Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Smith speaks

Interesting that his first response is to criticise Dimi for not putting in Sargent - he really doesn't rate Giannoulis, does he?  Last season, Giannoulis makes a mistake and he ends up on the bench for game after game. But not a word about how useless Rashica and Sargent were. 

5 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

Interesting that his first response is to criticise Dimi for not putting in Sargent - he really doesn't rate Giannoulis, does he?  Last season, Giannoulis makes a mistake and he ends up on the bench for game after game. But not a word about how useless Rashica and Sargent were. 

Yep said this in my own thread about dimi.

15 minutes ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

Let's see what his midfield of Sara, Hayden and Nunez will bring before we get the pitch forks out!

They're not 'his' midfield, they are the club's midfield. He is a DoF, not a traditional English manager who chooses players.

He may be lucky, and they may transform the club. He does seem to be one of Napoleon's lucky generals. But he needs those players to be capable of transforming the club, because nothing he has done here so far suggests he is personally capable of it.

19 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

To be fair, don't know if it's in the above interview as haven't watched but he said the same about McCallum to Onel. They were very basic, simple balls that they got horribly wrong.

6 minutes ago, hogesar said:

To be fair, don't know if it's in the above interview as haven't watched but he said the same about McCallum to Onel. They were very basic, simple balls that they got horribly wrong.

No - that goes against the narrative that he picks unnecessarily on Dimi, so can’t possibly be true. 

• Haha 2

To be fair this is all his inherited team, once his new signings are in there if the results are the same then yes we can hold him to account 

2 minutes ago, AJ said:

To be fair this is all his inherited team, once his new signings are in there if the results are the same then yes we can hold him to account 

To repeat myself, they are not 'his' signings. He is working under a DoF, he is not a traditional English manager, and he knew that when he took the job.

Edited by canarybubbles

30 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

Spot on.

Apart from it wasn’t the first thing he said, he  said the same about his replacement McCallum and he picked Dimi to start. If you’re going to make stuff up, try harder.

Really not sure of Smith - Be nice to see some passion - showing annoyance of the game- not a passive we were unlucky etc

Just now, canarybubbles said:

To repeat myself, they are not 'his' signings. He is working under a DoF, he is not a traditional English manager, and he knew that when he took the job.

I know, but you can't say that the managers aren't consulted on the signings because they are. Yes he might not directly pick the players but he will have been briefed and all that jazz

Just now, Nuff Said said:

Spot on.

Apart from it wasn’t the first thing he said, he  said the same about his replacement McCallum and he picked Dimi to start. If you’re going to make stuff up, try harder.

He mentioned Giannoulis before he mentioned McCallum, so it was the first thing he said. 

7 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Spot on.

It's bizarre but posters done the same with Farke so at least it's not exclusive to Smith.

Listen to the interview and tell me he doesn't single out Dimi before admittedly moving on to McCallum. Now there are lots of other people he could have singled out - Rashica for losing the ball almost every time he was given it, Sargent for doing f-all, Hanley for stupidly getting himself sent off, Pukki for not having his usual quality of touch, McLean for letting their midfield pass him by on the way to their goal. But he chose not to. I'm not saying this is unusual - all managers have their favourites.

No no no, the majority of people used that this isn’t his squad last year to protect Smith…….but the majority of the same people said this squad is the best squad in the championship, most of our first 11 would walk into any championship squad……so I can’t buy into this excuse this year! Cardiff have had to restructure massively this summer as parachute payments ran out and this Cardiff team should’ve been dispatched.

So surely not that it’s the squad additionally I wouldn’t pin my hopes on Sara, until he’s shown on the pitch in yellow he could be another Sargent! Hayden might not be seen till end of September…..have we signed Nunez or is it still in transit?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

Give him a break. It's one game. He wasn't picking on Dimi or anyone else.

My god, IT’S not 1 game, how hard is that to understand, he’s been here nearly a year and we are far worse!!!

17 minutes ago, wheres my rebate gone? said:

My god, IT’S not 1 game, how hard is that to understand, he’s been here nearly a year and we are far worse!!!

Did you say that about Farke after the first four games of the 19-20 season?

I can’t remember the dimi pass or not pass he even described 

can someone enlighten me ?

I remember Josh receiving the ball with his back to goal a lot on the right wing and not doing anything 

cantwell took a corner and not one Norwich player was watching !

krul can’t pass with his left foot … 3 times out to touch 

Hanley completely lost his head

4 minutes ago, CardiffCanary said:

Hanley completely lost his head

It was Omo who pushed the Cardiff player over.

44 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Did you say that about Farke after the first four games of the 19-20 season?

No, as he had shown us what he was all about, all Smith has show so far is he doesn’t have a clue.

in far more than 4 games by the way!

Edited by wheres my rebate gone?

So after our first relegation from the PL and one win in four, including losses to Bournemouth and Derby, you were quite happy? 

6 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

So after our first relegation from the PL and one win in four, including losses to Bournemouth and Derby, you were quite happy? 

If he was he must have been posting using my login because there were very few of us 😀😅😅

* I kid. I wasn't even happy myself. I was a strong advocate of more time though as it looked like we were starting to click.

Edited by hogesar

I know it is not Smith’s team but his job is to improve players here 

it should not matter if he signed them or not they should be improving if he and his staff are good enough 

we spend millions on Conley going to be one of the best in country and the players look like they have been playing 5 a side at the crome centre on a Tuesday night 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, wheres my rebate gone? said:

I understand Smith's previous poor form with a squad he inherited, but it's obvious we're going to improve when the new signings factor -- And it is 1game with 45 matches and 135 points to play for...

He set up Brentford to play attractive-passing football on a shoestring budget and they have bettered our recent record in the Premier.

Give the bloke and his assistants  a fair crack of the whip, ffs.