Sign in to follow this  
Jim Smith

Was the away end for the Villa game “sold out”

As I note our ticket office only took the lower tier and this a reduced allocation (for about the tenth time this season).

When those tickets went on sale there was no way of knowing we’d be dead and buried. Could have ended up being an important game. 

The upper tier on Saturday was completely empty unlike in the promotion season when it was packed to the rafters.

• Like 1

It wasn't sold out. I had an unexpected day off Saturday and could've got a ticket on friday when I looked. In the end getting there was an issue so didn't go.

Fair enough if t wasn’t sold out. Perhaps then when Dean Smith talks of seeing no apathy someone should point out to him that we’ve not taken such a small away support to Villa or any of the midlands clubs for a Saturday afternoon game in a long time!

I'm currently struggling to find excuses to make the effort to go to games, there's a lot of apathy in this corner of Buckinghamshire. 

Edited by Matt Juler

279631931_423643142902807_7656644199235509021_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_p720x720&_nc_cat=100&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=h_Ha8cli8cQAX_RZjv2&tn=TWW5Ib0lZWROFw4h&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-1.xx&oh=00_AT9hHI5naPdiny9BhlekzR1x-hTX8m1Ij7c8jgsU-sk7Nw&oe=6274A75F

279598437_423643139569474_7850289668982722300_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_p720x720&_nc_cat=101&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=aVoFu-lMyp8AX_gr5e1&tn=TWW5Ib0lZWROFw4h&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-2.xx&oh=00_AT8eEfpIEdu_38ouySqd6xZkh5Q0oi7_C8x2sV1ZMfbPvA&oe=62741DB4

Top photo our last visit to Villa Park and bottom photo this Saturday so no further explanation needed.

• Like 4

I won't be going to any more home games this season, let alone away games. Just don't see why I would waste my time. I Couldn't even find someone to take my two tickets to Newcastle. Serious Apathy around Norfolk, but as usual everyone in the club seems too oblivious to the atmosphere, or simply ignoring it!

• Like 1

Saw some Villa fans bemoaning that we ruined their 100% sell outs this season, and that we're the worst fanbase around

Edited by Ken Hairy
  • Haha 2

Match Pick selected for Tottenham thought last match would be a celebration, not to be.  can't be bothered to go £48 wasted.  If Match Picks next season will not bother.

1 hour ago, priceyrice said:

I won't be going to any more home games this season, let alone away games. Just don't see why I would waste my time. I Couldn't even find someone to take my two tickets to Newcastle. Serious Apathy around Norfolk, but as usual everyone in the club seems too oblivious to the atmosphere, or simply ignoring it!

The Cook has already got the money in the bank from season ticket sales so couldn't give a damn about the natives now (not that she ever has). That picture of (what seems) just a few hundred in the lower tier is truly appalling. It should frighten the club to the core but it won't. I said elsewhere that we are a club in serious decline. Many point to the strength of our squad and 'proven championship winners' therein. They are missing the point. Once apathy sets in and I mean really sets in, the downward momentum could spiral very quickly.     

10 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

At least everyone is now on the same page that the club have been right taking smaller allocations. Phew! 

You're  not very good at this game are you Duncano.?

Club leaves allocation as is..... mistake.

Club adjusts allocation to suit predicted attendance.....  bad mistake.

Its easy . Youll  get the hang of  it eventually. 

• Like 1

I’d imagine a reasonable number of fans have got bored of travelling hundreds of miles and wasting time and money to witness our team once again barely attempt to play football and get turned over like a tepid dog. And I don’t blame them one iota. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

At least everyone is now on the same page that the club have been right taking smaller allocations. Phew! 

Indeed. I wouldn't have wanted to go to Chelsea if I had known in advance that we would be so pathetic and lose 7-0.

Where is that Elvis Costello CD?

11 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

Saw some Villa fans bemoaning that we ruined their 100% sell outs this season, and that we're the worst fanbase around

We didn't though. If we only took half our allocation, then it was up to Villa to put the rest up for general sale, which they obviously didn't.

Still, any stick etc...

11 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

I don’t think they have been. Maybe for this game but that will be luck more than judgment. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

I don’t think they have been. Maybe for this game but that will be luck more than judgment. 

Ah tbe old 'lucky if we get it right'

Delias , Webbers/ insert name  here 's fault if we get it wrong. 

Not remotely predictable. 😇

Edited by wcorkcanary
  • Like 1

It would be interesting to know how many of those VIP tickets for Villa they were advertising a long time ago were actually sold?

Hopefully quite a few because on this occasion at least they wouldn't have been displacing fans paying the standard price. 

Living in the Midlands, I was hoping that there might still be some hope of premier league survival for the upcoming Leicester and Wolves games (how ridiculously optimistic!).

I was still contemplating going as at least it wont be a struggle to get a ticket but the idea of paying £50 for me and my son to go and watch a team full of players who didn't seem to care even when there was something to play for .. makes me think I may just save my money

2 hours ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

We didn't though. If we only took half our allocation, then it was up to Villa to put the rest up for general sale, which they obviously didn't.

Still, any stick etc...

Just a shame then that the upper tier is accessed via the visitors turnstiles in that case.

1 hour ago, essex canary said:

It would be interesting to know how many of those VIP tickets for Villa they were advertising a long time ago were actually sold?

Hopefully quite a few because on this occasion at least they wouldn't have been displacing fans paying the standard price. 

Nearer the game the club were advertising 4 for the price of 3 for the VIP trip and also did an auction for them.

3 hours ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

Still, any stick etc...

Don't think Villa can move their away section about like we can. 

Besides it was the Villa fans moaning about us not me, I'm passed caring. 

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

Nearer the game the club were advertising 4 for the price of 3 for the VIP trip and also did an auction for them.

I thought part of the idea was a better quality seat yet the upper tier is empty. Did the initiative totally blow out?

Downstairs wasn’t sold out either loads of seats around me were empty 

Edited by Bert

50 minutes ago, Bert said:

Downstairs wasn’t sold out either loads of seats around me were empty 

Probably a wise move not  to take full allocation then. Case rested.