Sign in to follow this  
Canary Jedi

Farke vs Wagner - difference?

Just now, kick it off said:

I read somewhere that contrary to him just being a klopp acolyte, he and klopp were room-mates and this system came about as they had long in depth discussions about the way they thought Football should be played. This system is as much Wagner as Klopp, its just klopp has had more success and therefore given the credit for it.

Sort of, but Klopp's managerial career started ten years earlier than Wagner's did (he started at Mainz in 2001, Wagner started at Dortmund reserves in 2011). I've read the same that both discussed tactics together when they played at Mainz, but Klopp had ten years head-start in refining them into the Liverpool tactics you see nowadays.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Didn't crash and burn twice in the prem like a certain overrated German who spent a lot of time in Norfolk either.

Actually they both have one relegation on their CV, but don’t let facts get in your way! Farke has two Championships on his! 😂👍

• Like 1

6 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Huddersfield actually stayed up and didn't have Emi Buendia...

Well they must have had some good (Weapons) of mass destruction to survive , YOU NEED weapons 😉 💯🤣

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, NeymarSmith said:

Would.mooy come here?

Unlikely, he's only just joined Celtic. Plus he's 32.

I'd be more interested to hear what Wagner's mate at Liverpool has going spare.

52 minutes ago, Mengo said:

Well they must have had some good (Weapons) of mass destruction to survive , YOU NEED weapons 😉💯🤣

Norwich City. Latest official Weapon

452644__20180114131540_david_wagner.jpg

David Wagner

U.S
U.S
2022/232021/222020/212019/202018/192017/182016/172015/162014/152013/142012/132011/122008/092007/08

PERSONAL DATA
D
NAMEDavid Wagner
BIRTH DATE1971-10-19 (51 YEARS OLD)COUNTRY OF BIRTH
Germany
Germany
NATIONALITY
U.S
U.S
DUAL NATIONALITY
Germany
Germany
NATURALNESSfrankfurt am main
SITUATIONIn activity
CURRENT CLUB
England
norwich city
CURRENT CLUB

3 hours ago, Chichcan said:

I don't know if Bethnal Y&G still posts on here or if he'd mind me linking to his blog but I found it interesting 

https://byag.medium.com/david-wagners-norwich-9601070c9c56

Interesting article.  I'm not sure I share BY&G's optimism regarding the capacity of our current midfield to carry out a gegenpress but an interesting read nonetheless.

The attacking side is more of a concern given the patterns he has identified and the propensity for teams at this level to sit off us though.  I will admit to only hazy recollections of that Huddersfield team beyond a few individuals but I'm fairly sure that they wouldn't have had teams parking the bus and having to unpick a massed defences in the way that we have in recent years at Champs level.

Edited by Barham Blitz

10 hours ago, Canary Jedi said:

Ok I’m being hugely stereotypical but they’re both German, both came from BD, both successful at Champ level, both failed at Premier League level … what can we expect that is different from Wagner vs what we experienced with Farke?

Hopefully Wagner will respectfully tell Webber he's wasted a load of cash and therefore let him decide who he wants to bring in and let go

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Canary Jedi said:

Ok I’m being hugely stereotypical but they’re both German, both came from BD, both successful at Champ level, both failed at Premier League level … what can we expect that is different from Wagner vs what we experienced with Farke?

Hopefully he'll also have the sense to connect with fans like Klopp does, it does not need to be a Farke wave but we need to see he - and by extension the squad - cares.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Indy said:

Actually they both have one relegation on their CV, but don’t let facts get in your way! Farke has two Championships on his! 😂👍

Farke has a lot of responsibility for the second relegation you're putting all on Smith there, but don't let facts get in your way. It may have been Smith at the helm at the end of that second season, but Farke engineered that squad and was heading for massive failure after over quarter of a season with a grand total of 5 points out of a possible 33.

But back to Wagner... the existence of an established dynamic for success between Wagner and Webber is interesting, and the fact that the pair of them have had different experiences since and think there's mileage in teaming up again is promising. Add to that the fact that Wagner has been out of work since March, it conveys the impression he wasn't in a rush to return to management per se.

Overall, grounds to think there are the ingredients to get promotion out of this season yet, and even if not, with parachute money and a proven successful dynamic with the two, there's reason to think a second bite of the cherry next year would have a decent chance of yielding results as well.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

2 hours ago, Fuzzar said:

Thanks for posting.

His Huddersfield teams scoring fewer than 30 goals in each of their top flight seasons is something to look forward to. 

If number goals mattered, people would have been a bit more enthused at us being one of the top-scoring teams in the league this season, wouldn't they?