KeiranShikari

If losing the next 2 guaranteed 'Deano's' departure.....

1 minute ago, Samwam27 said:

I love that people are slagging off Ramsey for blazing one over the bar in ONE game!!! FFS how many times has Mclean blazed it over the bar and even missed the moon!

Give Ramsey a chance. At least he's looked livelier than Rashica. And I love it that Nunez looks quality, but that can't have had anything to do with Smith either. How do you know he wasn't recommended by Smith 

And I love that people say neither Smith or Shakey wanted to be here. Again, where's the evidence from podcast or interview.Oh that's right, you know cuz you asked him outright and he admitted he never wanted to be here but Norwich are just happy to pay his wages.

It's all about opinions but some on here as the delusional as the rest of us! 

Imagine supporting A guy like Smith 😂

1 minute ago, Crafty Canary said:

This thread reads very much like the ones about Farke in his first season with us and indeed the start of the next three seasons. 

Cope harder

Farke had a direction, was trying to do something.

Dean Smith has a clear track record of failure. When he’s sacked from Norwich nobody is going to give him a job.

1 minute ago, The Real Buh said:

Imagine supporting A guy like Smith 😂

I'm not saying Smith is the answer. This next week will really tell if he can get Norwich clicking or not, and if not, then I'm heading towards the Smith out camp, but he needs to be given games for his players to bed in, the team to gel before judging him, in exactly the same we Farke was given

If results don't improve over the next few games then he's only got himself to blame

10 minutes ago, 1902 said:

The director of football has the final say. 

Signings are Webber's responsibility, Smith can suggest who he wants but he isn't the one whose job it is to get it right.

He is responsible for training, selection, match tactics which are well below par and which he is clearly not getting right at the moment.

Moron.

No...keep up

We were specifically discusing a player who missed an open goal from 4 yrds out...i.e Ramsey

Smith himself said after signing him and describing his attributes "thats why I brought him here"

..and here you are telling people to 'read up on what a sporting director does' ...

Ramsey is here because of Smith. Nobody else

1 minute ago, Samwam27 said:

I'm not saying Smith is the answer. This next week will really tell if he can get Norwich clicking or not, and if not, then I'm heading towards the Smith out camp, but he needs to be given games for his players to bed in, the team to gel before judging him, in exactly the same we Farke was given

If results don't improve over the next few games then he's only got himself to blame

Brinkmanship at its finest.

It’s not even about results for me at this point. Smith is a s41t manager and I want him out straight away. I can’t stand to see that podgey nobody on the sidelines with his hands in his pockets anymore.

2 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

No...keep up

We were specifically discusing a player who missed an open goal from 4 yrds out...i.e Ramsey

Smith himself said after signing him and describing his attributes "thats why I brought him here"

..and here you are telling people to 'read up on what a sporting director does' ...

Ramsey is a desperation signing from a manager who knows he’s lost the dressing room.

• Like 1

Just now, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

No...keep up

Who's responsibility is recruitment in our set up? Answer that. 

Bash a man for what he is actually in charge of. Not whatever stick you find closest.

4 minutes ago, 1902 said:

Who's responsibility is recruitment in our set up? Answer that. 

Bash a man for what he is actually in charge of. Not whatever stick you find closest.

Eh?

So you're saying Rsmsey isnt here on Smith's recommendation but someone elses??

14 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Eh?

So you're saying Rsmsey isnt here on Smith's recommendation but someone elses??

I said it doesn't matter.

Smith was hired as a head coach, his responsibilities are getting the squad he is given playing well (which they aren't). He can suggest what he likes but Webber is the decision maker on transfers.

Webber is responsible for assembling the squad.  He decides if a player is right for Norwich and it's his job to filter the recommendations of his scouts, his development team, his coaches and the head coach and decide which are good ideas and which are bad. 

When are tactics are crap or the team looks disjointed, I blame Smith. If our tactics are good, Smith gets the credit.

When Webber signs a Buendia or (hopefully) a Nunez, he gets the credit. He is also responsible for players such as Rashica and (based on one performance) Ramsey who weren't worth it and should cop flack for that.

Edited by 1902

1 hour ago, pete said:

How the Clappers seem to love this thread.  We all know who you are and now deluded you are.  The ones on here are either named after pigs, birds or insects.  Look forward to your fanciful posts in support of your hero on Tuesday.  A must win I suggest for yourselves however I can see 1-0 defeat, Hudd score and set up shop point against league fav's job done.  Jordan to score winner.

A perfect display of how little you bile mongers read and understand. Who has described Smith as a hero? Personally I'm neither pro nor against Smith. I'm pro using one's rational capacity and giving the man a chance (which is going to happen irrespective of what you Smith haters wish). If we had been outplayed in the three games I would indeed be very worried, but the reality is we haven't, indeed the evidence is to the contrary, we have dominated those games (in particular Wigan and Hull). But for  a couple of gross blunders and contrived misses in front of goal we could easily have 7 points on the board. A rational response to defeat in such circumstances is to give the manager and team the opportunity to turn that domination into wins. How little people have learnt from the early months of Farke's reign.

9 hours ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

Strange how fans of Walsall, Brentford and Villa think he's an excellent manager 🤔 

Not really, most Newcastle (and Brighton) fans thought that Chris Hughton was an excellent manager and were shocked when he was sacked with them in the top half of the Prem, but strangely most Norwich fans seem to have a completely different impression.

As @mrdi has already said "Different clubs at different times, in different contexts and with different expectations. ".

4 hours ago, wheres my rebate gone? said:

Hahahahahaha, what a pathetic response, are you about 5? It appears you’ve been out witted by a man with 2 brain cells!!! Says a lot about you,  now your original point about a “young” Grealish has been blown out the water and you’ve nothing else to grasp onto you come up with that drivel!!

Smith became manager in 2018, Grealish had just turned 23; obviously he stopped developing at that ancient age. You are simply too thick to bother engaging with any further.

9 hours ago, Samwam27 said:

Having watched the highlights, I really can't see how you can blame Smith. It was all Norwich, and we had chance after chance, which the stats back up.

We were so comfortable until Aarons, decided to do what he did. That's not Smiths fault. The gaffer sets up the players and its up to the players. We had so many chances, especially Ramsey's glaring miss.

On another day we win that game comfortably. I think with so many injuries Smith is still trying to find his best team, and again it's not his fault. 3 injuries to LB's in 3 games, you can't blame him for. IF, and I say IF, Sara & Hayden come good and give us the protection in midfield, we likely to see better results. Nunez looks a real find, and Ramsey looks lively. Gibbs look a positive alternative as well

If we can't cut out the crazy individual defensive errors every single game Norwich will be in games, but it's our defence that are putting us under so much opressure. I'm still not convinced by Sargent or Rash, and just feel the latter should be sold pdq, and whatever we can re-coup, then again re-strengthen.

Yes results matter, and yes we're bottom. I'm not saying we should keep Smith, but we're not far off clicking, which was the same in Farke's early days  

Can you tell that by watching edit highlights we ok or is there much more missing than what you did not see 

1 hour ago, Samwam27 said:

I love that people are slagging off Ramsey for blazing one over the bar in ONE game!!! FFS how many times has Mclean blazed it over the bar and even missed the moon!

Give Ramsey a chance. At least he's looked livelier than Rashica. And I love it that Nunez looks quality, but that can't have had anything to do with Smith either. How do you know he wasn't recommended by Smith 

And I love that people say neither Smith or Shakey wanted to be here. Again, where's the evidence from podcast or interview.Oh that's right, you know cuz you asked him outright and he admitted he never wanted to be here but Norwich are just happy to pay his wages.

It's all about opinions but some on here as the delusional as the rest of us! 

Im not the biggest  fan of Smith but I do hope the young player Ramsey do well - its in all our benefit and city if he does,

17 hours ago, KeiranShikari said:

Would you take the losses? I'm starting to think I would. 

Dunno, two convincing wins and Pukki looking more lively and people might start softening their stance.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wheres my rebate gone? said:

Hahahahahaha, what a pathetic response, are you about 5? It appears you’ve been out witted by a man with 2 brain cells!!! Says a lot about you,  now your original point about a “young” Grealish has been blown out the water and you’ve nothing else to grasp onto you come up with that drivel!!

Here is my "original point":

"It's absurd to claim "Smith has shown absolutely no ability to improve a player during his tenure here". You don't have the slightest evidence to make such a claim. While he has been here we have seen Springett, Rowe, and Gibbs make impressive debuts, and Omobamidele establish himself as a first team player."

So, you are clearly lying that I said "young". Your desperate need to lie in order to distract from the stupidity of your claims is sadly all too obvious.

Secondly, Smith arrived at Villa shortly after Grealish's 23rd birthday.  Grealish would no doubt be indebted to you to learn that he is entirely mistaken to credit Smith with being a major influence on his footballing development  Clearly no footballer has developed their talents after reaching such an ancient age.

Bye, bye thicko! I really can't be bothered to indulge your idiocy any longer.

(BTW It really isn't a good look when you can't even manage to put a required apostrophe in your actual site name)

To those defending Smith on the basis of it being the players errors; why bother with a manager/head coach at all?? If he isn’t supposed to be responsible for what happens on the pitch I don’t see why we pay anyone to do that role.🙄

1 hour ago, 1902 said:

I said it doesn't matter.

Smith was hired as a head coach, his responsibilities are getting the squad he is given playing well (which they aren't). He can suggest what he likes but Webber is the decision maker on transfers.

Webber is responsible for assembling the squad.  He decides if a player is right for Norwich and it's his job to filter the recommendations of his scouts, his development team, his coaches and the head coach and decide which are good ideas and which are bad. 

When are tactics are crap or the team looks disjointed, I blame Smith. If our tactics are good, Smith gets the credit.

When Webber signs a Buendia or (hopefully) a Nunez, he gets the credit. He is also responsible for players such as Rashica and (based on one performance) Ramsey who weren't worth it and should cop flack for that.

Transfers are under committee apparently so while Webber is overall control and makes final decisions, the idea our managers have no say isn’t entirely true. Pretty sure reports suggest Farke was involved with last year’s business and wanted the players we got.

You only have to listen to what’s been said this year. Both Hayden and Ramsey said Smith contacted them. The way Smith talks about transfers is much more like he’s involved than previous comments, particularly those two.

Its not like Webber is going to dismiss Smiths suggestions out of hand because they aren’t his.

Dont see the issue with Smith bringing in a couple of his own suggestions.

7 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

Transfers are under committee apparently so while Webber is overall control and makes final decisions, the idea our managers have no say isn’t entirely true. Pretty sure reports suggest Farke was involved with last year’s business and wanted the players we got.

You only have to listen to what’s been said this year. Both Hayden and Ramsey said Smith contacted them. The way Smith talks about transfers is much more like he’s involved than previous comments, particularly those two.

Its not like Webber is going to dismiss Smiths suggestions out of hand because they aren’t his.

It’s all about denial that this is “his team”

27 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

It’s all about denial that this is “his team”

Yeah. Cos it's not. 

Not that that has any bearing on whether I think he should be fired or not.

2 minutes ago, 1902 said:

Yeah. Cos it's not. 

Not that that has any bearing on whether I think he should be fired or not.

The excuses keep piling in lol!!!😂😂

35 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

My point is that there's a division of responsibilities. Webber is the one who decides on transfers ultimately. It's been very clear from the beginning that he takes suggestions and balances them out. Having having a say is not the same as that being what we should judge him on.

Crap transfers are down to Webber. Smith shouldn't be judged for them. He should be judged on us looking toothless with a squad that should be scoring.

Just now, The Real Buh said:

The excuses keep piling in lol!!!😂😂

Whatever Buh. You have never even asked if I actually want Smith to stay or not.

Just now, 1902 said:

Whatever Buh. You have never even asked if I actually want Smith to stay or not.

You either don’t want him here or you are playing the odds giving it the “I never said I backed him I back there data”😂

I can’t find anyone who overtly backs him. Not one person brave enough.

telling

Just now, The Real Buh said:

You either don’t want him here or you are playing the odds giving it the “I never said I backed him I back there data”😂

I can’t find anyone who overtly backs him. Not one person brave enough.

telling

When have I brought up data?

We haven't looked like winning since he has been in charge and he is a massive step down from Farke. I see no reason for him to be Norwich manager.

Reasons I don't accept for him being sacked:

1. His transfers are bad (cos that's on Webber)

2. He is a midlander

3. He drinks tea out of a mug

4. He is podgy

Reasons I do understand:

1. We dont win football matches with a squad that's good enough to win them.

I don't think he is being sacked after 3 games and calling for it every 5 seconds on a message board feels ludicrous to me. Tbh, he will go if we dont start getting serious points and I will happily see him go. However if he wins 15 on the trot then obviously I'm not going to continue to think that he isn't the man for us. If that's what you mean by hiding behind data. Sure. I'm hiding.

Just now, 1902 said:

When have I brought up data?

We haven't looked like winning since he has been in charge and he is a massive step down from Farke. I see no reason for him to be Norwich manager.

Reasons I don't accept for him being sacked:

1. His transfers are bad (cos that's on Webber)

2. He is a midlander

3. He drinks tea out of a mug

4. He is podgy

Reasons I do understand:

1. We dont win football matches with a squad that's good enough to win them.

I don't think he is being sacked after 3 games and calling for it every 5 seconds on a message board feels ludicrous to me. Tbh, he will go if we dont start getting serious points and I will happily see him go. However if he wins 15 on the trot then obviously I'm not going to continue to think that he isn't the man for us. If that's what you mean by hiding behind data. Sure. I'm hiding.

Post reads like you aren’t backing him, just kinda backing him. I think you know what’s going to happen.

Get mad but you know I’m right about him. He’s a loser.

15 minutes ago, 1902 said:

My point is that there's a division of responsibilities. Webber is the one who decides on transfers ultimately. It's been very clear from the beginning that he takes suggestions and balances them out. Having having a say is not the same as that being what we should judge him on.

Crap transfers are down to Webber. Smith shouldn't be judged for them. He should be judged on us looking toothless with a squad that should be scoring.

Can you tell us with your apparant inside knowledge what the processes were that bought Aaron Ramsey to the club?

1 minute ago, The Real Buh said:

Post reads like you aren’t backing him, just kinda backing him. I think you know what’s going to happen.

Get mad but you know I’m right about him. He’s a loser.

Cool Buh. 

Once again, you win at the great game of having an opinion and saying it in the most extreme way possible on the internet.

I can’t say I’m impressed with Smith but there’s no way I ever want City to lose any game. I want the next 43 games to be all wins! I still would like to see a better fit for manager. If he turns it around credit to him, do I think he can, not so confident, I don’t think the players are fully committed to him. We shall see come Tuesday but a win would be a relief! 

• Like 2