Sign in to follow this  
The Real Buh

You know what? Fu£K Dean Smith…

We should clearly sack him. But does anyone trust Webber anymore to appoint his successor? The bloke has clearly lost the plot, drunk on his own ego to the point that he wouldn't know a good player or manager if it slapped him in the face half way up Everest.

If he climbs mountains as well as he's recruited managers and players this season, he wouldn't get half way up Gas Hill.

Edited by canarydan23
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Kenny Foggo said:

I would say that being 3rd in the first premiership was far and away the best season in our 120 year history

Not to mention winning a cup! Playing in Europe!

Edited by Indy

1 minute ago, Indy said:

Two most successful season in 120 years in the past four years! Really! Some people don’t have very good memories!

I guess that you are a recent fan. We have done a lot better in the past. 

7 minutes ago, Petriix said:

There's an unfortunate difference between sacking Smith and never having appointed him in the first place. There's a reason why, in our 120 year history, we've had our two most successful seasons in the past four years.

Webber is an architect of change when what we needed was continuity. You sadly can't recreate continuity with further change. 

I don’t remember staying in the PL in our last 4 seasons let alone a European campaign or a cup, must have missed it somehow.

Edited by Monty13

23 minutes ago, komakino said:

Agreed. If & When Smith gets his own squad together, then we will see if he is having a positive effect.

How will that ever happen?   He’ll never have his own squad.   We aren’t going to replace 10 plus players with new signings and we ain’t getting any return on most of these here either.    

We have a development model which fundamentally relies on a certain degree of risk taking.   Dean Smith doesn’t seem to be a risk taker.   He also comes across unrealistic.   I like the guy but he’s not suited to our model.  

We need managers brave enough to give opportunities and to develop players.    

Just now, yellow_belly said:

I guess that you are a recent fan. We have done a lot better in the past. 

It wasn’t my quote! I was quoting Petrix in the post above!

8 minutes ago, Petriix said:

There's an unfortunate difference between sacking Smith and never having appointed him in the first place. There's a reason why, in our 120 year history, we've had our two most successful seasons in the past four years.

Webber is an architect of change when what we needed was continuity. You sadly can't recreate continuity with further change. 

2 most successful seasons? So qualifying for Europe, League Cup wins and the like were less successful? **** me, you are an idiot 🤣😡

Just now, Indy said:

It wasn’t my quote! I was quoting Petrix in the post above!

Apologies Indy. I stand corrected.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

We should clearly sack him. But does anyone trust Webber anymore to appoint his successor? The bloke has clearly lost the plot, drunk on his own ego to the point that he wouldn't know a good player or manager if it slapped him in the face half way up Everest.

If he climbs mountains as well as he's recruited managers and players this season, he wouldn't get half way up Gas Hill.

Exactly, sacking Smith just gives him another scapegoat.

Feel sorry for Smith, maybe his not the right guy but this squad are absolute garbage and that’s not his fault, plus any tiny green shoots have been injured in Idah, Omabamidele and Sargent.

2 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

The owners are the issue at this club

Agreed. Unfortunately.

I now strongly dislike Delia, I wish she would disappear and write her books (that nobody will buy)

• Like 1

We shouldn't sack him FULL STOP. You have to give him time to sort it out. However, I think Webber has backed himself into a corner and almost has to sack him. Once he sacked Farke he basically said the players were good enough and the manager wasn't. Smith hasn't changed that at all, so presumably the same theory applies? Without sacking him, Webber has to take the blame 100%. Will he do that and what does that mean for Farke? He was good enough all along? Webber needs to walk, not Smith.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Monty13 said:

Exactly, sacking Smith just gives him another scapegoat.

Feel sorry for Smith, maybe his not the right guy but this squad are absolute garbage and that’s not his fault, plus any tiny green shoots have been injured in Idah, Omabamidele and Sargent.

Any sympathy I had for Smith evaporated with his frankly idiotic team selections. Persisting with Gilmour when it's apparent to all how garbage he is, dropping our own player in Giannoulis (who had a run of games when he was one of our better players) to play a Man Utd player who proceeded to gift the opposition two goals in a 2-0 defeat and never subbing certain players no matter how atrociously they play.

He's had a difficult hand to play with, but he's played it like a total and utter amateur.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, The Real Buh said:

It’s not even that he’s a bad manager, he probably isnt

If you want to do anything with this club you need an injection of passion. He’s sat on the touch line looking like the fat controller. Nothing will change under him on the pitch.

Go and get Paul Warne. Just my opinion.

Quite a nice novelty to completely agree with you. Get rid, nothing good will come of this. 

5 minutes ago, yellow_belly said:

Agreed. Unfortunately.

I now strongly dislike Delia, I wish she would disappear and write her books (that nobody will buy)

Nobody buys her books?

Where have you been living?

• Haha 1

Just now, canarydan23 said:

Nobody buys her books?

Where have you been living?

I am talking about her new one that was rejected by 6 publishers. I believe she has sold 20m+ cookery books in the past.

1 minute ago, canarydan23 said:

Any sympathy I had for Smith evaporated with his frankly idiotic team selections. Persisting with Gilmour when it's apparent to all how garbage he is, dropping our own player in Giannoulis (who had a run of games when he was one of our better players) to play a Man Utd player who proceeded to gift the opposition two goals in a 2-0 defeat and never subbing certain players no matter how atrociously they play.

He's had a difficult hand to play with, but he's played it like a total and utter amateur.

That’s fair, not sure I 100% agree with your points but he definitely deserves criticism for making very little of the little we have.

8 minutes ago, yellow_belly said:

I am talking about her new one that was rejected by 6 publishers. I believe she has sold 20m+ cookery books in the past.

Oh, you mean the one that needed an emergency second run at the printers because the first one didn't satisfy demand.

Gotcha.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, percy varco said:

Smith out, Smith ou and anybody else at the culb called Smith out as well

What about Schmidt or Ferrari?

1 hour ago, The Real Buh said:

It’s not even that he’s a bad manager, he probably isnt

If you want to do anything with this club you need an injection of passion. He’s sat on the touch line looking like the fat controller. Nothing will change under him on the pitch.

Go and get Paul Warne. Just my opinion.

The bit about passion was a constant critisism of Farke in the early days.

I sit behind the away dugout and the amount of shouting at him to show some passion/fight etc grew and grew during that first season of his.

It wasn't Farkes style and it appears it isn't Smith's either. As Farke proved, it makes little to no difference to the performances and results on the pitch.

He needs the chance to have the squad and footballing philosopy his way.

Farke was given time to build HIS NCFC, why doesn't Smith deserve the same?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

That’s fair, not sure I 100% agree with your points but he definitely deserves criticism for making very little of the little we have.

I am not sure it is fair tbh, it smacks a lot of “the fans know better and are just unhappy he hasn’t done what we want”. 

At the end of the day Smith has given game time to nearly every player we have in the squad. He’s tried various formations and unfortunately  when we’ve found one that’s a bit better, often a player will get injured. I am not sure how much more he can try which would get anything more out of this squad - this is their level I think.

Williams has had a good season for us and one bad game doesn’t change that. Fans were crying out for Sorenson and he gives a pen away today. We seem to get fixated on players and ideas beyond reason or logic.

He deserves time to build his own team and to be able to start bringing in his own style instead of firefighting with this poor squad.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, yellow_belly said:

Agreed. Unfortunately.

She’s just a parody of the club and the club is becoming a parody in the premier league too. I live in an area where no one supports Norwich and hear good views as to why her (and MWJ) are the problem and then come on here to the same examples of clubs who have failed outweighing the ones who have succeeded. 
I am going against the bias. I have never been to a cosy dinner. This “family club” rubbish is just that. I want an ambitious owner who actually understands what it takes to compete in the prem.

Just now, Fiery Zac said:

The bit about passion was a constant critisism of Farke in the early days.

I sit behind the away dugout and the amount of shouting at him to show some passion/fight etc grew and grew during that first season of his.

It wasn't Farkes style and it appears it isn't Smith's either. As Farke proved, it makes little to no difference to the performances and results on the pitch.

He needs the chance to have the squad and footballing philosopy his way.

Farke was given time to build HIS NCFC, why doesn't Smith deserve the same?

Because he has already made a hash of it and has shown he is inept.

I dont understand why people stick up for him, his job was to keep us up. Not establish a legacy, not push for Europe, not bring through a golden generation... KEEP US IN THE PREM... he has failed in his job.

He was not even available when we fired Farke, Lampard / Knutsson / Gerard / whoever was first choice turned us down, Smith was available we signed him. He was not our man, he was the emergency pants sh1t signing.

He deserves his P45.

• Like 1

Just now, Jambomo said:

I am not sure it is fair tbh, it smacks a lot of “the fans know better and are just unhappy he hasn’t done what we want”. 

At the end of the day Smith has given game time to nearly every player we have in the squad. He’s tried various formations and unfortunately  when we’ve found one that’s a bit better, often a player will get injured. I am not sure how much more he can try which would get anything more out of this squad - this is their level I think.

Williams has had a good season for us and one bad game doesn’t change that. Fans were crying out for Sorenson and he gives a pen away today. We seem to get fixated on players and ideas beyond reason or logic.

He deserves time to build his own team and to be able to start bringing in his own style instead of firefighting with this poor squad.

Don’t disagree with the bold. 

I also don’t disagree with your points but I’m also not going to defend Smith or argue about how effective Smith has been in all of his choices. 

The fact remains he’s got very little out of a very poor squad, not saying there aren’t reasons or someone else could have done better but that’s the result. No one forced him to take the job.

I’m prepared to see him given a summer and a dozen games to prove the doubters wrong.

• Like 1

Most of these players probably don't want to be here anymore. It's like watching multiple versions of Fulham Vs Norwich all those years ago at Craven Cottage

• Like 2

Before the game Dean Smith sauntered onto the pitch with a mug of tea. A MUG of tea.

It sounds weird, but a guy who is drinking tea out of a mug pre-game? There’s something about that which turned on a switch in my mind and made me think “this guy ain’t the guy for us”

What manager have you ever seen standing on the touch line with a mug of tea? A water bottle, an energy drink maybe MAYBE a takeaway hot drinks cup. But a mug. A mug. What’s he got in there? Cuppa soup?

A mug

Edited by The Real Buh
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2