Danke bitte

Head of academy coaching leaves for binners

10 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

Just had a look on TWTD and couldn't see hardly any talking about promotion.

What I find amazing is that you used the plural, do you spend time looking on multiple 1p5wich forums for updates? 

Big mistake that predictive text decided to add  a S

Had the honour of passing through Ipswich on the way to Felixstowe a few days ago and got 3 punnets of strawberries for a pound. 

Opinion in the market puts Ipswich in the top 3

Opinion on this board seems very low key

Perhaps a little bet who finishes higher next season 

Say £500 to the Charity of your choice 

4 hours ago, hogesar said:

Well during last season and especially towards the end, there were plenty of complaints about how 'stale' things were at Carrow Road.

You would think they'd be delighted at all this freshening up across different roles within the club. 🙃

There has been concern/surprise towards the end of the season regarding the staff exodus at Carrow Road especially the departure of Lynette Hannant Head of Supporter Services and the lack of a replacement for months played its part in poor communications between the club and the fans. I would hardly call that ' stale '.

The media department by the way which is a team of 6 is just about to lose the 5th person since January which in my humble opinion seems a rather excessive turnover. A vacancy for a new programme editor if anybody fancies it.

1 hour ago, daly said:

Big mistake that predictive text decided to add  a S

Had the honour of passing through Ipswich on the way to Felixstowe a few days ago and got 3 punnets of strawberries for a pound. 

Opinion in the market puts Ipswich in the top 3

Opinion on this board seems very low key

Perhaps a little bet who finishes higher next season 

Say £500 to the Charity of your choice 

We'll finsh higher as the best they can manage is the top of L1 & the worst we can manage is the bottom of the Championship.

Please send the £500 to the RNLI.

Edited by A Load of Squit
  • Haha 1

Alternatively send your losers bet money to Cancer Research UK

1 minute ago, daly said:

Alternatively send your losers bet money to Cancer Research UK

Not sure you understood the post 

On 24/06/2022 at 23:18, daly said:

Seems to be more enthusiasm in Ipswich forums that promotion is on the cards rather than the apathy here with Webber mountain climbing and not much happening 

There’s always enthusiasm on Ipswich forums that promotion is on the cards pre-season. It’s only when they see them play that they realise their team is sh*t and has been for decades.

He may as well be unsuccessful there as well.

Nothing much coming out of our very expensive academy under the current regime.

Better pay, promotion, happy environment, improved working conditions, locality and decent management - is usually a good draw to moving jobs....So are those down the road able to offer more than us?..... 

21 hours ago, kirku said:

Completely agree.

A health and safety manager or head of catering at a football club is far from a "key worker" (ignoring the fact that phrase is generally reserved for people who keep society functioning).

They will both be replaced in short order and their departures will have no impact at all on the strategic direction of the organisation

Surely the amount of people leaving is a bit of a cause for concern, it that this means, either staff are not happy or staff are being poached with iffers of better pay etc. 

If its a happy ship, people don't leave. The amount of departures is a worry.

To dismiss it out if hand is a bit daft really. 

13 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

You really are very stupid. 

The bet is WHO finishes higher in their respective leagues 

5 hours ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Surely the amount of people leaving is a bit of a cause for concern, it that this means, either staff are not happy or staff are being poached with iffers of better pay etc. 

If its a happy ship, people don't leave. The amount of departures is a worry.

To dismiss it out if hand is a bit daft really. 

That's not the point I was making

4 hours ago, daly said:

The bet is WHO finishes higher in their respective leagues 

He knew that. His response to your post was tongue in cheek as a joke, which was worth a little lol, you then missed the point and have stated the obvious that everyone that saw that post realised was your intention. 

You’ve really taken the fun out of his joke with the long winded explanation required 😂😂😂

1 hour ago, SwearyCanary said:

He knew that. His response to your post was tongue in cheek as a joke, which was worth a little lol, you then missed the point and have stated the obvious that everyone that saw that post realised was your intention. 

You’ve really taken the fun out of his joke with the long winded explanation required 😂😂😂

The jokes on me Really funny 

Still want the £500 bet though

City or scum to finish higher in their respective leagues

6 hours ago, daly said:

The jokes on me Really funny 

Still want the £500 bet though

City or scum to finish higher in their respective leagues

I’m not taking that bet, never suggested I would. You really are taking this very personally though, the joke wasn’t on you originally, but when you didn’t see the obvious it did, but rather than see the funny side of your misunderstanding you’ve taken it all seriously. 

Who do you think is actually going to take your bet? What a pointless bet it is anyway, what are you trying to determine through it? That Ipswich will do better in a markedly worse standard of football than we will in a better one? Its totally incomparable. 

Load of squit got you pretty much pegged with their post it seems 

Edited by SwearyCanary

For a League One club, with only mid-Chumps mediocrity as a probable limit of their current capabilities, they do seem to be stacking up with backroom staff. Some Premier League clubs might well be envious of the army of support staff that they seem to be filling the offices of Portman Road or the associated playing fields with.

It's almost reaching gravy train proportions, it would seem.

Thinking big is one thing, paying big is another, and I wonder at the losses that will have already arisen and will continue to accumulate down there in deepest Suffolk. Evans needed to plough in some £4m a year to just keep the club afloat, and he was considered too frugal by most, with a badly maintained ground being the foremost example of this.

The first accounts since the new regime came in will be interesting, as will an  assessment of the patience of the investors. How long will it take before the penny drops, and they realise that they have bought a pup? How much will they need to lose before they jump ship?

One thing is for sure ... that  promotion from the lower leagues is vital, and sooner rather than later. It won't improve the financial pressures but will, at least, be a sticking plaster.

What is their new motto. "Fighting adversity?" You can say that again.  

When concerned about staff retention you must look at why staff leave to go to a rival. More often than not it is because the culture at the employer makes it hard to stay and easy to go. For instance is there no sense of team spirit or community, do their best efforts appear to be unappreciated. Alarm bells should be ringing that Norwich City appears to have a high turnover of staff, whether key workers, essential or not.

17 minutes ago, kenfoggo said:

When concerned about staff retention you must look at why staff leave to go to a rival. More often than not it is because the culture at the employer makes it hard to stay and easy to go. For instance is there no sense of team spirit or community, do their best efforts appear to be unappreciated. Alarm bells should be ringing that Norwich City appears to have a high turnover of staff, whether key workers, essential or not.

Why are you deciding why staff have left?

Also, if staff leave and stay in the same industry it will always be to a rival.

1 hour ago, A Load of Squit said:

Why are you deciding why staff have left?

Also, if staff leave and stay in the same industry it will always be to a rival.

The Head of supporter services that left to go and work at The Scum was a city fan who had worked here for 12 years and left behind a family of her children and parents who are season  ticket holders.

As for staff that leave and stay in the same industry i take it West Ham, Wolves and Hibernians are our rivals ?

14 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

The Head of supporter services that left to go and work at The Scum was a city fan who had worked here for 12 years and left behind a family of her children and parents who are season  ticket holders.

As for staff that leave and stay in the same industry i take it West Ham, Wolves and Hibernians are our rivals ?

What are you trying to say in the first paragraph?

And for the 2nd paragraph the answer is yes.

9 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

What are you trying to say in the first paragraph?

And for the 2nd paragraph the answer is yes.

In the first paragraph i am trying to say that a woman who is a member of a Norwich supporting season ticket holding family after 12 years of working for the club she supports left to go to the Scum of all clubs ! She nows travels 80 miles a day to and from work from her Norwich home and that doesn't even raise a suspicion in your head that she had become unhappy in her workplace ?

As for your 2nd statement i cannot disagree more when you claim those clubs are our rivals.

Edited by TIL 1010

23 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

In the first paragraph i am trying to say that a woman who is a member of a Norwich supporting season ticket holding family after 12 years of working for the club she supports left to go to the Scum of all clubs ! She nows travels 80 miles a day to and from work from her Norwich home and that doesn't even raise a suspicion in your head that she had become unhappy in her workplace ?

As for your 2nd statement i cannot disagree more when you claim those clubs are our rivals.

We should have the very Best of every coaching level we can afford and attract 

so if this coach has left and it was his own free will we are losing a asset 

if he was not Great why on earth was he here ?

i do not know the coach in question but if it was my club i would want the best people i could get in each position 

14 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Of course they are rivals when you talk about the type of jobs that have been mentioned. The head of acadamy coaching isn't exclusive to NCFC. Only recently we had member of the acadamy coaching set up leave for a role with scouting at West Ham.

People leave jobs for many reasons, are you saying in a 12 year career that someone doesn't consider whether there are better options elsewhere and if one becomes available they wouldn't consider it?

25 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I know that you have an anti-club agenda and like to try to fit everything into this, but there are other possibilities. I have no idea of whom you are talking possibilities include promotion as was the case with Dean Wright; fear of restructuring and redundancy or even may have been facing performance measures. 

Even if you are correct and she was unhappy, this is no big deal really is it? Many people are unhappy in their work for a variety of reasons. She was a junior member of staff and whilst I'm sure we all wish her well in her career choice, it is hardly a matter of significance and tbh, I am not sure that it is appropriate that you raise it, if she is identifiable (I don't have a clue if this is the case, but I don't find the internal micro-politics surrounding the periphery of the club as fascinating as you seem to.)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

i do not know the coach in question but if it was my club i would want the best people i could get in each position 

Agree completely - but the best people are likely to be ambitious. I'm sure many of us have moved on to further our career.

If our staff are sought by other clubs in promoted roles this is a good sign!

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Instead of continually beating round  the bush, why not tell us what the problem is.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

Lynette obviously did a good job at the club, was well liked, and she was very helpful in the setting up of the OSP.  But you do realise that this post comes across as quite melodramatic don't you?

• Like 1

So giving my opinion on a range of things including no Chairman, no CEO, no head of supporter services which has been well discussed on here not by just me about poor PR and lack of communication by the club is viewed as an anti club agenda ?

Yeah whatever so see you all at Cardiff where i will be booing from the first minute obviously.