Sign in to follow this  

Yeh I've never seen him as a strong captain myself.

Biggest leader we have is Krul imho.

Flappy hands Kenny gets a free pass after how he played against Reading though.

Just now, Midlands Yellow said:

What’s happened to Gibson, he doesn’t even look league 1 standard theses days. 

He was good in our promotion season but is now showing why he was 4th choice in a dreadful Burnley defence. Surely we have to be bringing on Omo now.

2 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

What’s happened to Gibson, he doesn’t even look league 1 standard theses days. 

Massive confidence player.

Also couldn't be arsed to go for a cross and let it go wide when he could've scored. It probably wasn't as easy as it looked from from where I sat but at least the fool could've tried.

1 minute ago, The Raptor said:

Also couldn't be arsed to go for a cross and let it go wide when he could've scored. It probably wasn't as easy as it looked from from where I sat but at least the fool could've tried.

He was offside

14 minutes ago, mannings bandy legs said:

Just to mention. Go 1 down,Hanley strolls out of penalty area,bends down,hands on knees. Leadership? Would'nt know it if it smacked him in face!!!!!

He always does this, winds me right up. See Andy Robertson tonight after Brentford went 3-1 up for how a captain tries to galvanise a team. 

Also, Hanley is about as good at staying onside in attacking plays as I would be. 

Edited by mrdi

6 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

He was good in our promotion season but is now showing why he was 4th choice in a dreadful Burnley defence. Surely we have to be bringing on Omo now.

In his two years at Burnley, Tarkowski and Mee missed nine games between them: a combined 143 appearances out of 152. They were an excellent partnership, so it's not a reflection on Gibson that he couldn't break them up.

But I do agree that Omobamidele needs to be given a chance now. He's the future, and probably also the present.

Hanley is a decent Championship defender, no more. He is not,  never has been (and I've said this many times) captain material  

14 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

He was good in our promotion season but is now showing why he was 4th choice in a dreadful Burnley defence

He is definitely showing why he Dyche only gave him 1 game in the Premier League at Burnley.

But Tarkowski and Mee was an excellent centre back pairing, not dreadful at all, which is why they are both still in the Premier League - Ben Mee playing 90 mins in the team which beat Liverpool today.

I was really impressed with Jonathan Tomkinson when he got a game earlier in the season, some people might think he's too young or inexperienced, but the players we using at present aren't doing the business. So what's wrong with trying something different....Omobamidele & Tomkinson as our central defender's is worth a try.

Edited by Top corner

People really have their scapegoats don’t they. If we didn’t have Hanley in our back 4 we would have conceded so many more goals.

Our midfield and further afield is where the problem lies. Our defence has no cover. Just have a look how much better we were as a team when we had Skipp and Buendia in it. Having Sargent, Idah and Pukki up front miles apart from each other was not the best tactic. No quality defensive midfielder in our team coupled with that front 3, our defence will struggle.

• Like 1