A Load of Squit

*** The Official 2022 World Cup Thread ***

Definitely a penalty, Saka is like a rabbit in headlights needs to come off for Rashford and we need a Maddison to unlock that defence, might think of taking Henderson off. I can’t believe how slow we are, it’s like watching Norwich!

17 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Honestly this ref. 

One of our midfield have to support Saka better. 

Never thought I would hear myself saying this but I would take Saka off and bring Grealish on as he is far more likely to get dangerous free kicks because of the way he plays and draws fouls. 

22 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I can't agree with those who say it was a foul on Saka, but the one on Kane definitely was. We haven't seen an angle which shows whether it was in the box or not, but that surely has to be the only reason VAR didn't call the ref over.

Just seen replay of Saka foul and yes it was a foul.

2 minutes ago, Indy said:

Definitely a penalty, Saka is like a rabbit in headlights needs to come off for Rashford and we need a Maddison to unlock that defence, might think of taking Henderson off. I can’t believe how slow we are, it’s like watching Norwich!

Henderson off and Madders on for me too. Henderson is too slow for this game, and looks likely to give the ball away at any moment.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I can't agree with those who say it was a foul on Saka, but the one on Kane definitely was. We haven't seen an angle which shows whether it was in the box or not, but that surely has to be the only reason VAR didn't call the ref over.

Kicked his leg away.. as clear a foul as you will ever see

1 minute ago, Hook's-Walk-Canary said:

Just seen replay of Saka foul and yes it was a foul.

If the boot was on the other foot, we'd be saying that contact was minimal and not enough to warrant a foul.

It's one of those where the French would say it's never a foul, but most of the English would. 

I think the ref has missed a couple of fouls on England players in the attacking third, but that was not one of them.

Just now, Well b back said:

Even the commentators are saying ‘ let’s not start any conspiracy theories ‘.

There was always going to be a FIFA backlash against England after all the pre tournament comments and the armband nonsense.

1 minute ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

If the boot was on the other foot, we'd be saying that contact was minimal and not enough to warrant a foul.

It's one of those where the French would say it's never a foul, but most of the English would. 

I think the ref has missed a couple of fouls on England players in the attacking third, but that was not one of them.

No he kicked his leg away as the replays clearly saw. VAR should pick that up as its the same passage of play. It's a clear and obvious foul. 

Just now, Keith Scott said:

We need James Maddison. We'll get Mason Mount. 'Southgate ball'.

All the best. Big Keith Scott.

It's funny because it's true.

2 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

And 100% penalty. And to thing VAR was suppose to eliminate these wrong decisions..it doesn't. Either that or corrupt.

Officially VAR said it was outside the box. It was a definite foul, I'm sure even the VAR recognised that which is why the check so long, and they were checking whether it was in or out. But we still haven't seen a replay that shows it one or way the other.

3 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

No he kicked his leg away as the replays clearly saw. VAR should pick that up as its the same passage of play. It's a clear and obvious foul. 

The Saka one? No, it was a bit of thigh on thigh and Saka went down in instalments. 

Kane had his legs taken away.

1 minute ago, Nuff Said said:

The “penalty” was also clearly outside the area.

That penalty was given because he knew he f***** up in the first half.