KeiranShikari

If losing the next 2 guaranteed 'Deano's' departure.....

Just now, mrdi said:

Something tells me Ramseyโ€™s career trajectory is going to be somewhat different to Kaneโ€™s.ย 

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ itโ€™s pure desperation when they reach for the Harry Kane loan ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Just now, mrdi said:

Something tells me Ramseyโ€™s career trajectory is going to be somewhat different to Kaneโ€™s.ย 

Perhaps you should offer your services as a club scout. You clearly have an eye far superior to our current staff.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, horsefly said:

Of course, all Smith's fault that Aarons blundered and Ramsey managed to sky over from 4 yards. Smith's fault too that Gibson blundered and the ref failed to award a nailed on penalty.

I think inย one off incidents of course you can blame the individual; itโ€™s outside of the coaching staffโ€™s power. But when various individuals areย making howlers each game (also see the Birmingham first goal, Sorensen getting pick pocketed against Wigan which easily couldโ€™ve been a goal and McLean gifting the ball to Hull just outside of our 18 yard box in the second half yesterday) it feels like there could be a bit more to it.

Isย the concentrationย / mentality at the levelย we need right now and if not then why not? Thatโ€™s clearlyย part ofย the coachโ€™s remit.

Were these players making goal-conceding errors like this in 18/19 and 20/21 with anything like the regularity they have beenย so far this season? I think the answer is a resounding โ€˜noโ€™, and thatโ€™s not to sayย plenty of mistakes were not made.

I am also concerned about howย this start may impact our already very fragile squad mentally though, you can visibly see the impact a goal against us still has. We seem to go into our shells somewhat. It was poor to see it happenย in the prem every time but if weโ€™re going to carry on with the trait this season (which we already appear to be doing) it is another worrying sign.

Of course 3 games is still a small sample size but we really need to get back up the table with usย our next couple of home games, if weโ€™re going to keep throwing aย goal away in every game we play whilst struggling to convert at the other end then that certainly wonโ€™t happen. And weโ€™ve not even played a good side yet!ย 

5 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

If any of those club's mentioned aboveย had Deano at the helm with only one league win since January....Do you think those fans would be singing his praises?.....ย 

Interestingly, Villa fans continued to sing his praises to the end.

13 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Remind me what Harry Kane's loan record was with us.

He blazed the ball over the bar from 4 yds and an open goal

Ok he's young...but why are we even experimentingย someone elses academy player in that position in the first place instead of someone who can actually put the ball in the net from that distance?

5 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Perhaps you should offer your services as a club scout. You clearly have an eye far superior to our current staff.

If theyโ€™re the same ones who โ€˜scoutedโ€™ Lees-Melou, Sargent & Rashica, I might have a shout. Thanks for the endorsement!ย 

Edited by mrdi

3 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Interestingly, Villa fans continued to sing his praises to the end.

Shame Deano's not from Dereham....

1 hour ago, horsefly said:

You believe Aarons lacks confidence do you?ย I suspect he would be the first to own up that his error hadย absolutely nothing to with lack of confidence nor anything to do with the manager. Likewise Ramsey's miss, do you really think he went back into the dressing room thinking, "that was all Smith's fault, he makes me feel so unconfident"? Get real ffs! It's absurd to claim "Smith has shown absolutely no ability to improve a player during his tenure here". You don't have the slightest evidence to make such a claim. While he has been here we have seen Springett, Rowe, and Gibbs make impressive debuts, and Omobamidele establish himself as a first team player.

You're being a bit overzealous with your claims but fundamentally it's Smith's job to man manage. To get players playing well. It's hard to pick any of our lot at the moment and say they've played well in all 3 games this season because, in reality, nobody really has.ย 

Omo was already breaking through under Farke, and Springett, Rowe, Gibbs, Tomkinson have only just had debuts so it's hard to say he has improved them yet. I'm talking more about the squad as a whole and so far the issues from last season still seem abundantly present. Hopefully these new signings can change that but we'll see

1 minute ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Ok he's young...but why are we even experimentingย someone elses academy player in that position in the first place instead of someone who can actually put the ball in the net from that distance?

First, Ramsey made an excellent run to be in precisely the right position. I suspect even he will be at a complete loss to explain how he managed to clear the bar. Secondly, he had another effort cleared off the line. Are you seriously claiming that you know with certainty that had Sinani came on instead he would have scored? I think you will find that's not how football works.

3 minutes ago, mrdi said:

If theyโ€™re the same ones who โ€˜scoutedโ€™ Lees-Melou, Sargent & Rashica, I might have a shout. Thanks for the endorsement!ย 

More than welcome. Make sure you copy in your Pinkun posts on your application form, they'll be mightily impressed.

1 minute ago, horsefly said:

First, Ramsey made an excellent run to be in precisely the right position. I suspect even he will be at a complete loss to explain how he managed to clear the bar. Secondly, he had another effort cleared off the line. Are you seriously claiming that you know with certainty that had Sinani came on instead he would have scored? I think you will find that's not how football works.

I'll back a player with a better track record than 1 goal and 1 assist at League One Cheltenham toย have had a better chance of scoring,ย  thankyou, yes

4 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Nothing mysterious there...he's a Villa fan..of course they will

Try reading what they say about him.

Notice how the Smith supporters arenโ€™t reeeeeealy supporting him.

lots of dancing around it and brinkmanship

Ready to abandon him. In that departure lounge baby!!! Lots of โ€œwhat about Farjes first seasonโ€ and โ€œHarry Kane was crap tooโ€ ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ no actual defence of their chubby little loser

10 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

They don'tย actually particularly mourn Smith's departure. It's a bit of a fallacy that they do and based upon the fact that he's a Villain to the core and had them promoted from the Chumps, eventually. They love their own in the second city,ย why shouldn't they?

Many of the discerning doubted his capabilities as a Premier League manager, and Brum City supporters in particularย were disappointed when Villa got rid.

Unfortunately, our desperate commander in chief thought that he was a Premier League manager, despite the fact that he had Walsall F.C. written all over his cv.

Edited by BroadstairsR

1 minute ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

I'll back a player with a better track record than 1 goal and 1 assist at League One Cheltenham toย have had a better chance of scoring,ย  thankyou, yes

And yet, Ramsey should have scored one and had another cleared off the line, hardly what you would call a poor substitution. Sinani came on against Wigan and produced nothing. That's how the game goes.

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ The desperation reeeeeeks ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜…

1 minute ago, horsefly said:

And yet, Ramsey should have scored one and had another cleared off the line, hardly what you would call a poor substitution. Sinani came on against Wigan and produced nothing. That's how the game goes.

'Should have' but didn't....and that's the difference

Thats how the game goes

Just now, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

'Should have' but didn't....and that's the difference

Thats how the game goes

And Sinani against Wigan just "didn't".ย 

37 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

Having watched the highlights, I really can't see how you can blame Smith. It was all Norwich, and we had chance after chance, which the stats back up.

It's the efficiency and direction where the problem lays and that falls at his feet.ย  We were at full desperation by end of the game, and then Smith comes out and saying there's no panic - it's terribly inconsistent.

On top of that he chooses to play certain favoured players and not merited performers.ย  ย How anyone would start Rashica and leave the likes of Onel or Sinani out is beyond me.ย  ย We could've had Onel running at their backline from the start yesterday.

Yes we had chance after chance at certain points,ย  but It's like watching someone hacking aย steak to pieces how he coaches this team.ย  We need a master of the knife to make those precise cuts.

I get that he's giving these players the freedom to grow, but if we don't get that player who advances - as Grealish did - then what's left is a very basic platform that he's building, and far too much put to chance.

More than welcome. Make sure you copy in your Pinkun posts on your application form, they'll be mightily impressed.

For someone who clearly takes themselves so seriously, you donโ€™t half drive downย some nonsensical cul-de-sacs.ย 

Just now, mrdi said:

For someone who clearly takes themselves so seriously, you donโ€™t half drive downย some nonsensical cul-de-sacs.ย 

He needs to go back to non-football this is embarrassing now

I'd like to think that our board are seeing that Smith is the worst appointment this club has made since Brian Gunn.ย 

With farke we could at least see the plan with Smith I don't think anyone knows what he's up to.

I feel for Smith as he was fired by the club he loves and rebounded with us. Of course his heart and soul is not in this job as it's with Aston villa.

We need a change as the relegation still sits sour in our mouths and it's Smith's fault.

As another poster has said Smith has no credit with us and nothing to rest on.

He should have been fired when we were numerically down, the board should have given him a very short contract with a clause if we went down. They probably didn't but the reality is we need to fire him now , cut our losses in and bring in a young and hungry managerย 

We got farke and wee baldy so we know they are out there. They are probably on a short list and I accept the club panicked and bought smith in after firing farke.

But like any rebound you appologise to them and send them packing.

ย 

• Like 1

And Sinani against Wigan just "didn't".ย 

If by 'didnt' you mean he didnt sky one over the bar from an open goal from 4 yds out...then no you're right.

He did score against Birmingham in midweek though

29 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Hardly relevant, people didn't keep praising Cantwell when he wasn't playing well just because he was local. In fact, he got tons of personal abuse from our fans on social media...

16 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

It's the efficiency and direction where the problem lays and that falls at his feet.ย  We were at full desperation by end of the game, and then Smith comes out and saying there's no panic - it's terribly inconsistent.

On top of that he chooses to play certain favoured players and not merited performers.ย  ย How anyone would start Rashica and leave the likes of Onel or Sinani out is beyond me.ย  ย We could've had Onel running at their backline from the start yesterday.

Yes we had chance after chance at certain points,ย  but It's like watching someone hacking aย steak to pieces how he coaches this team.ย  We need a master of the knife to make those precise cuts.

I get that he's giving these players the freedom to grow, but if we don't get that player who advances - as Grealish did - then what's left is a very basic platform that he's building, and far too much put to chance.

But Onel was hugely wasteful against Birmingham midweek, he didn't do nearly enough to get a start. Sinani had more of a shout, mind.

ย 

4 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

I'd like to think that our board are seeing that Smith is the worst appointment this club has made since Brian Gunn.ย 

With farke we could at least see the plan with Smith I don't think anyone knows what he's up to.

I feel for Smith as he was fired by the club he loves and rebounded with us. Of course his heart and soul is not in this job as it's with Aston villa.

We need a change as the relegation still sits sour in our mouths and it's Smith's fault.

As another poster has said Smith has no credit with us and nothing to rest on.

He should have been fired when we were numerically down, the board should have given him a very short contract with a clause if we went down. They probably didn't but the reality is we need to fire him now , cut our losses in and bring in a young and hungry managerย 

We got farke and wee baldy so we know they are out there. They are probably on a short list and I accept the club panicked and bought smith in after firing farke.

But like any rebound you appologise to them and send them packing.

ย 

Dint know if he'd be the answer or not but can you imagine the enthusiasm and hunger Paul Warne would bring to the job , everything Smith isnt

Neither he or Shakespeare really ever wanted to be here and that exudes to the players

We needed a manager and they wereย sacked at the same time ...it was just a marriage of convenience as we were thrown together

Would still love to know who Webber had in mind the day he sacked Farke?

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Hardly relevant, people didn't keep praising Cantwell when he wasn't playing well just because he was local. In fact, he got tons of personal abuse from our fans on social media...

Firstly Cantwell messed us about over a long period...secondly he isnt actually a norwich fan

35 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Probably because atย least he got in the position to score. Honestly Ramsey had the two best chances of the match yesterday and yes he should have scored the first and was unlucky with the second but the fact he looked the most likely to scoreย in his cameoย is an indictment of the rest of them.