Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Reason to be cheerful Weds

Finished work and the suns out! 😂👍💚💛 time to walk the hound.

It would be good to see one of our young keepers establish themselves in the first team for a change, it’s been a while since one has done that.

The last academy keeper to play for the first team was Declan Rudd I believe?

4 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

It would be good to see one of our young keepers establish themselves in the first team for a change, it’s been a while since one has done that.

Angus

I don’t really consider that as he left the academy at 15 to go to Man City didn’t he?

I meant a player who goes through the full system and all levels of the team

Good luck Caleb.

The most interesting thing for me was that Declan Rudd now seems to be coaching goalkeepers in the Academy - I'd missed that bit of news.

And also interesting to see that Caleb's self-appraisal doesn't include being good with his feet which seems to be indispensable for a modern goalie.  Maybe that's what he's referring to when he talks about things he has to work on.

Even though he turned his back on us for a bigger pay cheque? 

Him leaving has served as a lesson to our younger keepers that it’s not all about money hopefully as he’s never established himself anywhere, even here since his return tbh

We've got Angus, Angus in goal, I just don't think you understand, City's number one, Son of Byan Gunn, We've got Angus in goal.

IMG_20221116_160331.jpg.ae191ef3449a509299c0dacf72223ef8.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

Him leaving has served as a lesson to our younger keepers that it’s not all about money hopefully as he’s never established himself anywhere, even here since his return tbh

Clearly he is established as our no.1 choice, has been for several weeks. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Krul leaves in January if only to trim the wage bill.

We've got Angus...

Congratulations to Caleb, first steps and all that.

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

Angus

Indeed we got £250K when he went to Man City and then bought him back from Southamption for £5M.

4 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Indeed we got £250K when he went to Man City and then bought him back from Southamption for £5M.

You remind me of someone who knows the price of everything but the value of nothing..

Don't forget the 2017/18 loan fee🙃

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

After yesterday's good news about Adam Idah today we hear of a new keeper coming through the ranks.....

https://www.canaries.co.uk/content/caleb-ansen-signs-first-professional-contract-at-norwich-city

Good to see Greg Crane there too lovely bloke and I did not realise Declan Rudd was back working at the club. Nice to see us looking after the home grown boys. 

• Like 1

I don’t really consider that as he left the academy at 15 to go to Man City didn’t he?

I meant a player who goes through the full system and all levels of the team

He classes himself as one so I guess that’s all that matters. He’s also a city fan so he’s double invested in the club. Also he’s a really nice bloke. 

• Like 1

At 15 you're not going to Manchester City for the  megabux. You're leaving Coleney's portacabins for a custom built £200m youth facility and world class coaching. I'm sure they do pay their youngsters a bit more too but that's just a sweetner. 

• Like 1

Or because his dad got a job up north and so, as most 15 year old's would, effectively moved with him. 

We probably weren't on dad's xmas card list either... 😉

Edited by wr4sb

9 hours ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

Dan Barden played a couple whilst Krul and McGovern were out a couple of seasons ago.  Looked pretty good from what I recall.

Anybody know how how he is doing now since his diagnosis?  Is he still fighting it or has he had the all clear yet and is he playing anywhere?  Not heard him mentioned for a while.

9 hours ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

Didn't he move to Manchester because the family moved there?, I believe his Mum is from that neck of the woods and the family moved there , I think to further her career as an artist. I suppose they could have left their 15 year old son behind in Norwich........... 

17 hours ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

This performance from his dad will take some matching. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

A bit dodgy on the 1st goal but yeah a great performance.

A great game of football as well and what a goal from Flecky. Sigh, those were the days.

9 hours ago, Barham Blitz said:

Dan Barden played a couple whilst Krul and McGovern were out a couple of seasons ago.  Looked pretty good from what I recall.

Anybody know how how he is doing now since his diagnosis?  Is he still fighting it or has he had the all clear yet and is he playing anywhere?  Not heard him mentioned for a while.

Back playing for the U21s 👍💛💚

https://www.canaries.co.uk/match/2321487/lineups 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Didn't he move to Manchester because the family moved there?, I believe his Mum is from that neck of the woods and the family moved there , I think to further her career as an artist. I suppose they could have left their 15 year old son behind in Norwich........... 

Bryan's missus comes from Westhoughton, a south-western suburb of Bolton.

MONDAY PEOPLE WITH ANGELA KELLY: Susan Gunn — From beauty queen to international artist | Daily Echo

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Shorts were short back then

22 hours ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

Good to see Greg Crane there too lovely bloke and I did not realise Declan Rudd was back working at the club. Nice to see us looking after the home grown boys. 

I didn't realise he was back either but then this popped up an hour ago:

Edited by cornish sam
  • Thanks 1