How about Martin O Neill as a left field appointment? He’s an excellent motivator and might be what we need if we don’t have too much money to spend. What do you think?

I actually think O'Neill would be good BUT.

My real concerns with any appointment is that there is a toxicity at the club at present that needs to dissipate before any new manager will come in and take a chance on us.

That toxicity stems from unrealistic aspirations of the fans this season (we should 'walk' the league) and a tired squad many of which one way or another are in the process of moving on and simply treading water.

We need a rebuild - and be honest to ourselves about it.

Edited by Yellow Fever

Wonderful player , manager and with an intelligent charismatic personality but he is 70 for goodness sake so is a non starter.

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

He also walks out more than Arthur Scargill...

The man who assisted me with the purchase of a Ferguson Videostar and a new car bless him.😂

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

The man who assisted me with the purchase of a Ferguson Videostar and a new car bless him.😂

Arthur Scargill????

Overtime!

Edited by nutty nigel
Penny dropped

25 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Wonderful player , manager and with an intelligent charismatic personality but he is 70 for goodness sake so is a non 

I agree, except for the charismatic bit...

Hes a dreadful bore. 

1 minute ago, mrdi said:

I’d rather have Roy Keane, at least he’s funny. 

He's  funny at punditry  , yes. He is not much fun to actually work with by all accounts.  Waaaaay too serious and intense.....might work as team Captain, not what you need for manager/ head Coach.  

2 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

He's  funny at punditry  , yes. He is not much fun to actually work with by all accounts.  Waaaaay too serious and intense.....might work as team Captain, not what you need for manager/ head Coach.  

That was kind-of my point; O’Neill’s time is gone and he’s painfully dour with it. Keane was (I believe) his No. 2 for a while, hence why I mentioned him. I don’t imagine they’re too dissimilar tbh. 

…though now I’ve mentioned Keane, I actually reckon he’d be an interesting one. The ultimate pragmatist. Plus, I think I recall him recently talking about being interested in making a return to management… 

2 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

May as well put Stringer and Brown in the mix too if they feel up to it. 

Stop it, I’m welling up here

1 hour ago, mrdi said:

…though now I’ve mentioned Keane, I actually reckon he’d be an interesting one. The ultimate pragmatist. Plus, I think I recall him recently talking about being interested in making a return to management… 

😉😂😂😂😂

• Haha 1

I think O’Neil for the rest of this season would be a fairly smart move but not as a long term thing. He and Webber would struggle to get along for more than 6 months.

12 minutes ago, Yellow Shirt said:

I think O’Neil for the rest of this season would be a fairly smart move but not as a long term thing. He and Webber would struggle to get along for more than 6 months.

Really?

Bar a 5 month stint at Forest, he’s not been in club football for 10 years! 

I thought this was a wind up. It would be an absolute disaster to appoint MON on any sort of basis, and thankfully, there’s no chance of it happening. 

O’Neill has delivered 3 times for Norwich, twice as an outstandingly motivating player and once as a very promising manager. He was unfortunately under a chairman who was up to some very underhand business dealings, which forced a stubborn O’Neill to resign.

As he’s said many times, he regrets not taking Norwich up, which he then did with Leicester and considers it’ unfinished business’. 

Never to old and for the rest of the season helping to bring through the next young manager, yes please!

Get Bellamy involved too.