TeemuVanBasten

The elephant in the room...

Is that we'll need to sell somebody if Wagner is going to be able to bring anybody in.

And that if we don't sell anybody, there's no money for transfer fees to replace Cantwell, Hayden, Pukki, Dowell, and Byram when they leave in the summer (I'm sure our U23 team could offer up players to replace Sinani, McGovern, and Hugill, and I'll work on the assumption that we could afford to keep Onel as he loves us and would take a pay cut)

People presume that it was the club insisting on the 12 month rolling deal. Would it actually surprised anybody if it were Wagner insisting on that?

77718773_r1q317i4uv9a1(1).thumb.jpg.a16aec8f43b837352d6cef83b4a18ea2.jpg

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

2 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Flog Rashica for a cut price deal

That might give us a bit of January wiggle room.

It won't replace Pukki, Hayden and Cantwell in the summer.

I'm thinking ahead to next season really, which is more realistic for a Wagner promotion. 

I can't see where the big sale is going to come from to fund any sort of rebuilding.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

27 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

That might give us a bit of January wiggle room.

It won't replace Pukki, Hayden and Cantwell in the summer.

I'm thinking ahead to next season really, which is more realistic for a Wagner promotion. 

I can't see where the big sale is going to come from to fund any sort of rebuilding.

For all the good hayden and cantwell have been this season they wont need replacing

You dont miss what you didnt have

Sargent will be Pukki's replacement

• Like 1

Yeah I mean... tbh... Hayden, Dowell, Byram, Hugill will save us a fortune in wages and they haven't exactly done much here anyway. Pukki and Cantwell may well get resurrected under Wagner as both are very much Wagner type players and then it's a different conversation regarding contracts. If we go up this season, both Pukki and Cantwell are likely to sign an extension as I can't see any bigger opportunities appearing. Farke may well fancy bringing Pukki to Germany and he may go. If he does, he's earned his move and he will be replaced.

If we don't go up, big earners will go, including the likes of Krul but that's kinda okay too. Our most successful teams have been built around lower level players stepping up as a collective.

Edited by Michael Starr

That is absolutely astonishing. The average wage in our group in our group must be insane for that to be the case. With some guess work based off of the 170M over 3 seasons from the PL + 33m for Buendia - our spend over the last 2 summers wouldn't that put our average wage somewhere between 30-40k per week? Obviously some young players will be on sub 10k so we must have some players earning crazy money by our standards or we must be paying backroom staff a fortune. 

Even if I'm way out having spent all of that money we must be paying the players way more than they're worth so we really need to shift some high earners asap.

Edited by Christoph Stiepermann

4 minutes ago, Michael Starr said:

Yeah I mean... tbh... Hayden, Dowell, Byram, Hugill will save us a fortune in wages and they haven't exactly done much here anyway. Pukki and Cantwell may well get resurrected under Wagner as both are very much Wagner type players and then it's a different conversation regarding contracts. If we go up this season, both Pukki and Cantwell are likely to sign an extension as I can't see any bigger opportunities appearing. Farke may well fancy bringing Pukki to Germany and he may go. If he does, he's earned his move and he will be replaced.

If we don't go up, big earners will go, including the likes of Krul but that's kinda okay too. Our most successful teams have been built around lower level players stepping up as a collective.

Why on god's green earth would we extend Todd's contract?

5 hours ago, CDMullins said:

Why on god's green earth would we extend Todd's contract?

I know what you mean. The support seems split on the player.

He showed a  lot since he returned this seaso, but was subject to Smith's chop change, roullete wheel selection policy and indeed Smithball. He then (apparrently) got a slight injury and petered out.

Last  chance. Nobody wil likely buy him now knowing  he'' be free in the Summer surely? He won't be iin  that much demand.

Lat chance. let's hope  Wagner gets a tune fom him or  even an opera and the he might, just migt, might get a new  contact ... if  he so wishes.

Ther's been so much assumption, guesswork abut this player, but who  really knows?

Of course, they can sign pre-contrcts in January... we will   know soon.

Edited by BroadstairsR

1 hour ago, Michael Starr said:

Pukki and Cantwell may well get resurrected under Wagner as both are very much Wagner type players and then it's a different conversation regarding contracts. If we go up this season, both Pukki and Cantwell are likely to sign an extension as I can't see any bigger opportunities appearing. 

If we don't go up, and we probably won't, I can seriously see Pukki joining one of the promoted teams. He was bigging up loads of Sheff Utd players on a YouTube video recently and they are still playing a 36 year old Billy Sharp.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Is that we'll need to sell somebody if Wagner is going to be able to bring anybody in.

And that if we don't sell anybody, there's no money for transfer fees to replace Cantwell, Hayden, Pukki, Dowell, and Byram when they leave in the summer (I'm sure our U23 team could offer up players to replace Sinani, McGovern, and Hugill, and I'll work on the assumption that we could afford to keep Onel as he loves us and would take a pay cut)

People presume that it was the club insisting on the 12 month rolling deal. Would it actually surprised anybody if it were Wagner insisting on that?

77718773_r1q317i4uv9a1(1).thumb.jpg.a16aec8f43b837352d6cef83b4a18ea2.jpg

Great point. In my experience, all employees love to maximize their own job insecurity and minimise their own rights to compensation if they're sacked...🤦‍♂️

More likely it was mutually agreed as a way to give a feel of 'trial period' to minimise leverage of lunatics that make a hobby of getting managers and off-field personnel sacked and for him to build his own support with club supporters before more commitment is made.

At the end of the day, January has three weeks to go, so we'll know soon enough whether anything is going to happen this window. For now, it's more important that Wagner familiarises himself with the majority of what we already have, seeing as immediate promotion seems to no longer be a priority for supporters.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

6 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

For all the good hayden and cantwell have been this season they wont need replacing

You dont miss what you didnt have

Sargent will be Pukki's replacement

I still think we need to try everything to retain Pukki. He hasn’t scored as many ( so far) this season but his goals are vital. When you look at what he contributes in terms of assists and chasing back, I still believe he is the most important player in the squad. Sarge has improved this season, but he is not on the same level and even if he were we cannot rely on one decent striker. ( The jury is still out on Idah).

Rangers are interested in Cantwell, either for a fee now or for free this summer. His head has probably been turned but in reality he has produced nothing in the last year. Looking back we should have cashed in on him a couple of years ago when his stock was much higher than now. Money lost for us I am afraid. 

37 minutes ago, LaUnionCanary said:

Rangers are interested in Cantwell, either for a fee now or for free this summer. His head has probably been turned but in reality he has produced nothing in the last year. Looking back we should have cashed in on him a couple of years ago when his stock was much higher than now. Money lost for us I am afraid. 

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but entirely useless of course. Our last two visits to the PL showed Buendia and Cantwell to be probably the two players most capable of competing well at that level. Buendia made it very clear he would not play another game for Norwich when he was sold; imagine the wailing from the usual suspects on here if we had sold Cantwell at the same time.

Purely and simply we need the takeover to happen.

External investment will be be needed just to remain competitive in the Championship.

7 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

I know what you mean. The support seems split on the player.

He showed a  lot since he returned this seaso, but was subject to Smith's chop change, roullete wheel selection policy and indeed Smithball. He then (apparrently) got a slight injury and petered out.

Last  chance. Nobody wil likely buy him now knowing  he'' be free in the Summer surely? He won't be iin  that much demand.

Lat chance. let's hope  Wagner gets a tune fom him or  even an opera and the he might, just migt, might get a new  contact ... if  he so wishes.

Ther's been so much assumption, guesswork abut this player, but who  really knows?

Of course, they can sign pre-contrcts in January... we will   know soon.

No matter which side of the fence you sit on with Todd, I think you now have to question how seriously Todd takes his football.

Id love him to do well but it's been years since we've seen the player we thought we had.

People want to deny it on here but he clearly has issues, multiple times he's returned from breaks unfit, which then coincide with an injury and an extended break 

He had a chance to revitalise his career and go back to the Premier League with Bournemouth and couldn't make it happen.

Your right that no one will be buying him in January. Would there be much interest in him on a free, I'd suggest only from Championship clubs and maybe something overseas.

It's imperative were promoted this season, we need the money because we have no assets to sell that would enable us to be competitive next season, unless Todd is telling Wagner he's absolutely back, all issues are sorted and he's chomping at the bit, I'd rather cut my ties and go without him.

If unfortunately we're short of a few bob, the easy solution is to put up all Season Ticket home and away including casual entrance prices by a minimum of at least 30%....

Our esteemed majority shareholding duo and other board members are poverty stricken....bless 'em....

The onus is therefore on us the loyal support, to financially assist our progress to achieve our goals.... 

The 30% attendance increase will also sort the affluent wheat from the effluent chavs....

It's a ridiculous position for a team who have just spent 2 of 3 seasons in the PL to be in. It seems we're on this never ending cycle of not having a pot to pîss in. 

4 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

It's a ridiculous position for a team who have just spent 2 of 3 seasons in the PL to be in. It seems we're on this never ending cycle of not having a pot to pîss in. 

Gross incompetence from the senior management, no other words for it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

Purely and simply we need the takeover to happen.

External investment will be be needed just to remain competitive in the Championship.

No it won't our revenues will always be competitive in the Championship. I have explained this to you before.