Sign in to follow this  
By Hook or Ian crook

Buendia to be sold by villa

16 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Can we do a reverse Manure? They sold Pogba for 850k  then bought him for 85million. I suggest a cheeky bid of 350k for Emi.

We don’t have 350K……🤪😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

From my point of view the Dean Smith era at Villa had a healthy dose of reality in terms of the transfer policy and the growth of the club. 

This season they seemed to have dumped all that and are now the next Everton in waiting.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Even when I take the **** out of my myself I still get critisised😂

I don’t know if you realise you’re doing it but when people aren’t posting about you, you tend to comment something that brings the attention back on yourself. You may not even clock you’re doing it. 

4 minutes ago, WD40 said:

I don’t know if you realise you’re doing it but when people aren’t posting about you, you tend to comment something that brings the attention back on yourself. You may not even clock you’re doing it. 

Cambridgeshire ' I can't help it' Canary.

2 hours ago, WD40 said:

Money’s already spent on doss. Can’t forgo that. 

Shows how even a lower-middle table prem side can afford to cut losses on a £35m player while that would well and truly sink us.

Delia out.

This is a slightly new one. 

We can't afford to throw away £35 million or it'll financially cripple us, therefore Delia Out!!

Or maybe just don't employ someone to buy players for £35 million and then buy another player in the same position etc etc.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, hogesar said:

This is a slightly new one. 

We can't afford to throw away £35 million or it'll financially cripple us, therefore Delia Out!!

Or maybe just don't employ someone to buy players for £35 million and then buy another player in the same position etc etc.

See your on forum police patrol again. What’s the fine officer?

4 minutes ago, WD40 said:

See your on forum police patrol again. What’s the fine officer?

Did I tell you you couldn't post it? You're more than welcome to and I'm more than welcome to reply to it and point out how stupid a point I think it is.

If you can't cope with that you'll need to find yourself an echo chamber.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

Have you got an aeroplane to tow it behind Nuffo? If so , there are some people who'd like to meet you.😇

In Manchester?

I might be able to do better than paint on a bed sheet if someone has a powerful torch... hand shadows anyone?

Edited by chicken
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Did I tell you you couldn't post it? You're more than welcome to and I'm more than welcome to reply to it and point out how stupid a point I think it is.

If you can't cope with that you'll need to find yourself an echo chamber.

It generally isn’t worth engaging with posters such as yourself going round the forum constructing straw man arguments, so went with a pithy comment - that has definitely struck a nerve!

Never did I say that we should throw away £35m. The point was lower mid table prem teams have much more breathing room to make mistakes (and very expensive ones). The inference being we won’t establish ourselves at prem level without more financial muscle so you don’t need to perform miracles on every transfer.

But don’t let that get in the way of telling everyone how stupid they are. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, WD40 said:

It generally isn’t worth engaging with posters such as yourself going round the forum constructing straw man arguments, so went with a pithy comment - that has definitely struck a nerve!

Never did I say that we should throw away £35m. The point was lower mid table prem teams have much more breathing room to make mistakes (and very expensive ones). The inference being we won’t establish ourselves at prem level without more financial muscle so you don’t need to perform miracles on every transfer.

But don’t let that get in the way of telling everyone how stupid they are. 

Me, strawman? I think turning a Villa-selling-Emi into a Delia Out post is as Strawman as it gets, and got the reply it warranted.

Thankfully, we have plenty of sensible debates on here, I personally have plenty with lots of other posters so more than happy for you to opt out from engaging with me. 🙃

1) Emi actually did wait to leave us, gave us an extra season and after an initial sulk applied himself so well that when he didn’t play we didn’t win. He played loads, we got promoted and he got his move after waiting a year. 
2) Emi is still class and the idea that he would entertain coming down to our league now is odd. He might not get snapped up by an EPL side if this speculative article is true but he will not be dropping out of Europe’s top tier league’s altogether. 
3) I’d love him to sign for us because nothing fills an ‘Emi shaped hole’ like an Emi shaped Emi. BUT we already have ready replacements in Cantwell and Tzolis without paying a penny 😂😂😂 . That last point actually brought up a bit of sick 🤮🤮🤮

Edited by SwearyCanary

6 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Even when I take the **** out of my myself I still get critisised😂

That's worthy of another thread, surely?

• Haha 1

Read that Villa Fans think he is one of their best players so i doubt he will be going 

Some even saying they should sell others first and build a team round Emi thats how much they rate him 

• Like 1

He never really got going last season, the fact they signed Coutinho in January really hindered him as well but we know his quality. I highly doubt Villa will have paid all that money just to ship him out again

12 hours ago, SwearyCanary said:

1) Emi actually did wait to leave us, gave us an extra season and after an initial sulk applied himself so well that when he didn’t play we didn’t win. He played loads, we got promoted and he got his move after waiting a year. 
2) Emi is still class and the idea that he would entertain coming down to our league now is odd. He might not get snapped up by an EPL side if this speculative article is true but he will not be dropping out of Europe’s top tier league’s altogether. 
3) I’d love him to sign for us because nothing fills an ‘Emi shaped hole’ like an Emi shaped Emi. BUT we already have ready replacements in Cantwell and Tzolis without paying a penny 😂😂😂 . That last point actually brought up a bit of sick 🤮🤮🤮

Well on this comment I couldn't agree more!  

Villa fans absolutely love the lad just like we did.   In the main, they prefer him to Coutinho and definitely to a whole host of their other players.    Plus he doesn't even play the same role as Gallagher!    

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ged in the onion bag said:

Villa fans absolutely love the lad just like we did.   In the main, they prefer him to Coutinho and definitely to a whole host of their other players.    Plus he doesn't even play the same role as Gallagher!    

Exactly what i read i very much doubt he will go 

Gallagher would be a Great signing and they will move others on 

35 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

Gallagher would be a Great signing and they will move others on 

You'd expect Bailey would be out before Emi.

1 minute ago, Google Bot said:

You'd expect Bailey would be out before Emi.

What I find amusing is that some fans here want El Ghazi, have watched the lad for a few years now as my wife's a Villa fan, he's affectionately known as El Khazi here..... he's not very good!   

19 hours ago, Ulfotto said:

From my point of view the Dean Smith era at Villa had a healthy dose of reality in terms of the transfer policy and the growth of the club. 

This season they seemed to have dumped all that and are now the next Everton in waiting.

Their level of investment is really crazy. Especially considering they were just 14th last year. They really need to do much better next season.

4 hours ago, ged in the onion bag said:

Well on this comment I couldn't agree more!  

About the Emi thing I hope. Not my sarcastic comment about Tzolis or Cantwell being ready made replacements. That I do not actually think. Like, not even 1%

41 minutes ago, SwearyCanary said:

About the Emi thing I hope. Not my sarcastic comment about Tzolis or Cantwell being ready made replacements. That I do not actually think. Like, not even 1%

Yes, Emi, absolute genius of a player.    We probably won't see anyone close to that good for a long time.   Did very well once when Buendia came to replace Maddison, virtually impossible to do it twice.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ged in the onion bag said:

Yes, Emi, absolute genius of a player.    We probably won't see anyone close to that good for a long time.   Did very well once when Buendia came to replace Maddison, virtually impossible to do it twice.

Especially with our spend ceiling and the new permit laws around Brexit. Bargain gem days are over 

Edited by SwearyCanary

5 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

You know given he told Webber he would never play for us again unless we let him leave I dont think he would want to come back..

Be interesting to see how we handle the Pukki situation then.     The only difference is Pukki appears honourable and will complete the contract... (not having a go at Emi, most footballers are overly ambitious in that way) but the fact would appear he wants to leave.    

Should we grant him that wish if we know he wants to leave to play at the higher level?