Sign in to follow this  
Feedthewolf

Who was in the away end last night?

I guess this may have been covered briefly on other threads, but I wanted to hear eyewitness reports from people who were actually there last night. I've seen comments about 'fans fighting each other', can anyone shed any light on that?

On Sky, you could clearly hear the anti-Deano chants, but they seemed to be well interspersed with songs supporting the team and players. From what I could see on TV, it looked as if the players didn't go to the away end at all after the match? I think Onel walked vaguely in that direction and clapped, and it looked like he was getting positive vibes from the fans, but did the players cop for any flak from the fans? Any chants regarding Webber or the owners, or was all the negativity aimed squarely at Deano?

Edited by Feedthewolf

There was a minority calling for Deano to go very early into the game (a few minutes after ko) which others in the crowd around them felt was a bit counter productive shall we say. Generally, it was pretty positive support for the team and only a handful of people involved in a minor scuffle.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Michael Starr said:

There was a minority calling for Deano to go very early into the game (a few minutes after ko) which others in the crowd around them felt was a bit counter productive shall we say. Generally, it was pretty positive support for the team and only a handful of people involved in a minor scuffle.

Thanks for that. Did you stay right to the end? I know Deano ignored the fans and walked straight off, did any of the players come over? If so, what was the reaction like?

36 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

I guess this may have been covered briefly on other threads, but I wanted to hear eyewitness reports from people who were actually there last night. I've seen comments about 'fans fighting each other', can anyone shed any light on that?

On Sky, you could clearly hear the anti-Deano chants, but they seemed to be well interspersed with songs supporting the team and players. From what I could see on TV, it looked as if the players didn't go to the away end at all after the match? I think Onel walked vaguely in that direction and clapped, and it looked like he was getting positive vibes from the fans, but did the players cop for any flak from the fans? Any chants regarding Webber or the owners, or was all the negativity aimed squarely at Deano?

I was there. The chanting started after a few minutes and was started by a few kids. The majority told them to shut the f*** up, not because they didn’t agree Smith should no longer be in charge, but because they were there to support the team in getting a win at Luton. They didn’t even understand football, you may remember a free kick near the beginning of the game, where our defence moved up, leaving a number of players ( that is obviously from behind the goal ) offside. One of the Luton players of course had a free header, but was offside. At this point they started to abuse some of our players.

At half time we saw a couple of instances of fans arguing and in one instance throwing a punch, to the extent where stewards had to move in to sort. The atmosphere became quite nasty. At the end of the game ( I understand you can see this on Sky ) there was quite a sizeable brawl, wasn’t close enough to see it start, but was told somebody was applauding the players and got punched. 

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Well b back said:

At half time we saw a couple of instances of fans arguing and in one instance throwing a punch, to the extent where stewards had to move in to sort. The atmosphere became quite nasty. At the end of the game ( I understand you can see this on Sky ) there was quite a sizeable brawl, wasn’t close enough to see it start, but was told somebody was applauding the players and got punched. 

Oh wow, I didn't see a brawl... I felt the Luton fans were harsher towards Smith than we were.

4 minutes ago, Well b back said:

I was there. The chanting started after a few minutes and was started by a few kids. The majority told them to shut the f*** up, not because they didn’t agree Smith should no longer be in charge, but because they were there to support the team in getting a win at Luton. They didn’t even understand football, you may remember a free kick near the beginning of the game, where our defence moved up, leaving a number of players ( that is obviously from behind the goal ) offside. One of the Luton players of course had a free header, but was offside. At this point they started to abuse some of our players.

Thanks for that, sounds about right. I guess anyone who pays their money and travels is entitled to their opinions and behaviours, but sounds like there are a fair few youngsters who need to grow up a bit. I saw the same thing at Blackpool, young lads hurling abuse at fellow Norwich fans for 'not singing'. Needs a few older and wiser heads to take them to task, I think.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Michael Starr said:

Oh wow, I didn't see a brawl... I felt the Luton fans were harsher towards Smith than we were.

Hard to see exactly what was happening, there was somebody being carried out by a number of stewards and it could equally have been people trying to rescue him from the stewards.

1 minute ago, Well b back said:

Hard to see exactly what was happening, there was somebody being carried out by a number of stewards and it could equally have been people trying to rescue him from the stewards.

There’s footage of this online, looks like people trying to rescue someone being chucked out

1 minute ago, Feedthewolf said:

Thanks for that, sounds about right. I guess anyone who pays their money and travels is entitled to their opinions and behaviours, but sounds like there are a fair few youngsters who need to grow up a bit. I saw the same thing at Blackpool, young lads hurling abuse at fellow Norwich fans for 'not singing'. Needs a few older and wiser heads to take them to task, I think.

Hopefully the worse is over now, I can’t see any likelihood of Smith being in charge on Friday. The worry however is who the f*** can sort out a club that is clearly in disarray. We don’t know how the players feel, wether they respected Smith or not. Can the players that have suffered abuse be turned around.
Only time will tell, but a worrying 6 weeks ahead I feel.

3 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

There’s footage of this online, looks like people trying to rescue someone being chucked out

This just popped up. Hambags!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Doesn't he always do this?

Has done since day 1, his apathy towards the fan base here has always been the root problem with him. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Has done since day 1, his apathy towards the fan base here has always been the root problem with him. 

I'm sorry I don't agree with this. Lots of managers don't like the limelight and don't go around clapping the fans, leaving it to the players instead. If that's genuinely why fans didn't take to him all we need to do is hire a professional entertainer who'll happily lap up applause maybe ride round the pitch on a unicycle dressed as a clown...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I'm sorry I don't agree with this. Lots of managers don't like the limelight and don't go around clapping the fans, leaving it to the players instead. If that's genuinely why fans didn't take to him all we need to do is hire a professional entertainer who'll happily lap up applause maybe ride round the pitch on a unicycle dressed as a clown...

We could get you out there in a monkey suit, you seem to be a barral of laughs....

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Nexus_Canary said:

We could get you out there in a monkey suit, you seem to be a barral of laughs....

Weird response but ok.

14 minutes ago, hogesar said:

The frustration is being caused by the 11 Professional Entertainers on the pitch.

35 minutes ago, Herman said:

This just popped up. Hambags!!!

Doesn't sit right with me a Norwich fan filming and uploading a scuffle involving their own when the consequences can be so grave. Not like they are beating up kids or old folk is it. 

Camera phones already wrecked gigs/nightclubs/raves, now got people begging for likes filming their fellow football fans as well. 

We've got a regime which would probably dish out a 3 game ban for doing a smelly fart, so watch was 'handbags' becomes an investigation and 5 year bans from Carrow Road.

Or, indeed, Bedfordshire Police wanting to make an example of a few Norwich fans and getting them football banning orders. Got to remember that it isn't Norfolk Constabulary's business when we're away from home. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Nope, Dean Smith does not need to parade around the ground after the final whistle to curry favours. But also ,on the other hand, he has made little to no effort to endear himself to the supporters and in fact “Fortunately our next game is away” seemed designed to deliberately alienate the fans. And then he feels he has nothing to apologise for and will not change his demeanour. A little less arrogance and a little more of a conciliatory attitude would perhaps ease the toxic atmosphere around him?  12 points out of a possible 39 in the last 13 matches is a record for which an apology may be overdue?

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Weird response but ok.

You post such drivel, what else did you expect? 

18 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Agree 🤡🤡🤡🤡🚴🏻‍♂️🚴🏻‍♂️🚴🏻‍♂️🚴🏻‍♂️

32 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Hopefully the worse is over now, I can’t see any likelihood of Smith being in charge on Friday. The worry however is who the f*** can sort out a club that is clearly in disarray. We don’t know how the players feel, wether they respected Smith or not. Can the players that have suffered abuse be turned around.
Only time will tell, but a worrying 6 weeks ahead I feel.

10 of these players are out of contract in 6 months time , including Pukki....so they wont care. Infact as of next week they can sign pre agreements with foreign based clubs

Unbelievably we handed the 11th a new contract a couple of weeks ago when he should have been at the top of the list to have got rid

Of the rest..what is their motivation to be promoted really?...knowing in all likihood we'd get battered every week again such is the club being totally not geared up to compete in the premier league

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

10 of these players are out of contract in 6 months time , including Pukki....so they wont care. Infact as of next week they can sign pre agreements with foreign based clubs

Unbelievably we handed the 11th a new contract a couple of weeks ago when he should have been at the top of the list to have got rid

Of the rest..what is their motivation to be promoted really?...knowing in all likihood we'd get battered every week again such is the club being totally not geared up to compete in the premier league

Change is coming.

Parma 

21 minutes ago, hogesar said:

He's always had relationships with previous clubs, hasn't wanted to be here since day 1 and spent his whole time here bitter that we're not Villa.

No one is saying we want Krusty the ****ing Clown entertaining us, but of course you already know that, but if a manager comes in and makes it as obvious he has that he's no interest in engaging with us, don't be surprised when fans aren't exactly happy to give you the same time or opportunity other managers might get.

Just now, Parma Ham's gone mouldy said:

Change is coming.

Parma 

The big concern is that NO change is coming and these poor performances will continue.