Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Five wins in a row, top of the table..

Depending on what pub you go in the general thought is we will easily **** this league. The question is what happens next?

I have no doubt we will be promoted. I've seen nothing so far to think otherwise, but it just feels up down, up down, fade to repeat.

Edited by Capt. Pants

So, what is it with Smithy ?

I still can’t warm to him , dunno why , no reason not to but I just don’t feel the love for him .

Love the winning but …..

• Like 1

Just now, Mr Tea said:

I still can’t warm to him , dunno why , no reason not to but I just don’t feel the love for him .

Love the winning but …..

I've not taken to him and not taken against him. He is what he is and I'm enjoying the wins. Five in a row doesn't happen too often.

1 minute ago, Mr Tea said:

Love the winning but …..

Why is it important to you to love the manager, a good manager directs the love and praise when winning towards the players, the cult of personality around Farke was OTT and it made it difficult for pragmatists to discuss his flaws - like the significant number of players he would fall out with.

Did you not hear the Onel chants today? Brought to you by Dean Smith, Farke had discarded him.

3 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Yet according to some we have no identity, its all just hoofball, the coach is a fraud and our manager is clueless and should be sacked. After all, he drinks tea in a mug and puts his hands in his pockets 😂

Didn’t you want him out after Hull?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

Except Scott Parker

Politics in that one! Still there seems to be a bit more justification after a 9-0 defeat than after your first away win of the season😉

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Even Peter Grant could have done well with our squad. I said on another thread that we probably have the best one in the division so we were always going to be there or thereabouts. When you look at our first three subs, Coventry must have sighed. I can't think of one of their players who was anywhere near as good as ours. 

The only problem is, Peter Grant wouldn't have signed the players we did this summer... and arguably not the players we'd had previously on loan. Grant was a decent coach, but not a manager or head coach. We'd have signed substandard players like Brellier... 

31 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

We don't care. 

The Real Buh out.

If The Real Buh is indeed the real Buh, am I right in thinking that there is a poster called Buh? AND, if so surely HE is the real Buh, because he is just simply Buh, but The Real Buh has had to contend that he himself is the real Buh by prefixing his name with "The Real". Maybe Buh, who I suspect could really be the real Buh could come on here and clear this up.

Confused? I am now.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Why is it important to you to love the manager, a good manager directs the love and praise when winning towards the players, the cult of personality around Farke was OTT and it made it difficult for pragmatists to discuss his flaws - like the significant number of players he would fall out with.

Did you not hear the Onel chants today? Brought to you by Dean Smith, Farke had discarded him.

Yup, I do feel that if Dean Smith was named Deanio smitherkrautton many on here would be more positive towards him.

Seriously though, much as Farke did wonders in the Championship given what he was handed he did have many flaws that quite a few seem to ignore.

As you said, he was very quick to fall out with players and cast them aside. Leitner, Oliveria, Cantwell.. List goes on. He always made his substitutes too late and often times they made no sense and he clearly had no real plan B.

Nevermind Farkes biggest flaw- His awful, awful record in the top flight that is one of the worst top flight Premier Leauge manager records of all time. Yes, even worse than Smiths brief time in the Prem in charge of us 😉

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Do folk really worry about next season the first weekend in September? 

No, I don’t think they do - they ought to be more worried about their utility bills going up by 80% next month and a further 50% in January (170% increase in total vs what’s currently paid, come Jan).  I think we can worry about a prospective PL season once we get there.

Edited by Branston Pickle

42 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Exactly this. Farke was unique in some regards but there is absolutely no need to 'love' a manager, there is zero need for him to take adulation from fans and return it. He just needs to be a good manager.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

No, I don’t think they do - they ought to be more worried about their utility bills going up by 80% next month and a further 50% in January (170% increase in total come Jan)

What are the chances..

IMG_20220903_205503.jpg.b78ab9a2a9503941c39df1f5f5f420dc.jpg

2 hours ago, hogesar said:

Of course you can have that opinion but it's not what several said about Smith on here during pre season or after the first game or two. They said Smith would have us midtable.

He may well do yet. I’m expecting him to do better but there’s the small matter of 38 games still to play

Just now, ......and Smith must score. said:

After the last two PL experiences why not ?

Because we might not get promoted.

Because we might be dead.

Because Delia and Michael might have finally got us to hell in a handcart.

Because constantly finding negatives would turn us into miserable old gits (at least wait 'til Sunday)

Just now, nutty nigel said:

Because we might not get promoted.

Because we might be dead.

Because Delia and Michael might have finally got us to hell in a handcart.

Because constantly finding negatives would turn us into miserable old gits (at least wait 'til Sunday)

Why wait until Sunday ?

4 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Yet according to some we have no identity, its all just hoofball, the coach is a fraud and our manager is clueless and should be sacked. After all, he drinks tea in a mug and puts his hands in his pockets 😂

It's almost like the wizard has been reborn.🤣🤣

Even us Dean Smith dislikers can celebrate a good win(even at a wedding with free booze🤪).

Long live the new wizard aka CC.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

After the last two PL experiences why not ?

Dreadful what they have done to this season. Fans are openly weeping ''not another trophy season. Top of the table, winning so many games, open top bus...oh woes is us".  I shall grit my teeth and endure, robbed of anything to whine about.  Why can't we be more like Leeds (700,000 pop) or Cardiff (Tan)or even Sheff Weds and Derby (financial basket cases) ?

6 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

By the way Nutty on an aside I went into the Nelson after the match and your good self and none of the usual suspects were anywhere to be seen.

Has it been abandoned to the away fans ?

I was there after the Millwall game but usually go straight home. I think the away fans are the ones staying there. If you'd have said we would have popped in. We were happy though...

🙃

15 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Why wait until Sunday ?

To still enjoy the win until bedtime. 🌌😢

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

I was there after the Millwall game but usually go straight home. I think the away fans are the ones staying there. If you'd have said we would have popped in. We were happy though...

🙃

I went in after another game and it was all quiet. Has the invasion of the away fans put people off and have you all found another watering hole nearby ?