Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Has anyone tried moving their seat?

I popped into the club shop today to ask about moving seats. A new person is driving my friend to distraction and I don't think it will end well. 

The nice young lady in the shop told me that I could only move our seats on a game by game basis which doesn't sound right to me. Has anyone had any success in moving?  We don't really want to sit near someone who hasn't had a shower since Christmas and calls Josh Sargent a useless Trump ****.  

Edited by dylanisabaddog

Id ask Danny in the ticket office - hes always been helpful in the past when ive had issues. 

Im sure a pre-emptive move would be welcomed by all parties. 

3 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

We don't really want to sit near someone who hasn't had a shower since Christmas

I think you'll be ok @cambridgeshire canary doesn't attend matches. 😉 

• Sad 1

Think wherever you move there appears to be someone who can craze you

Have a couple of planks near me who shout

s**t s**t s**t you’re all ffffing useless 

Edited by daly

4 minutes ago, daly said:

Should we swap occasionally ? 😂

43 minutes ago, daly said:

That could be virtually anybody on here 🤣🤣🤣

Just now, Mr Angry said:

That could be virtually anybody on here 🤣🤣🤣

Although I'd be shouting " shoite, shoite, shoite"....and not be censored. Would I be reported though? 

7 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I popped into the club shop today to ask about moving seats. A new person is driving my friend to distraction and I don't think it will end well. 

The nice young lady in the shop told me that I could only move our seats on a game by game basis which doesn't sound right to me. Has anyone had any success in moving?  We don't really want to sit near someone who hasn't had a shower since Christmas and calls Josh Sargent a useless Trump ****.  

We had a similar thing when we sat in the South Stand. You can only move permanently during renewals (if someone has notified they are giving their seats up) or after renewals (when the remaining renewals/cancellations are confirmed).

We were desperate to move and we did it game by game for about 6 matches if I recall of the second half of the 18/19 championship season, out of trying probably 8 or 9 times. It was pretty easy, just needed to contact them about availability when they went on general sale.

Sometimes they had it, sometimes not, but it was a popular season in the second half as you can imagine. It was also interesting sitting in different areas too.

This was during the 18/19 season, so a few years, but not that long ago.

Then when renewals came round we managed to get permanently moved at the first time of asking (pretty easily and painlessly to be honest), but when all seats are confirmed, game by game it is I'm afraid.

Hope that helps.

Edited by Flying Dutchman

5 minutes ago, Flying Dutchman said:

We had a similar thing when we sat in the South Stand. You can only move permanently during renewals (of someone has notified they are giving their seats up) or after renewals (when the remainding renewals/cancellations are confirmed).

We were desperate to move and we did it game by game for about 6 matches if I recall of the second half of the 18/19 championship season, out of trying probably 8 or 9 times. It was pretty easy, just needed to contact them about availability when they went on general sale.

Sometimes they had it, sometimes not, but it was a popular season in the second half as you can imagine. It was also interesting sitting in different areas too.

This was during the 18/19 season, so a few years, but not that long ago.

Then when renewals came round we managed to get permanently moved at the first time of asking (pretty easily and painlessly to be honest), but when all seats are confirmed, game by game it is I'm afraid.

Hope that helps.

Thank you! 

1 hour ago, wcorkcanary said:

Although I'd be shouting " shoite, shoite, shoite"....and not be censored. Would I be reported though? 

Surely Corkio you'd have one of your staff shouting on your behalf...... ☺ 

Christ alive and there was me thinking I fit into my new seat and area well.

Thought I had made friends.

I was wearing lush products thanks so had been in the shower 

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Not at all, for starters,no one wants the riff raff getting in. Being a shouty cont is actually quite good fun, reminds me of shouting out eviction notices when we threw out the peasants from the tied cottages as they were more profitable as holiday homes. Some of them asked for 48 hrs notice 😊 Ungrateful bar stewards !! 

40 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Not at all, for starters,no one wants the riff raff getting in. Being a shouty cont is actually quite good fun, reminds me of shouting out eviction notices when we threw out the peasants from the tied cottages as they were more profitable as holiday homes. Some of them asked for 48 hrs notice 😊 Ungrateful bar stewards !! 

23 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

@wcorkcanary

Your reply was so good you said it twice. 

I said, your reply was soo good you said it twice! 

image.png.678fe8065e6921624add52b4b345d935.png

Aye lad!  I said ,  I said, Aye lad!!

3 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Should we swap occasionally ? 😂

26 minutes ago,  daly said: 

I'll happily admit there is nobody close by who crazes me in the Upper Barclay. Been in the same seats there with my sons since 2003/4 season & we have some lovely folk around us...

I’m lucky, like my seat and I’ve come accustomed to the man who used to berate Vrancic. That said my neighbour has vacated without saying cheerio which is a shame, he was a great hugger when we scored 😂

I guess the club could put ‘poir personal hygiene’ as a cat 1 or 2 offence 😂

The bloke behind us used to constantly shout “ bring on fu……ing Leitner “, even when he wasn’t in the squad

Edited by CANARYKING

My Match days experiences have been good which is mostly away days and even not been bothered by people standing as there always seemed to be another fan shouting them down. I do fear though having a seat next to some huge guy that takes up half my seat. Had that on a national express bus between Glasgow-London.

Edited by KiwiScot

Think the club should have a policy where you’re weighted before entry and obese are banned for 2 years 

Also have a smell test randomly carried out by Boots Staff especially on Pukka pie fans

Lastly a bladder questionnaire  and a 2 year ban for leaving your seat more than 4 times during the game

OTBC

Edited by daly

11 hours ago, daly said:

and a 2 year ban for leaving your seat more than 4 times during the game

Does that including standing for moments of excitement - no one whats those when visiting the gents! 😉   

I did try moving my seat at the Huddersfield match, but turns out it was screwed down.

Having someone stink near me is my worst nightmare. I guess the only option is to contact the club and notify them off the issue and ask if there is any way of notifying the occupant of that seat?

I work in retail and there has been an increase in the number of customers who stink - these people wear the exact same clothes every single day of every single year  - but I can't say or do anything to tell them during their 3+ visits to my shop every single day without fail. 50g of tobacco a day is obscene! No wonder they stink. I'm lucky that the seat next to me is my dad and he would straight up let someone know they stink - that honesty would come in handy for once!

37 minutes ago, andrew norwichcity said:

Having someone stink near me is my worst nightmare. I guess the only option is to contact the club and notify them off the issue and ask if there is any way of notifying the occupant of that seat?

I work in retail and there has been an increase in the number of customers who stink - these people wear the exact same clothes every single day of every single year  - but I can't say or do anything to tell them during their 3+ visits to my shop every single day without fail. 50g of tobacco a day is obscene! No wonder they stink. I'm lucky that the seat next to me is my dad and he would straight up let someone know they stink - that honesty would come in handy for once!

So you expect someone at the club to do something,  as it's their job,  that you won't do as part of your job.  

OK,  got it. 

46 minutes ago, andrew norwichcity said:

52 minutes ago, andrew norwichcity said:

I ‘ll have a word with Michael and Delia and make sure they shop elsewhere 

5 hours ago, andrew norwichcity said:

50g in a day!  I doubt they'll be a customer for much longer......