Sign in to follow this  
chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Villa (PL/A) *****

Bless them, they played their hearts out today to avoid relegation, what an heroic performance they gave.

59 minutes ago, BigManInTheBarclay said:

Looking forward to Rotherham away and the many Spoons they have!

There is quite a good indie bar near the ground; last time Norwich fans took it over and had a great old knees up before the match.  Much better than a Spoons.

30 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Clear to me once we played our peers among the also rans and looked very second best.

Failure to get a recognised DMF made this almost a certainty.

I like to live in hope but you can't  buck reality.

What does chicken think about this? @chicken

Dean Smith on 5Live saying it was a good performance today and we didn't deserve to lose.

Hmm...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

Dean Smith on 5Live saying it was a good performance today and we didn't deserve to lose.

Hmm...

😂😂😂😂 Bless him, it was an OK performance in spells and Villa were just slightly less meh than we were. 

12 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Such a good point. I’d love to see chicken go at Ricardo for this, he’s been down in the dumps all season (and clearly proven correct as we are down with a whimper).

I bet he’s absolutely thrilled by the news today right???

Yeah, having a party tonight, may even stay up after 10pm.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, beanbag said:

Bless them, they played their hearts out today to avoid relegation, what an heroic performance they gave.

I assume you're talking about Burnley here

Some seem to think you are less of a supporter if you moan. And moaning isn't just slagging off. Its often remembering the statements made by club officials that instil hope and promise. Then when criticising those statements later are given multitude of excuses as to why we aren't succeeding. Obviously little Norwich is the bi-annual one, although never used when big Norwich beat little Rotherham etc. Fixtures was the initial one of course, this season. The usual, have to buy cheap etc, is a favourite and building for next season makes a few appearances.

If people lived in the now and accepted you are expected to compete at least, and this lack of competitiveness is what angers fans then there may be more understanding. But the usual lame excuses have worn too thin.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Been one of our best players this season and one of only a few who seems to care so not sure what you're on about

True, but win or lose today it is about building for next season.  Williams will not be here Dimi might.

1 hour ago, alex_ncfc said:

How are they trolls?!

There's a bit of a difference between knowing something is so obvious and inevitable than "aching for this moment"!

1 hour ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Which posters are you referring to then?

I think anyone who spends any time on here knows who they are, and yes it is clear that some have been looking forward to this in giddy anticipation. And before anyone suggest fans are turning on each other, I don't believe they are fans, well not of NCFC anyway.

That is not to defend the club in the face of what has been a very poor season, littered with mistakes. It is only to call out behaviours from a small number of posters. They know who they are.

OTBC

• Like 2

Just now, BigFish said:

I think anyone who spends any time on here knows who they are, and yes it is clear that some have been looking forward to this in giddy anticipation. And before anyone suggest fans are turning on each other, I don't believe they are fans, well not of NCFC anyway.

That is not to defend the club in the face of what has been a very poor season, littered with mistakes. It is only to call out behaviours from a small number of posters. They know who they are.

OTBC

I don't know who they are BF. Yes, some might react different but I don't believe they want us to lose or fail.

There are posters on this board (especially those who we only hear from at times like this) who seem to enjoy the club’s failures as it backs up their point of view. Then there are those who are anti our main owners and the way the club is run but who still manage to enjoy and celebrate our successes. That’s how I understand Chicken’s comment. Is it having a go at other City supporters, or just trolls on here who pretend to be supporters?

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Some seem to think you are less of a supporter if you moan. And moaning isn't just slagging off. Its often remembering the statements made by club officials that instil hope and promise. Then when criticising those statements later are given multitude of excuses as to why we aren't succeeding. Obviously little Norwich is the bi-annual one, although never used when big Norwich beat little Rotherham etc. Fixtures was the initial one of course, this season. The usual, have to buy cheap etc, is a favourite and building for next season makes a few appearances.

If people lived in the now and accepted you are expected to compete at least, and this lack of competitiveness is what angers fans then there may be more understanding. But the usual lame excuses have worn too thin.

Surely moaners are more fans than non moaners? Moaners clearly want better non moaners are happy as it is...... 😏😏😏

2 minutes ago, BigFish said:

OTBC

No one has been looking forward to it, blimey 😂

[Any sane] Norwich fans have been expecting it. And accepted it. For months and months. But not looking forward to it. There's a difference. 

Just because some posters on here ramble on like we've actually got a chance when we clearly never did all season (e.g - like "just winning our last 6 matches" as I saw someone saying the other week) doesn't mean those who are realistic have been looking forward to us going down.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ken Hairy said:

Surely moaners are more fans than non moaners? Moaners clearly want better non moaners are happy as it is...... 😏😏😏

No difference mate. I'm happy to praise when we do well and reserve the right to moan when not doing well. But some seem to think that is all some posters do. Thing is this is a forum and if somebody has an opinion that Delia is having a threesome with Ant and Dec, then that is up to them and doesn't automatic mean they dislike the club and want it to fail.

Edited by keelansgrandad

8 minutes ago, BigFish said:

OTBC

Just a few names maybe? 

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Just a few names maybe? 

Keith Scott, Big Vince maybe.........

(I wanted to avoid naming any, but the question won't go away otherwise. I am sure others can add more. For the record I wouldn't include you Midland, I think your opinions are usually wrong but you are claerly a fan)

1 minute ago, BigFish said:

(I wanted to avoid naming any, but the question won't go away otherwise. I am sure others can add more. For the record I wouldn't include you Midland, I think your opinions are usually wrong but you are claerly a fan)

Maybe they are WUMs?

3 minutes ago, BigFish said:

I'm not sure giving what are clearly parody accounts as your examples help yours and Chickens arguments much here. Yes we're not all as positive as Lakey, and some are more doom than others but every last poster on here that is not clearly a parody account are Norwich fans and always want success. 

To argue otherwise is a tad naive and nonsensical really. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Some think you're more of a supporter if you moan.  

Someone should invent a formula to measure  Fannyness.

2 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

I think you might be on shaky (see what I did there) ground with Fannyness Corkie.😉

Edited by Nuff Said
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Wasn't that a song by Ken Dodd?

1 hour ago, Nuff Said said:

There are posters on this board (especially those who we only hear from at times like this) who seem to enjoy the club’s failures as it backs up their point of view. Then there are those who are anti our main owners and the way the club is run but who still manage to enjoy and celebrate our successes. That’s how I understand Chicken’s comment. Is it having a go at other City supporters, or just trolls on here who pretend to be supporters?

How many posters though? Honestly I can’t really think of many trolls at all on here.

And the examples which chicken listed were posters who said ‘we were relegated in August’ etc etc which is exactly what some of the best posters on here also did (Ricardo).

2 hours ago, ricardo said:

Clear to me once we played our peers among the also rans and looked very second best.

Failure to get a recognised DMF made this almost a certainty.

I like to live in hope but you can't  buck reality.

Indeed. 

Two micro incidents today also instructive. 

It is inconceivable to me that no Norwich players screamed and tried to influence the referee when Byram was kicked in face heading for goal. 

It is also inconceivable to me that a few minutes later Dowell put in a nice ball across the 6 yard box behind the defensive line and our two attackers do not foul or lunge through the defenders in front of them to attempt to get to the ball.

The loss of Buendia, the failure to replace Skipp and the purchase of 2 x £10m wingers for a team destined to defend is bizarre, though the two incidents above cost nothing and are unfortunately relevant too. 

Parma  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

I'm not sure giving what are clearly parody accounts as your examples help yours and Chickens arguments much here. Yes we're not all as positive as Lakey, and some are more doom than others but every last poster on here that is not clearly a parody account are Norwich fans and always want success. 

To argue otherwise is a tad naive and nonsensical really. 

Well said 👍

• Like 1

1 minute ago, alex_ncfc said:

No, they said we stink the place out.

And we did.

No. They said we don't spend money... and suggested we make no effort to stay here.

And in either case, they admitted they were wrong.