chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Wolves (PL/A) *****

Just now, Mr Apples said:

It could be worse, St Johnstone have started today with Jacob Butterfield, Charlie Gilmour and Glen Middleton...ah, what could have been. 🤔🤣

Apples

Sounds like a firm of solicitors

• Haha 1

So predictions? Based on this line up, 6-0 to Wolves, they go 1 up within 5 minutes we utterly capitulate

7 minutes ago, alex_ncfc said:

He picks his line ups out of a hat doesn't he.

That's appalling. Leaving our best keeper on the bench again too.

What exactly did Gunn do wrong against Leicester?

5 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

I feel like he knows something we dont but soon will..... Krul fed up and wants to not yoyo for the last couple of seasons of his career?

I'm not sure, I've always seen it as he seems very happy at Norwich and in Norfolk but who knows? What I do know is that if we are prepping Gunn to be number one next season, it leaves me with no confidence. Krul is far the better keeper. How long has he got left on his contract?

Just now, The Real Buh said:

Is the loan agreement stating number of games etc an urban myth or real?

When I first heard that I thought it must be nonsense. No club would allow another club to pick its team surely? But apparently it's common place and Liverpool have a policy of low fee if they play, high fee if they don't. 

If we have agreed to this nonsense (and it appears we have) at the very least we should note never to do it again. 

1 minute ago, Monty13 said:

What exactly did Gunn do wrong against Leicester?

We lost 3-0 and he made some saves that any other keeper could have made. Hardly a world class performance was it?

Also, he was sh*te at Stoke and sh*te at Southampton, but good enough for us? Give me a break.

4 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

When I first heard that I thought it must be nonsense. No club would allow another club to pick its team surely? But apparently it's common place and Liverpool have a policy of low fee if they play, high fee if they don't. 

If we have agreed to this nonsense (and it appears we have) at the very least we should note never to do it again. 

Never loan these big club clowns again

id sub them both after 1 minute and just say they started

Edited by The Real Buh
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, alex_ncfc said:

He picks his line ups out of a hat doesn't he.

That's appalling. Leaving our best keeper on the bench again too.

I presume the ball saying Gilmour is heated 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, alex_ncfc said:

I'm not sure, I've always seen it as he seems very happy at Norwich and in Norfolk but who knows? What I do know is that if we are prepping Gunn to be number one next season, it leaves me with no confidence. Krul is far the better keeper. How long has he got left on his contract?

Isn’t the rumour Krul is the highest paid player? I wouldn’t be surprised to see him leave this summer to be honest, been a great keeper but not sure why we spent the money on Gunn if it wasn’t as his replacement.

I'll be honest, I'm more disappointed that we haven't given more game time to youngsters from the start than I am with the actual picks in the team.

With very little pre-season this year due to the World Cup timing, I think it is probably best that these games are very much seen as a time to experiment etc. It may look disastrous, but better test it when it really doesn't matter than in the first few games of next season which we will need to pick up points and momentum quickly.

We know the deal with Gilmour, he starts because he costs less. So be it. I'd rather he costs us as less as possible. Normann is an odd one. Not been in the side for a couple of weeks. Not made a great impression in recent weeks either. His future is probably quite unpredictable at the moment. There is no way he is returning to Russia, there is no way for anyone to buy players from Russian teams so what happens next?

Dowell further forward will mean he is playing as a No.10 rather than an out and out striker I would suspect. Would not be surprised that this looks a bit like a 3-4-2-1 at points in the game... if we can progress to good positions.

1 minute ago, alex_ncfc said:

Norwich City would not pay that sort of money for a back up keeper and I doubt Gunn would have signed unless he knew he had a future as first choice. 

1 minute ago, alex_ncfc said:

We lost 3-0 and he made some saves that any other keeper could have made. Hardly a world class performance was it?

Also, he was sh*te at Stoke and sh*te at Southampton, but good enough for us? Give me a break.

Doesn’t really answer the question, what did he do wrong?

17 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

How dare you make this AFTER i made mine. Where were you? We all missed you and you do us like this? Anyways, Dowell striker woo hoo

Apologies... I'll try and PM you next time if I can't do it due to work commitments/emergencies etc. 🙂

Just now, Monty13 said:

Doesn’t really answer the question, what did he do wrong?

He's a terrible keeper, there's the answer to your question.

I will go for a 3 -2 win with a stirring second half comeback . Jordan hugill and onel combine to set up Ricky van wolfsvinkel for a last minute winner

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Norwich City would not pay that sort of money for a back up keeper and I doubt Gunn would have signed unless he knew he had a future as first choice. 

I'd rather have seen Barden being eased in to be our future number one. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Never loan these big club clowns again

id sub them both after 1 minute and just say they started

Loan to buy or an experienced player out of favour at their club is the way we should be using the loan market now

• Like 1

Are we trying out a different formation with in general the same players that played in previous ones?

Why Normann & Gilmour, I thought we were planning for next season!

Smith really has no identity in his style, trying everything now. I’m not enamoured, he’s a good guy but really isn’t a fit for us! Time will tell.

Just now, Ken Hairy said:

Anyone know if Deano has his favourite mug with him today? 

And no I don't mean Gilmour....... 

Hasnt he said that finishing 19th rather than 20th is worth an additional £2M for the club, so that's his aim, and hence despite personal views on here of  the personnel, hes fielding what he views the team most likely to achieve that. 

Obviously views will differ on if he is right or not, but thats his official driver, for now. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Terminally Yellow said:

It's not hard as they're our only fit midfielders 

I’d rather have nobody on than them

also, are the other midfielders on the bench scotch mist or something?

both of these players are league one level losers

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, chicken said:

I'll be honest, I'm more disappointed that we haven't given more game time to youngsters from the start than I am with the actual picks in the team.

With very little pre-season this year due to the World Cup timing, I think it is probably best that these games are very much seen as a time to experiment etc. It may look disastrous, but better test it when it really doesn't matter than in the first few games of next season which we will need to pick up points and momentum quickly.

We know the deal with Gilmour, he starts because he costs less. So be it. I'd rather he costs us as less as possible. Normann is an odd one. Not been in the side for a couple of weeks. Not made a great impression in recent weeks either. His future is probably quite unpredictable at the moment. There is no way he is returning to Russia, there is no way for anyone to buy players from Russian teams so what happens next?

Dowell further forward will mean he is playing as a No.10 rather than an out and out striker I would suspect. Would not be surprised that this looks a bit like a 3-4-2-1 at points in the game... if we can progress to good positions.

Hopefuly feel we get to see more of our young during pre season but given we are already down bit odd to be playing loanees that will be off over them

Rob Butler talking to some real happy clappers today - hope Webber listening that will cheer him up- could then give 80 %  instead of 90

Another issue with this lineup is no wingers and quite frankly no pace or speed. We have Aarons and Dimi running down the wings as full backs but that's never worked for us. Why not rowe on one wing and Rashica on the other? Least they have pace and put an effort in. All a bit odd and slow without wingers.

He's certainly playing Gilmour due to the nature of the loan agreement - low fee if he plays all the games on a sliding scale to being higher if he doesn't. I suppose three centre-halves might make us a bit more solid down the middle, but the onus is then on Giannoulis and Aarons to make sure they get goal side when we lose the ball.

Dowell up top is..... something I'm scratching my head about. Almost wonder if this is a 3-5-1-1 with Dowell behind Pukki and Lees-Melou going box-to-box.