So…..what has changed?

We still look nothing like a football team.

Still, at least the players have had a nice jolly in Florida…….

4 minutes ago, bringbackchippy said:

2 words. Dreadful. Lucky

Really is a disgrace that we don't go to a top half team and play them off the park and only get three points! 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1

Three points is what makes it so concerning……

It means this shower of shoite are closer to plying their atrocious brand of football in the PL next season.

Perish the thought!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, bringbackchippy said:

2 words. Dreadful. Lucky

Great away performance that has also annoyed you, a disgusting racist.

Sounds like an absolute win win to me.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Dreadful? Wow. We won 1-0 away at a strongly fancied Swansea who created hardly anything. I’ll take that any day of the week in any season.

But but Smiths not German and puts his hands in his pockets 😪

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, bringbackchippy said:

2 words. Dreadful. Lucky

Yep I thought once Peterborough equalised they would go on and win, scored the 2nd totally against the run of play.

8 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Yeah but...

2 words: Three. Points 

Yeah but….

2 words: Bigger picture

What has Dean Smith bought to Norwich that would give us any chance of PL survival? The absolute dross we see consistently would be torn apart by every PL club

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Great away performance that has also annoyed you, a disgusting racist.

Sounds like an absolute win win to me.

WTF is all that about??

2 minutes ago, Virtual reality said:

Yeah but….

What has Dean Smith bought to Norwich that would give us any chance of PL survival? The absolute dross we see consistently would be torn apart by every PL club

So you have us promoted already. Interesting. Maybe, just maybe, we ought to cross the PL bridge IF we get there. 

2 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

WTF is all that about??

I think the moderators ended up deleting his posts so I can't pull them up but I for one haven't forgotten, and I think anyone who saw his posts at the time also wouldn't have done.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

So you have us promoted already. Interesting. Maybe, just maybe, we ought to cross the PL bridge IF we get there. 

Surely that is what the actual desired endgame is here? Success at this level results in promotion……Considering we have been there with this manager and he was an absolute disaster, then maybe, we ought to be thinking about our approach if we return under him 

Edited by Virtual reality

11 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I think the moderators ended up deleting his posts so I can't pull them up but I for one haven't forgotten, and I think anyone who saw his posts at the time also wouldn't have done.

No, not forgotten, you’re spot on. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Virtual reality said:

Yeah but….

I dunno.  The ability to get a result whilst being outplayed? 🤔

3 minutes ago, Clever Farke said:

You think that will crossover into the quality of the PL?? How come he couldn’t do that last season then?

Edited by Virtual reality

4 minutes ago, Clever Farke said:

Outplayed?  Wow - are you muddling the Morocco game with ours? 

14 minutes ago, Virtual reality said:

Yeah but….

The bigger picture? I think we get to see that gradually - for me it's one result at a time. Like you I'm not enamoured by the performance level or the tactics or our 'identity'. But sometimes we have to wait and have a little patience. It's a task in many areas of life.

I also don't put 100% of the blame on one person - whether that is scapegoating a player or a manager. We are where are (4th) and even if I was watching us under DF playing like the way we are then I would feel the same. Castigating one person feels juvenile to me.

I'm not a particular fan of Gibson or Hanley in the team. I think both are average. But I still support them. I don't think the players we have are so much better than any number of other Championship teams. I disagree we have  a PL team in waiting.

It's a complex thing.... Getting a championship winning team has so many variables. For me, we are still in some weird transition. As for Smith, I'm ambivalent really. Then, I would have kept Farke.

I see flashes of good play VR and just remain hopeful that these will translate soon to something more constant.

I'm an older fan (getting towards 60 years of active support) and I've seen so much worse than what I'm seeing. So, given that you'll understand my 'big picture'. I just try and enjoy a result because I forget how it was achieved in time. Little things like new upcoming players, like new investment also make up a big picture. And I've not too much to complain about.

Sorry for long reply btw.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, sonyc said:

The bigger picture? I think we get to see that gradually - for me it's one result at a time. Like you I'm not enamoured by the performance level or the tactics or our 'identity'. But sometimes we have to wait and have a little patience. It's a task in many areas of life.

I also don't put 100% of the blame on one person - whether that is scapegoating a player or a manager. We are where are (4th) and even if I was watching us under DF playing like the way we are then I would feel the same. Castigating one person feels juvenile to me.

I'm not a particular fan of Gibson or Hanley in the team. I think both are average. But I still support them. I don't think the players we have are so much better than any number of other Championship teams. I disagree we have  a PL team in waiting.

It's a complex thing.... Getting a championship winning team has so many variables. For me, we are still in some weird transition. As for Smith, I'm ambivalent really. Then, I would have kept Farke.

I see flashes of good play VR and just remain hopeful that these will translate soon to something more constant.

I'm an older fan (getting towards 60 years of active support) and I've seen so much worse than what I'm seeing. So, given that you'll understand my 'big picture'. I just try and enjoy a result because I forget how it was achieved in time. Little things like new upcoming players, like new investment also make up a big picture. And I've not too much to complain about.

Sorry for long reply btw.

That’s fair enough. I’m very much of the opinion now that having been a yo yo club we really need to be seeing something to give us some hope of survival if we’re to be going up again. What we’ve seen consistently from Smith would have us finishing rock bottom again. Unfortunately we are at a point where if we can’t kick on at PL level, then any success at this level seems pointless. I also believe it was a massive mistake to sack Farke, But having done so it was an even bigger mistake to appoint a manager who’s such a polar opposite in approach 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Outplayed?  Wow - are you muddling the Morocco game with ours? 

Probably, was watching Morocco and listening to Norwich game. In fairness it didn’t sound like we were outplayed but dug in and sat on a 1-0 against a team that likes to keep the ball but didn’t create that much against us. 

1 minute ago, Clever Farke said:

Probably, was watching Morocco and listening to Norwich game. In fairness it didn’t sound like we were outplayed but dug in and sat on a 1-0 against a team that likes to keep the ball but didn’t create that much against us. 

I wouldn’t say we were outplayed but Swansea missed some big chances in that second half, and will feel that they should have come away with at least a point.