Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Official Lapps match thread - Watford

Forgot they were even playing until I came in and put the telly on with 20 mins left so watched the last bit.

They look like a bunch of soft **** lost sheep out there. All a bit pathetic really. Might as well give Andrew Tate or Piers Morgan the job, be some entertaining interviews at least 😂

Admittedly I live 200 miles away so hard to feel a connection at the best of times but it all feels so pointless these days, completely emotionally detached from this club now. The modern game has completely passed them by and they’ve arrived back at mediocrity. Attanasio must be wondering why he’s bothered invest.

Would anyone be sad if the club just gave up and folded?

Cannot believe we won today playing a rightback in midfield and a youth team prospect at left back. I would have put my house on Norwich before KO. All you had to do was go for it press us and we would collapse. Your slow plodding build up played into the only possible way we can win. Very satisfying result sfter your 3 0 at our gaff ruined my 40th birthday.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Unthink road said:

Fair enough, but this coach apparently is and has been part of our coaching set up. How deep is the rot? 

He’s a set piece coach, not a team coach. It is entirely possible he’s good at coaching set pieces (jury still out on that one though I think, improvement defensively and at throw ins, but free kicks and corners not so much) but not so good at team management.

1 minute ago, Nuff Said said:

He’s a set piece coach, not a team coach. It is entirely possible he’s good at coaching set pieces (jury still out on that one though I think, improvement defensively and at throw ins, but free kicks and corners not so much) but not so good at team management.

He was assistant coach at Aberdeen. He played over 300 senior games. He was in the England set up.

And you are telling me he knows nothing of team management?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Moosebadge said:

Cannot believe we won today playing a rightback in midfield and a youth team prospect at left back. I would have put my house on Norwich before KO. All you had to do was go for it press us and we would collapse. Your slow plodding build up played into the only possible way we can win. Very satisfying result sfter your 3 0 at our gaff ruined my 40th birthday.

Sadly at the moment turning up is good enough against us.

4 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Why was in charge of a multi million pound squad of players if he isn't qualified to the job then. I get he is a set piece coach, but the top brass must have thought he was capable. 2 games equals 6 points. That might be the difference at the end of the season. 

13 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

I think the fact we're **** poor on set pieces tells us all we need to know. He's got 1 attacking corner routine,  that daft one he used for England where they're lining up for a bus.

10 minutes ago, WD40 said:

Look we all knew the recruitment has been so so poor for a while now but we let ourselves believe we had one of the better squads in the league. No way is that true. Without Emi and Skipp that champo team 2 years ago does nothing.

Yes Deano was also an awful fit but the whole thing is a complete mess. 2 seasons of prem riches spunked up the wall. 

Yep - I'm sadly coming to that conclusion. Thought we could get top 2 with a fair wind on our side but in reality we needed a hurricane.

Nunez loses the ball for fun. Sara runs around a lot but lacks quality. Hayden is a sick note. Pukki has lost his spark. Cantwell is gone gone. Gibson is an accident waiting to happen. We lack pace. We lack creativity.

The only thing on our side is that the league is filled with 'middling' teams. Get the right man in, and...well...maybe...

Untitled.jpg.793366870570983a930e5234d7ea5af2.jpg

OTBC

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

He was assistant coach at Aberdeen. He played over 300 senior games. He was in the England set up.

And you are telling me he knows nothing of team management?

I didn’t say he knows nothing of team management, just that it’s possible he’s not very good at it, since that isn’t what he was employed for. 

26 minutes ago, Unthink road said:

Why was in charge of a multi million pound squad of players if he isn't qualified to the job then. I get he is a set piece coach, but the top brass must have thought he was capable. 2 games equals 6 points. That might be the difference at the end of the season. 

They thought he was the best option. We will never know if someone else would have been better. I guess there’s an argument Adams could have stopped in, at least he has managed, and managed Norwich, before. But I don’t think the optics would have been great.

18 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Yep - I'm sadly coming to that conclusion. Thought we could get top 2 with a fair wind on our side but in reality we needed a hurricane.

Nunez loses the ball for fun. Sara runs around a lot but lacks quality. Hayden is a sick note. Pukki has lost his spark. Cantwell is gone gone. Gibson is an accident waiting to happen. We lack pace. We lack creativity.

The only thing on our side is that the league is filled with 'middling' teams. Get the right man in, and...well...maybe...

OTBC

I love  the smell of facepalm in the morning. 😇

• Like 1

Can Alan Russell look at himself in the mirror tonight and say he tried everything he possibly could off the bench in that last 15 mins (including injury time)...with 4 subs still remaining?

Doesnt matter how experienced/inexperienced you are, surely you'd do something rather than just stand and do nothing??

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

They thought he was the best option. We will never know if someone else would have been better. I guess there’s an argument Adams could have stopped in, at least he has managed, and managed Norwich, before. But I don’t think the optics would have been great.

Probably not. You would hope someone would grasp the opportunity though. The lack of subs, is what really annoys me. He could be under orders from Webber to continue with the formation, but fatigue in the modern game needs to be accounted for and not utilising the subs is neglect. 

Ok. We need some honesty. Frankly in the last two games we had hardly any shots on target. Not really a goal threat.

Why oh why play THREE centre forwards two of which are not in their natural position 🤔

Square pegs in square holes, round pegs in round holes please. Simple.

I note that our little 7 game run earlier on in the season had Sarge as the lone CF.

Pukki needs ball to feet playing off the shoulder not aerial crosses. If we can't do that stick Sarge or Idah in as CF.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

OTBC

Good managers can do great things with average players, but I would argue in those scenarios the players have at least pace and strength. I don’t know what our strengths are other than Pukki’s finishing (if you can get him the ball)

Just catching up on the matchday thread as I was at the game. Just to confirm it was even worse in real life, I simply do not know where to begin after that shower of sh1t.

2 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Can Alan Russell look at himself in the mirror tonight and say he tried everything he possibly could off the bench in that last 15 mins (including injury time)...with 4 subs still remaining?

Doesnt matter how experienced/inexperienced you are, surely you'd do something rather than just stand and do nothing??

Virtually everybody in that ground would have subbed Idah for Hugill for the last 20 mins(yes,that desperate!)  and gone long.But what do we know.