performance we should brace ourselves for a premier league bid before the end of the window

Sad. 

4 minutes ago, hogesar said:

It's so cute watching these posters desperate to protect their fragile egos 😅😅😅😅😅

Midlands still not coping well that Ipswich might not beat us next season 😅😅😅

Bonkers wording once again. I said I think they’ll be promoted and if we then met them 6 points would be no given next season. You on the other hand spoke nonsense on the subject. 

44 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Clearly my sense of humour isn’t as highly developed as yours Indy 😉, I just wanted to stand up for one of our players who is still being unjustly criticised after 5 years of service and two great performances in the last two games. 

Exactly my point….under Smith he’s been our best of a bad bunch, even to the point that his best performances was when he stood in at right back. In comes Wagner and he’s like a new signing. Add to that Wagner wants shot of Hugill and I’m really pleased Wagner has made such a massive change in attitude. He’s obviously got a game plan and vision his predecessor didn’t have.

Long may the improvement last.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Good point, best you've made all morning/ season/ eternity.  

😅😅

11 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Good point, best you've made all morning/ season/ eternity.  

just quoting anything/everything of interest you've said on this thread 🥱

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

Is it a bad time to point out that quite a lot of you that are desperate to be right about about Kenny McLean were very, very wrong about Dean Smith for a long, long time.

(for reference I’ve always said Kenny being in the team is fine but lack of competition in his position is a metaphor for our poor transfer policy and general management. Standards should be higher and we should aim to add competition/force players to improve/look to replace players with better talent and this has not happened with Kenny and the position he plays which has lead to the “why always Kenny” attitude)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

spacer.png

"...and then the Scottish one spoke and said, "Arise my acolytes! As promised, I have returned...as a make shift defensive midfielder! Now, where did I leave my pint?"

Please note: no Kenny McLean's were hurt in the making of this gif (despite the fact he is 'legless').

OTBC

The GIF wouldn't load for me on my phone, so I couldn't respond until I could see it wasn't an animation of me licking Kenny's toes or something 😆

14 hours ago, Indy said:

To bring this back, McLean’s best game in 14 months, can we give Wagner credit for McLean and our overall massive improvement, maybe McLean likeHanley said wasn’t too happy with Smiths tactics. I’m just excited by the way our intensity and organisation has improved in just one week!

Exactly.......... and who here would ever have predicted Kieran Dowell charging back and making a decent tackle 🙂

2 hours ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

spacer.png

OTBC

Wow, it's almost believable,  get in king 🤴 Kenny. 4 -0. What a result. What I can't get my head round is all the nit picking and sniper remarks. FFS, just enjoy it and move on to the next game. Trust in Wagner. He's worth trusting in. He has made the players , good  , bad , and indifferent come alive, YES , not just Kenny but every player, now thats what you call impressive 👏.  One game , but it feels right. Now Fùck off with all I'm right he's right  he said it first , 

SORRY Disco   for using your superb post.  But some things you just have to get off your chest.

C'mon on all the players keep buying into this man Wagner and we will make the playoffs. AND remember Kenny you might be Sh!t next game , but guess what that's life 😉 Enjoy the moments, life is short for to much **** .🥳👍

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Is it a bad time to point out that quite a lot of you that are desperate to be right about about Kenny McLean were very, very wrong about Dean Smith for a long, long time.

(for reference I’ve always said Kenny being in the team is fine but lack of competition in his position is a metaphor for our poor transfer policy and general management. Standards should be higher and we should aim to add competition/force players to improve/look to replace players with better talent and this has not happened with Kenny and the position he plays which has lead to the “why always Kenny” attitude)

You’re right, the simple fact is he is the best player we have at being asked to do what he does.

Should we replace him? Possibly, if someone better is affordable and depending on other priorities. Is he a good PL midfielder? No, but he can do a job and has proven in the Championship he can be excellent.

I’ve never really been sure what peoples issue with him is.

Just now, Monty13 said:

You’re right, the simple fact is he is the best player we have at being asked to do what he does.

Should we replace him? Possibly, if someone better is affordable and depending on other priorities. Is he a good PL midfielder? No, but he can do a job and has proven in the Championship he can be excellent.

It’s more successive management and of course our esteemed football director that have failed to add competition that adds to the “Kenny effect” of him basically morphing into James Milner.

The same effect kind of applies to Hanley. 
We need to keep all players on their toes with layers of competitiveness to increase standards of play.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shefcanary said:

With due respect this is nonsense Sheff. The PL is a convenient stick to carry on a vendetta against a championship player.

To take the midfield, bar Emi and Madison, we haven't had a real PL midfield, which is why we are constantly relegated. As for DMs Tettey would be the best and he was relegated twice.

If you're going to judge the players on PL scale then wouldn't it be a tiny bit fairer to measure all of them and not just Kenny.

Edited by nutty nigel

8 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

It’s more successive management and of course our esteemed football director that have failed to add competition that adds to the “Kenny effect” of him basically morphing into James Milner.

The same effect kind of applies to Hanley. 
We need to keep all players on their toes with layers of competitiveness to increase standards of play.

Agree 👍  and I'm sure you can see already that's what Wagners basic philosophy is. He will get 10% more out of every player, maybe more. If you don't  buy into his mentality ( which is a winning one), you won't be in the team. Simples!.

16 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

Some people have issues.

In terms of technical ability I think Kenny is and always has been right up there in this squad, he has a lovely left foot and can execute all sorts of passes. Note the number of ones he played yesterday with the outside of his boot. Where his problem has always lied I think is that he struggles slightly when being put under pressure. That would lead to him losing the ball through being tackled or him hurriedly attempting passes that were never on. This issue is more obvious in the PL where teams are better at blocking passing angles and closing the spaces. Under Smith, the lack of instruction on how we would attack led to Kenny either playing safe passes or once again trying to do too much, yesterday it was clear that Kenny knew there would be players running in behind the Preston defence and he managed to play those passes well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

With due respect this is nonsense Sheff. The PL is a convenient stick to carry on a vendetta against a championship player.

To take the midfield, bar Emi and Madison, we haven't had a real PL midfield, which is why we are constantly relegated. As for DMs Tettey would be the best and he was relegated twice.

If you're going to judge the players on PL scale then wouldn't it be a tiny bit fairer to measure all of them and not just Kenny.

Yes you are right. But my main point has been and always will be, we will not stay up in the EPL if we have Kenny starting every match. With even more due respect Nutty, you will not rid me of that point of view. 

But Wagner and Kenny might ...

🙂