Sign in to follow this  

But, Webbers doing work again and I've been reliably informed by the Pink Un massive that he's a waste of space who's leeching off the club spending most of his life up a mountain 🙂

• Haha 1

Good to see that Ward had to sign off the contract - just a shame she is the DoF's wife though (#governance) (😉)

Also nice to see Sara's partner was with him.

Finally a comment in the video mentions Sara in Portuguese terms as Sarinha! Might help avoid a load of chants on the same theme as "Que Sera, sera".

Also, appreciate little things - how excited he looked to see his name on the shirt!

• Like 1

I got the impression that he has an understanding of English and there were a few moments that he didn't need his interpreter.

The wall where they list the players is running out of space, in a couple of years we won't be able to sign anyone as we won't be able to pay for an extension or maybe brick up the window. 

48 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Fun little video for your viewing.

A very interesting watch, thanks CC

Interesting they show so much of the medical/fitness work ..obviously a non subtle attempt by the club to suggest he is not a crock!

Must be so hard joining a new club with all the people to meet and especially when you dont speak the language - fans will need to give him time to adapt I expect.

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, Satriales said:

Didnt look like he recognised any of the players apart from Krul.

Yes, his eyes lit up in recognition when TK introduced himself.

Interesting video which I assume was shot before the Marseille game.

Not surprising he knows a bit of english and Kenny's pointing will fill in all the gaps 😉

Doesn't look as though he's miles off stepping up his training. Fingers crossed he will be involved sooner rather than later.

32 minutes ago, rock bus said:

Interesting they show so much of the medical/fitness work ..obviously a non subtle attempt by the club to suggest he is not a crock!

Must be so hard joining a new club with all the people to meet and especially when you dont speak the language - fans will need to give him time to adapt I expect.

Exactly what I thought watching the video, must be difficult in those first few weeks for foreign players new to the UK. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Satriales said:

Didnt look like he recognised any of the players apart from Krul.

Krul played in the last world cup in Brazil 2014, it's where he came on as sub to take part in the penalty shoot out.

I expect an impressionable 15 year old sat transfixed and thought big dreams of moving to Europe and meeting the man who slayed Costa Rica.

• Like 2

Agreed, looks like he knows a little bit of English. I wonder how much of what he does here s standardised across the world and how much is a bit different. Id imagine any language component of the Soccerbot comes with Portuguese language settings

Must be overwhelming for him, only 26 and suddenly signing contracts in a foreign country whilst probably a bit jet lagged. Did he have an agent or advisor with him? Didn't notice anyone.

Remember the Brazilian Juninho going to Middlesboro, loved the place (not sure why) but the fans made him so welcome, enjoyed it so much he re-signed for them twice more.  No doubt, he obviously had to perform first....  Lets hope we end up loving Sara as much that he's very happy here..... a little less negativity from some fans will help.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Satriales said:

Must be overwhelming for him, only 26 and suddenly signing contracts in a foreign country whilst probably a bit jet lagged. Did he have an agent or advisor with him? Didn't notice anyone.

Seemed a bit strange that he didn't/couldn't read the contract. Just sign here and there please.

4 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Seemed a bit strange that he didn't/couldn't read the contract. Just sign here and there please.

Ha, hope he knows what wages he is on!

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

"This is Josh Sargent from America.. And this is Todd Cantwell from Dereham"

“And this is Zimmermann. Ignore him”

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, rock bus said:

I thought both these! 

The culture shock would be significant you would think, especially with the language barrier. I’m not sure I would have coped at that age. Luckily I’m rubbish at football so it was never a problem!

8 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

His agent/lawyer will have seen and approved it you would imagine. Otherwise we missed a huge opportunity to pay him £100/week!