Bielsa is probably celebrating his home country World Cup win, and drinking a gallon o' Argentinian Mendoza Malbec from his upturned bucket seat....'hic'....

There's more chance of me replacing Teemu Pukki up top. And I'm a 42 y/o right wing-back.

He's also got no charisma... that seems to be a big factor with a lot of people these days... 

And he's 67... not that age is a big thing, but people seem to want a manager that can do another long stint like Farke... and whilst I am not saying he couldn't, as good old Hodgson has proven, I would say on the hole, people are after a young manager in the ilk of Parker, Martin or someone like Robins.

Edited by chicken

1 hour ago, Pyro Pete said:

Also, his salary at Leeds was £8million a year.

Judging by their Companies House filings, Leeds don't tend to spend more than we do on salaries when in the  Premier League maybe they spend it more wisely than us?

41 minutes ago, chicken said:

He's also got no charisma... that seems to be a big factor with a lot of people these days... 

And he's 67... not that age is a big thing, but people seem to want a manager that can do another long stint like Farke... and whilst I am not saying he couldn't, as good old Hodgson has proven, I would say on the hole, people are after a young manager in the ilk of Parker, Martin or someone like Robins.

Tell me.you don't understand Marcelo Bielsa without saying 'I don't understand Marcelo Bielsa'

2 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

Tell me.you don't understand Marcelo Bielsa without saying 'I don't understand Marcelo Bielsa'

I understand Bielsa, he's a good manager and he'd do well with this squad, no doubt. I'm just pointing out the criteria that other folks on this board have set and how he compares.

Folks seem to want another 5yr+ manager who can progress with us. One that has charisma (crouching on the touchline doesn't count).

Personally, I don't care. I'd take Bielsa if we could afford him. 

4 minutes ago, chicken said:

I understand Bielsa, he's a good manager and he'd do well with this squad, no doubt. I'm just pointing out the criteria that other folks on this board have set and how he compares.

Folks seem to want another 5yr+ manager who can progress with us. One that has charisma (crouching on the touchline doesn't count).

Personally, I don't care. I'd take Bielsa if we could afford him. 

He full of charisma and character.

He's more than a football manager.

And there's no chance he'll ever manage us.

Just now, CDMullins said:

He full of charisma and character.

He's more than a football manager.

And there's no chance he'll ever manage us.

Really? Most post game interviews he just seems to be grumpy and everything comes through his interpreter... He's not devoid of it, but he's no Farke either. If anything, he seems to shun the limelight, appears a bit awkward.

The Leeds fans liked Bielsa because he was like a grumpy old grandpa, with many strange habits that were endearing albeit unusual, but mainly because his teams were entertaining.

Anyone thinking he has the energy at 67 to do all that again at Norwich with our shower of ****e is living in cuckoo land. Much of his Leeds team had not played for the first team before his arrival, it takes time and energy to sift through a squad of players including youth teams - I just don't see he has that to offer still, or would want to.

21 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

This is just as unrelaistic as people saying that we should get Dyche. No chance.

Sorry man, just my opinion on this one, but I actually think dyche would come (Id likely be happy with that too, or as far as I feel he would.be best equipped to keep us up on a shoestring) but I feel SD would come here, a good gateway into the premier League and I can't see anyone going for him (the other jobs so far have past him by- like soton!)

Would you want him

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, essex canary said:

Judging by their Companies House filings, Leeds don't tend to spend more than we do on salaries when in the  Premier League maybe they spend it more wisely than us?

3 x Plachetas = 1 x Buendia.

It depended how thin and wide you go with your squad. 

It also depends how many (cheap) academy players you trust to be (say) players numbers 24-33.

Personally I would say that is both the point of the Academy, a necessary transparent pathway and a sensible risk of you have limited funds. 

We went deep and wide upon promotion and trades our weapons to do so. You don’t have to. 

It becomes a function of risk vs gain as always. I am not that old, though 14 players would have been considered plenty not too long ago. Football has changed, though if you are inferior in resources, that is the area where you could level the playing field somewhat. You can afford 14 decent players. 

You will need luck. Particularly with injuries. Though my calculation is that if you are notably financial inferior, you need that luck anyway. 

I would suggest that teams getting promoted and staying up either have fairly limited injuries, or any injuries they do have are not to weapons, key players or dressing room architects. 

My calculation would be that teams like Norwich will always need that luck almost whatever strategy they employ, so why not embrace it and pile into it strategically?

We did the opposite. It was just wrong. 

Parma 

Does that tessellate with your analysis of Year 1 survival for promotes sides @PurpleCanary ?

Or it might have been @Petriix 

Edited by Parma Ham's gone mouldy