chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Wolves (PL/A) *****

2 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

Did they say what was wrong? 

He fell out of the pram

• Haha 2

Fair play to us for not bottling it in the end, but really did show what changing things up can do. Was a bit of a lucky goal from Wolves and any other day Pukki would have had a hatrick but hey we didnt lose!  

• Like 1

Wow -we got a point - so no need to sign anyone next season- watch  out Spurs-  city are on a run of 1 draw 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ricardo said:

He fell out of the pram

🤣

Scotland have a qualifier at the end of a month and we have enough injured players already. Hoping it’s not a bad one.

What was the point in the early time wasting? We now have to actually beat Spurs to have any chance of finishing 19th, with a win the pressure would then be on Watford. Was i just to get another point so everyone involved can claim we have actually improved from last time? 

So, anyone man enough to admit their criticism of Smith's choice of formation was wrong?

• Like 1

Well earned point against a good Wolves side who had something to play for unlike us.

Thought the setup suited us to be honest. Byram excellent as a "third" CB.

• Like 1

We're better than last time 😁😁😁

Wolves fans must be livid having played us 3 times and not mustered a single win 

Just now, horsefly said:

So, anyone man enough to admit their criticism of Smith's choice of formation was wrong?

Those who ripped into it early i found odd. It looked a good setup and it proved to be. We have worse players than Wolves but tactically out-played them.

Just now, horsefly said:

We didn't win mate.

1 minute ago, horsefly said:

Nope, Wolves were awful. That side gets ripped by any half decent Championship side, I literally nodded off in the 2nd half, didn't even notice Rowe come on 😂

Edited by Ken Hairy

Just now, keelansgrandad said:

We didn't win mate.

Oh, so the manager doesn't get it right unless we win? What a bizarre understanding of football.

• Like 1

Just now, keelansgrandad said:

We didn't win mate.

Predictions included a six-nil drubbing. 

Better showing at least. Does make me wonder what we're going to do with all our youth wingers though, but if this is the start of a plan B, then let's see what we get.

Just now, Ken Hairy said:

Nope, Wolves were awful. That side gets ripped by any half decent Championship side

They're 8th with something to play for. We were relegated with nothing to play for..no average champs side beats that Wolves team.

This sort of post just shows how ingrained people are in their thoughts on our squad and Smith.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Yep me! Although my main concern was normann and Gilmour in midfield so not sure I got moan about team wrong 😉

1 minute ago, Ken Hairy said:

Nope, Wolves were awful. That side gets ripped by any half decent Championship side, I literally nodded off in the 2nd half, didn't even notice Rowe come on 😂

Just as I expected! 

Just now, hogesar said:

They're 8th with something to play for. We were relegated with nothing to play for..no average champs side beats that Wolves team.

This sort of post just shows how ingrained people are in their thoughts on our squad and Smith.

You honestly think Wolves have been that bad to get to 8th?? Come on Hoggy, we got away with Wolves on an off day today. 

5 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Wash your mouth out with soap

Sorry KG. My sister is up here from Cornwall. Do you need anything Norfolk related? Obviously I'll send a big bottle of Norfolk air but use it sparingly. It doesn't grow on trees! 

1 minute ago, horsefly said:

Predictions included a six-nil drubbing. 

Not from me. I never predict as I expect us to win every match

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, dylanisabaddog said:

Sorry KG. My sister is up here from Cornwall. Do you need anything Norfolk related? Obviously I'll send a big bottle of Norfolk air but use it sparingly. It doesn't grow on trees! 

I'll swap you a pasty for the big sky

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Just as I expected! 

Happy to oblige Billy boy, one dull display, which was criticised by Birtles virtually all match won't sway my opinion that these players are not good enough and won't be next season. 

Big changes needed still. 

Edited by Ken Hairy

4 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

You honestly think Wolves have been that bad to get to 8th?? Come on Hoggy, we got away with Wolves on an off day today. 

The weird thing about football is that when talented teams have an off-day it usually has something to do with the performance of their opponents.

Edited by horsefly
  • Like 2