Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

Picture of Todays Protest

On that picture alone you would struggle to amass 100. Try counting the heads.

Bit short of the 90% of 24,000.

Dear Worthy outers,

Trying to seriously suggest that everyone in that photo is part of the protest is journalistic license worthy of the News of the World and undermines your otherwise valid points of view.

[quote user="Atlast"]

Dear Worthy outers,

Trying to seriously suggest that everyone in that photo is part of the protest is journalistic license worthy of the News of the World and undermines your otherwise valid points of view.

[/quote]

sorry mate but there was a hell of a lot of people there, the whole road was full of protesters. I am not saying it is a majority at all, in fact I don''t care.  All i saw today was another inept performance by players whom are better than what we see on the pitch, Leeds and Shefffield United to come now eh...  well we need to improve one hell of a lot or else it could be palace, wolves, QPR, reading, preston, stoke, luton etc all over again.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v214/jasbk/protest.jpg

that will confirm there were more than 400... nearer 2000 i reckon..

Archant/Pinkun feel free to use the picture for your own purposes if you want....

jas :)

[/quote]

2,000!  You are having an absoulte laugh.  250 max, of which most were under the age of 20, i.e. only really known life under Worthy.

i do nto like worthingtona t all and everyoe is entitled to their opinion but tom ncfc should not be so critical, byt the sounds of it he does not go to games and therefore cannot pass real judgement

My guess at the protest was 300 - 400 at any one time but there were plenty who walked early or joined later during the half hour at the protest so the number who were involved would have been higher.

But it was peaceful, noisy and focused;  supporting songs for hux, WLY and leon sung too as well as OTBC.

As for the age range - ranged from 9 to 59 so not sure what point you are trying to make there Dicky.

250? I think its you thats having the laugh! Why can''t you just conceed to the fact that today''s mass show of discontent was not just some couple hundred minority content on rocking the boat, but actually a telling sign of what the general consesus is within the club''s fanbase.

If you can still sit and defend the manager, well thats you perrogative.  I''ve had enough reasoned debate with like minded fans to last me a life time...

City 1st and At Last - I assume that you weren''t there, judging by your comments. And, Dicky, even if YOU were there, to say that "most were under the age of 20" is an OUTRIGHT LIE.

Dicky,

I beg to disagree but I would say that 50% were over 30 , there were  pensioners, Mums and Dads and several middle aged people like me too.

As for numbers, I spoke to a policeman at just before 2.30pm ish and he put the crowd at about 800 - 850 ish , in his opinion.

Try looking at the picture on the EDP sports page - it makes the pied piper of hamlyn look like a saga holiday

[quote user="cityangel"]

Dicky,

I beg to disagree but I would say that 50% were over 30 , there were  pensioners, Mums and Dads and several middle aged people like me too.

As for numbers, I spoke to a policeman at just before 2.30pm ish and he put the crowd at about 800 - 850 ish , in his opinion.

[/quote]

I think it was around about 1000ish towards the end, the whole of the road was covered.  Dont worry about Dicky!!!  None of us are sure what planet he is on at the moment - apparantly he thought we played well yesterday...

Nice to see mr 1 good game in 26 have yet another good game getting a couple of assists....

Jeeez.... the KTF''ers are like some media spin doctors .....

"No.... we are firmly behind Worthy... he is the right man for the job....."

"Well, I think you will find that there wasnt protests...it was the queue for the Box Office....."

Just be clear in the fact that there are many (including the fans who didnt show up) before the game who are very very unhappy with the way we are spiralling into the depths of the Championship as a football club.

To deny and dismiss this, and say, "Oh, there are only kids messing around with bottles of WKD Blue" is really blinkered. People are disillusioned, and pushing for change. How much further do you want to go - claim that the Ch*se regime was all sweetness and light, and that we were sad to see him go?

"Dear Worthy outers,

Trying to seriously suggest that everyone in that photo is part of the protest is journalistic license worthy of the News of the World and undermines your otherwise valid points of view."

Agreed.

Does anyone have a photo of the gathering at the swimming pool? Which may be a better reflection.

[quote user="City1st"]Try looking at the picture on the EDP sports page - it makes the pied piper of hamlyn look like a saga holiday[/quote]

I gather from this you didnt see the protest.  Did you watch the match!!  Great performance...  Nice to see the quality Worthy has mustered with all that premiership millions he has spent...

Archant/Pinkun feel free to use the picture for your own purposes if you want....

[/quote]

Ive just took a peek over at the Worthy out site and saw the pictures there. And the posters are all saying how the pictures prove its near 2000. But please, for the sake of the whole campaign dont try and claim this. The picture you have shown includes everyone else walking to the ground, many of whom Im sure wont have supported the protest. As mentioned elsewhere by saying that the picture shows there is 2000 your using the sort of journalistic qualities you would expect from the Sun. Im a worthy outer (God I hate being branded), but if the campaign will be a success we cant manipulate situations. Radio Norfolk reckoned 500, police reckoned about 500 (I think I heard that or did I dream it?), the posters on here seem to think around 500-1000, so dont use a photo that contains many fans just simply walking to their seats as gospel!

Rant over [:)]

[quote user="Dicky"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

2,000!  You are having an absoulte laugh.  250 max, of which most were under the age of 20, i.e. only really known life under Worthy.

[/quote]

I thought Dickie was keeping too quiet......sigh how wrong I was. Come to think of it were is his pal Mad Dan.

Chris

that proves u didnt see the protest Dickie... or indeed Trent.. the pictures i took are of the protestors walking to Carrow Road at about 2pm... do you think there would be that many walking to the ground at that time on a saturday from Riverside?

I was near the the middle so they were the people infront of me... it might not of been 2000 but its certainly 1000.

as for Dicky... well... the fact of the matter is he must walk round with his eyes closed! he would of seen how old the protestors were... and for his information they were in all age groups... i dont know the majority age group.. id probably guess 25-35.. im not sure...

as for walking round with his eyes closed... i bet he thought Yesterdays match was up there with the best seen at Carrow Road!

where were u after last weeks 4-1 defeat Dickie? i cant take u seriously at all considering u only come on to post when we win.. in order to support worthy... when we lose and Worthy takes flack u hide, u dont support him! im thinking WHEN he leaves the club u wont go to games anymore... for fear of being proved wrong, no?

Did you Rate Nigel Worthington at Blackpool?

"that proves u didnt see the protest Dickie... or indeed Trent"

Jas - Funny that, I didnt mention anywhere that I saw the protest. Bit difficult being around 150 miles away and all.. So yes, you have proved I didnt see it...  But nevermind that.

To be honest Im more arguing about the numbers you claimed. Im just saying that everyone should not try and claim 2000 as an exact figure, as the only official report ive heard estimated around 500. If 2000 is how many people were there then thats brilliant, top stuff and the board should listen. It just looks silly trying to say there were 2000, when the board could easily come back saying there were less.

Infact ive read your post again and you say "it might not of been 2000 but its certainly 1000.". Thats a bit of a difference, and again the only official figure I heard from Radio Norfolk was around 500. So someone somewhere has got it horribly wrong.

the radio said 500 were in the march to the ground...

if u look on www.worthyout.co.uk Trent they have the official figure who were at carrow Road from the police... the police say between 1200 and 1500... id take that figure from them... so we''ll use that as official

Trent Canary,

Does it matter how many people were there, the point is that the people who did attend are passionate about our club and wanted to try to make a difference.

If you''re happy for our club to go down the pan and die, fine, but some of firmly believe that if you do nothing, nothing will change.

Amen

Kinda what I was trying to get at earlier. Who cares about numbers? It was still significant.

Now to the end of the season when we can get thank Worthy for the good times, get rid of dead wood, change the whole set up behind the scenes, and start moving the club in the right direction again.

Jas, that is absolute crap, and you know it.

I watched the whole protest from start to finish and there were definatley no more than 500 at its peak.

The majority of people on the outskirts of the main group were just there to see what was going on and i heard more people slagging the protesters off rather than supporting them.

I even got into a row with one of the protesters and when i asked "who he would like to see installed as the new manager?" myself and about 10 others were stunned when the thicko took about 40 seconds to come up with.............MARTIN O''NEIL. Even Doomcaster had a smile on his face as we walked away roaring with laughter!

FatboySlimfast said "Even Doomcaster had a smile on his face as we walked away roaring with laughter!"

can''t have happened too many times this season...considering how poor we have been.  Even yesterday we were crap, oh well roll on leeds...... 

that proves u didnt see the protest Dickie... or indeed Trent.. the pictures i took are of the protestors walking to Carrow Road at about 2pm... do you think there would be that many walking to the ground at that time on a saturday from Riverside?

I was near the the middle so they were the people infront of me... it might not of been 2000 but its certainly 1000.

as for Dicky... well... the fact of the matter is he must walk round with his eyes closed! he would of seen how old the protestors were... and for his information they were in all age groups... i dont know the majority age group.. id probably guess 25-35.. im not sure...

as for walking round with his eyes closed... i bet he thought Yesterdays match was up there with the best seen at Carrow Road!

where were u after last weeks 4-1 defeat Dickie? i cant take u seriously at all considering u only come on to post when we win.. in order to support worthy... when we lose and Worthy takes flack u hide, u dont support him! im thinking WHEN he leaves the club u wont go to games anymore... for fear of being proved wrong, no?

Did you Rate Nigel Worthington at Blackpool?

[/quote]Oh please! This is what makes me wish we had never seen premiership football at all!!!!Can''t take someone seriously when they only post when we win? I am afraid Dickie does not do that as I can witness for as many others who have frequented this site for yeas now. I think this must be at least my fourth year posting and reading this site/board. And again for a successful argument please don''t provide me with ammunition - why should we take many of the Worthy outers seriously (myself included like Trent under that banner) if most of them have only used their voices when we have lost.I ask where they all were after Sheffield and many of the wins earlier in the season when it was less clear what the outcome would be. The strange thing is we are more or less in the same position now as we were then - we may be one or two places different but we are again 6pts off the play-offs.To be fair to dicky if you look at a lot of those photos - they do seem to reflect a large number of younger people, I don''t like to use the term children because people tend to attach some ageism to it and suggest that they are not old enough to form their own opinion which is wrong.As for Worthington at Blackpool - man almighty do you really want to dig that up? I think Worthington proved that that was history by the success he has given this club. I admit at the time I was slightly surprised to see him appointed as manager but then if you remember Hamilton brought him in as his assistant and he earned his position with the backing of the supporters after he totally turned things around as caretaker manager.Now I don''t disagree that there is grounds for call for a change unless the disfunction of the squad is not fixed. But as trent and others have said - do you really need to do it in such an abbrasive mannor? Why are you trying to blow things out of proportion when this could in itself sink the whole campaign?And as for others that complain that we are sinking into the depths of the championship - 10th and 6pts off the play-offs is not any sort of gloomy depth! Bottom half of the table and I would be more inclined to give it to you but not our current position - which is quite impressive when you consider the "atmosphere" or lack of it at carrow road at the moment.

where were u after last weeks 4-1 defeat Dickie? i cant take u seriously at all considering u only come on to post when we win..

Usual rubbish from the self proclaimed barclay king - when I got back from the game, I posted to say it was the worst City performance I have seen - it is always possible to check posts by user you know.  Next time you try and have a go, get your facts right, you obsessive.