Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Coronation Sat 6th May

10 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

Last game of season, Blackpool at home. Is that going to be moved ?

Ffs, not more of this tripe 😂. Tbh as long as they make the decision early enough and it’s not moved to a time/day where I cannot have a drink then whatever. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Isn't the last game of the season always on a Sunday in the Championship? 

All fixtures listings can find say Sat 6/5

1 hour ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

In recent years, it has mostly been 12.30 on a Saturday. 

I believe the move is made during the season, so I expect it will happen. Though I am not sure if Sky will want all games moved to Sunday. Maybe stagger the KO's at 12.00. 3.00. and 6.00. - L1, CH and PL that is

2 hours ago, PockthorpePete said:

I believe the move is made during the season, so I expect it will happen. Though I am not sure if Sky will want all games moved to Sunday. Maybe stagger the KO's at 12.00. 3.00. and 6.00. - L1, CH and PL that is

Don't all games on the final day always KO at the same time so no advantage promotion/relegation wise can be gained?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LaUnionCanary said:

Don't all games on the final day always KO at the same time so no advantage promotion/relegation wise can be gained?

You've missed the point, which is the top three divisions will now have to move from Sat 6th. If that move is to Sunday 7th, then each division will most likely kick off at separate times, to maximise coverage. Nothing about separate times within each division.

Edited by PockthorpePete

2 hours ago, PockthorpePete said:

You've missed the point, which is the top three divisions will now have to move from Sat 6th. If that move is to Sunday 7th, then each division will most likely kick off at separate times, to maximise coverage. Nothing about separate times within each division.

The problem there is that the Premier League doesn't finish until May 28, and Sky/BT will still want their five games at five different kick off times over the course of the May 6/7 weekend. If you take Saturday out of the equation, it becomes difficult (although not impossible) to cram everything in.

Easy Solution. Just move the final weekend of the season to Qatar and play the games at 3am UK time. Job sorted.

• Haha 1

Charles’s coronation is expected to be on a smaller scale and shorter, with suggestions that it could last just one hour rather than over three.

30 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

We will be on the beach by May 6th 😉

But where will king Dean be crowned?

If the Coronation KOs at 11am then I don't see why a 3pm or 4pm KO for the Chump isn't possible. Only QPR are at home in London.

There'll probably be a rail strike anyway.

20 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

Isn't the last game of the season always on a Sunday in the Championship? 

Yep, with same K.O. times

I’ve never seen one before but just like buses it could be the first of two quite quickly. Looking forward to it and to see more awesome British history made.