Sign in to follow this  
TeemuVanBasten

How old are you, what's your gender? (Anonymous poll)

How old are you? (Anonymous poll)  

109 members have voted

1. 1. How old are you?

• Under 18
    • 18-24
    • 25-34
    • 35-44
    • 45-54
    • 55-64
    • 65-74
    • 75 or over
  2. 2. What sex are you?

• Male
    • Female
    • Something Else

I know Nuff Said absolutely loves my threads so thought I'd treat him.

Inspired by recent comments from prominent Tory's that if they don't find young members soon they could be heading towards extinction in 10 years, due to the average age of their members and voters, I thought it be interesting to see whether the Pink'un forum is facing a similar fate.

Also, whilst we're at it, I was astonished recently to find out a poster I'd be arguing with was a female, as I'd assumed otherwise without good reason, so it would be interesting to see what the gender balance is too.

Well, I'm a bloke and as for age, I'm currently the answer to everything if you believe Douglas Adams.

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Guess we shall soon see if my 'this place is full of old retirees' prediction holds any truth..  😉

The boomer hasn't turned out yet, must be something good on daytime TV these days.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Well, I'm a bloke and as for age, I'm currently the answer to everything if you believe Douglas Adams.

I wish I was 42!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

TEST.png

Managed to answer the age question anyway by showing us all how much of a Gen Z snowflake he is 😉

• Haha 1

Completely random Dresden half-marathon finishing photo from this year. No kangaroos were harmed in preparing the shot. That was the after-run nutrition. 😉

DDMI1883-original.jpeg

29 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

The boomer hasn't turned out yet, must be something good on daytime TV these days.

They're just checking whether (c)Hunt has maintained the triple lock or not on the BBC autumn statement coverage!

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Managed to answer the age question anyway by showing us all how much of a Gen Z snowflake he is 😉

The fact that you're calling people on this thread Boomers and Gen Z snowflake shows you're just using age discrimination as a stick to beat City fans with.

Just now, Pyro Pete said:

The fact that you're calling people on this thread Boomers and Gen Z snowflake shows you're just using age discrimination as a stick to beat City fans with.

If you can't see any humour in those comments then I pity you.

Now bore off.

3 minutes ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

I'm not falling into this elephant trap.

Prone to falling over are you? I'll tick the over 75 box on your behalf.

On a serious note, I can't see who has voted for what.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Haha 2

Just to chuck a hand grenade in here, you've made the error that is at the heart of sizable culture war issue in that you've treated gender and sex as interchangeable... 

2 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

"I don't think you really understood the question"

6 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

I'm so offended by this poll that I'm not going to watch the World Cup now.

But but.. In a few days we get to watch England play in Quatar in a stadium build by slaves (many of whom died doing so) against Iran, a country being ran by a brutal religious dictatorship that is killing women for showing their hair! Dont you want to watch it? 🙃

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, king canary said:

Just to chuck a hand grenade in here, you've made the error that is at the heart of sizable culture war issue in that you've treated gender and sex as interchangeable... 

I'm on the same side as JK Rowling. 

Perhaps we can send the results of this survey to Attanasio's Analytics Team so they can enhance the learnings from baseball 🙃

14 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I'm on the same side as JK Rowling. 

The guitarist of Judas Priest? Rather obscure to care what he thinks. 

4 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I know Nuff Said absolutely loves my threads so thought I'd treat him.

Inspired by recent comments from prominent Tory's that if they don't find young members soon they could be heading towards extinction in 10 years, due to the average age of their members and voters, I thought it be interesting to see whether the Pink'un forum is facing a similar fate.

Also, whilst we're at it, I was astonished recently to find out a poster I'd be arguing with was a female, as I'd assumed otherwise without good reason, so it would be interesting to see what the gender balance is too.

To be fair to you, this is an interesting one, not that I expect a response given you're supposed to be ignoring me. 😉

Looking at the gender element, I'm quite struck that we've got more of a more fluid gender identity than actual women!

Edit: Actually, the poll says sex rather than gender, so the only other option should be hermaphrodite rather than something else.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

There’s no need for this poll, 99% on here are male and over 50 years old. 

Is that physically .....or mentally? 😔