A Load of Squit

*** The Official 2022 World Cup Thread ***

21 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Kane not scoring? Defenders looking wobbly? England in trouble? Henderson:

2u7l7u.png?a463920

One of those defensive midfielders you were complaining about pre kick off?

• Haha 1

Just now, hogesar said:

Good game management from England. Almost as if Southgate knows what he's doing.

He knows how to set up to beat an inferior team that's for sure.

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Bellingham joining Man City and linking up with Halland? Great, just what the Prem needs Halland scoring an extra goal every match to score four rather than three..

You really do jump to extremes don't you.

Just now, KeiranShikari said:

Seems a huge proportion of international managers including a long list of our recent ones aren't capable of it.

• Thanks 1

Should be a few Southgate critics chowing down on humble pie about now. Senegal might have been missing their best player and they certainly have had their moments here, but England's finishing has been excellent.

MOTM will be a challenge. Kane, Saka, Bellingham with great contributions from Rice and Henderson. An enjoyable watch from about 35 minutes on. Kane just has everything, he hardly ever gives the ball away.

There's enough attacking flair to trouble France but just have to hope the defence can have one of their best games.

5 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Should be a few Southgate critics chowing down on humble pie about now. Senegal might have been missing their best player and they certainly have had their moments here, but England's finishing has been excellent.

"We scored some tap ins against a team missing it's best players southgate is good"

Sorry but I will only agree with you if we beat France 😉

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

"We scored some tap ins against a team missing it's best players shhh southgate is amazing"

I'll only agree with you if we beat France 😉

Got his team selection spot on though, didn't he?

6 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Should be a few Southgate critics chowing down on humble pie about now. 

Should be, but a lot of people have already made up their minds. A lot of people just enjoy complaining, as we see so often on this forum.

Some will probably moan that we won, because had we lost, they'd have more things to complain about. 

3 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

I'm enjoying it immensely....

Although, It’d be a bit odd if we all did the same thing....

At least another week of ignoring the World Cup to go 😉

If indeed they are ignoring it.

23 hours ago, Canary Jedi said:

Tv just showed Messi’s stats of 789 goals in 1000 appearances.

Totally overrated. Less than a goal a game ratio, very one-footed, too short, doubt he’d get into our first 11

Yay, 1 person appreciates my sense of humour 😂

By the way, please can we have Senegal’s kit design as next seasons away kit?

Just now, Canary Jedi said:

Yay, 1 person appreciates my sense of humour 😂

By the way, please can we have Senegal’s kit design as next seasons away kit?

Not with them bleddy great numbers on the front!

25 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

Yet when I came on here during the Wales game and said England would beat Senegal easily, can’t remember if I said 3 / 4 - 0 I was shot down in flames with people saying Senegal would be tearing us apart.

Equal top points scorers

Top goal scorers 

If we keep a clean sheet will likely be least or equal least goals conceded after the last 16 games.

7 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

So Southgate actually told the team to stop turning back inside every time the ball got to the wing, and then pass back to the keeper?

Taking on the defender, cutting back across the face of the goal unlocks defaces, Holland showed that yesterday, England did today. 

But I'd give Southgate some credit for it if we didn't spend 30 minutes prior, doing the opposite of what we should be doing. 

(p.s Dean Smith take notice.... we've seen way too much fear of attacking a full back this season) 

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

At least another week of ignoring the World Cup to go 😉

If indeed they are ignoring it.

It's like those who ignore and are nonchalant about the FA Cup....

But if City got to a final, they'd be camped outside the ticket office....

1 minute ago, Well b back said:

Yet when I came on here during the Wales game and said England would beat Senegal easily, can’t remember if I said 3 / 4 - 0 I was shot down in flames with people saying Senegal would be tearing us apart.

Equal top points scorers

Top goal scorers 

If we keep a clean sheet will likely be least or equal least goals conceded after the last 16 games.

Don't forget no yellow cards as well.

1 minute ago, percy varco said:

Southgate has no intention of using Maddison in this World Cup. 
only took him to get the press off his back

He wasn't fit for the start and we've not really had a need for him yet.

• Like 1

Just now, Surfer said:

So Southgate actually told the team to stop turning back inside every time the ball got to the wing, and then pass back to the keeper?

Taking on the defender, cutting back across the face of the goal unlocks defaces, Holland showed that yesterday, England did today. 

But I'd give Southgate some credit for it if we didn't spend 30 minutes prior, doing the opposite of what we should be doing. 

(p.s Dean Smith take notice.... we've seen way too much fear of attacking a full back this season) 

Nothing wrong with mixing it up. Also nothing wrong with just keeping hold of the ball. Especially when the other team have countered you to some effect and created chances off the back of it, but haven't scored. Do the same thing every time, and teams wise up.

Same with the first half against Wales. It was dull, but it was exactly what was needed. See how they were planning to counter, and as it became clear that Bale was nowhere near sharp enough, start cranking up the pressure.

2 minutes ago, percy varco said:

Southgate has no intention of using Maddison in this World Cup. 
only took him to get the press off his back

Would you play an injured player ? Let’s face it Bellingham, Foden, Saka, Rashford and Grealish are all s***.

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

He wasn't fit for the start and we've not really had a need for him yet.

Let’s face it Southgate has nothing against ex Norwich players, that Harry Kane guy keeps getting picked.

• Haha 2