Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Green Army

Time for the rebuild.

So, Who stays and who goes.

For me the midfield has to be addressed. It’s been our Achilles heel for too many seasons now. We need to recoup as much money as we can on the likes of Aaron’s, Zimmerman, McLean, Hernandez, Hugill and bring in 5 or 6 quality additions.

End of loan: Williams, Norman and Gilmour

Sell: Cantwell, McLean, Aaron’s, Zimmerman, Hernandez, Hugill, Sinani, Martin

Keep: Krul, Gunn, McGovern, Omobamidele,  Giannouils, Hanley, Byram, Mumba, McCallum, Sorenson, PLM, Rowe, Tzolis, Idah, Pukki, Rashicha, Placheta, Sargent.
Potential for Dennis and Gibbs to break through.

Buy: CB, 2 x CDM, CM, AM, ST/CF

1 hour ago, Yellow Green Army said:

For me the midfield has to be addressed. It’s been our Achilles heel for too many seasons now. We need to recoup as much money as we can on the likes of Aaron’s, Zimmerman, McLean, Hernandez, Hugill and bring in 5 or 6 quality additions.

Keep: Krul, Gunn, McGovern, Omobamidele,  Giannouils, Hanley, Byram, Mumba, McCallum, Sorenson, PLM, Rowe, Tzolis, Idah, Pukki, Rashicha, Placheta, Sargent.

Gunn Krul Mcgovern

Byram Giannoulis Mcallum 

Hanley Gibson Omobamidele

PLM McLean Sorensen

Tzolis Rashica, Rowe, Dowell

Idah Pukki Sargent

New RB, CB, CM, CM, 10, Winger

What's the point in a re-build when we don't have competent builders to do it? 

With this Webber debacle and impending departure, I really fear for the state of the squad at the start of next season. Anyone think Pukki wants to remain part of this **** show?

16 hours ago, Yellow Green Army said:

This makes no sense. Why sell Aarons ( apart from the fact he is the one major saleable asset) if he is willing to stay and he’s proved his loyalty and commitment. Why keep Placheta who is consistently poor? It would be much better to get rid and bring back Hernandez. Tzolis might be one for the future but we’ve seen nothing yet and could hopefully recoup some of the money we wasted. Is Giannoulis ever going to get to be anywhere near the player some fans think he could be? Ditto Sorensen. You are also being harsh on McClean who could once again do a decent job in the championship. What about players like Dowell and Gibson who appear on neither of your lists?

1 hour ago, Commonsense said:

This makes no sense. Why sell Aarons ( apart from the fact he is the one major saleable asset) if he is willing to stay and he’s proved his loyalty and commitment. Why keep Placheta who is consistently poor? It would be much better to get rid and bring back Hernandez. Tzolis might be one for the future but we’ve seen nothing yet and could hopefully recoup some of the money we wasted. Is Giannoulis ever going to get to be anywhere near the player some fans think he could be? Ditto Sorensen. You are also being harsh on McClean who could once again do a decent job in the championship. What about players like Dowell and Gibson who appear on neither of your lists?

Fact is, it’s become clear why Burnley were happy to sell Gibson. Yes in the Championship he was OK. But in the PL he was miles too slow in moving the ball.

He May beOK next season, but we need better back ups in case his best is past him.

6 hours ago, Commonsense said:

This makes a lot of sense😂

Why sell Aaron’s, because firstly we need the money to invest, secondly he will not fancy another season in the championship. Placheta is still very young, a full Polish international who will only get better and has pace in abundance.

Giannoulis again is a full international and a quality player who will do well in the Championship. He’s just been unfortunate that Williams has come in on loan and done so well. Needs a run of games.

McClean is good in the Championship but offers nothing in the premiership. Rangers were sniffing around a while back and I’d be tempted to let him leave and reinvest the money. £5 to £8 million was the price quoted I believe.

Dowell is ok but Gibson is to slow for the premier league and always has a mistake in him.

52 minutes ago, Yellow Green Army said:

Why sell Aaron’s, because firstly we need the money to invest, secondly he will not fancy another season in the championship. Placheta is still very young, a full Polish international who will only get better and has pace in abundance.

Giannoulis again is a full international and a quality player who will do well in the Championship. He’s just been unfortunate that Williams has come in on loan and done so well. Needs a run of games.

McClean is good in the Championship but offers nothing in the premiership. Rangers were sniffing around a while back and I’d be tempted to let him leave and reinvest the money. £5 to £8 million was the price quoted I believe.

Dowell is ok but Gibson is to slow for the premier league and always has a mistake in him.

People say how quick Placheta is, don't think I've ever seen him run past anyone.

51 minutes ago, Yellow Green Army said:

You got my wrong. I wasn’t saying we should or shouldn’t keep Gibson it was just    strange that a number of players appeared on neither list. Placheta may be young but he is not good enough. Onel is a far better option. Tzolis is not going to do it either. Since we will now be in the Championship keeping McClean has a value as he has proved himself effective at that level.

5 hours ago, Bradwell canary said:

Fact is, it’s become clear why Burnley were happy to sell Gibson. Yes in the Championship he was OK. But in the PL he was miles too slow in moving the ball.

He May beOK next season, but we need better back ups in case his best is past him.

The good news is he’s only on £40k plus a week and only cost £8m. 

37 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Our best hope is Boro go up via the Playoffs and they come I'm for him.

5 minutes ago, Move Klose said:

Our best hope is Boro go up via the Playoffs and they come I'm for him.

They’ll offer one Parmo and a bag of cheesy chips. 

I heard a rumour yesterday that Sorensen's family want him to return to Denmark as his career is stalling here and he's not happy.

Of course this rebuild would imply we can easily sell those players mentioned! There’s a slight flaw in that idea…..😉

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Commonsense said:

You got my wrong. I wasn’t saying we should or shouldn’t keep Gibson it was just    strange that a number of players appeared on neither list. Placheta may be young but he is not good enough. Onel is a far better option. Tzolis is not going to do it either. Since we will now be in the Championship keeping McClean has a value as he has proved himself effective at that level.

Agreed. He has no footballing intelligence and that much should be clear to anyone who has actually bothered to watch him. Another of the arrogant blokes 'astute' signings!!

9 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

Agreed. He has no footballing intelligence and that much should be clear to anyone who has actually bothered to watch him. Another of the arrogant blokes 'astute' signings!!

Doesn't seem like he has much of a footballing brain. I haven't seen 1 game where he's featured and thought, Placheta had a good game today.

15 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Probably the worst value player we have. Consistently gets himself into bad positions against opponents- can't tackle and is weak in the air.

No one in their right mind will take him at £40k a week so we're stuck with him.

On the plus side he was OK in the Championship last time and he has good passing stats. 

Not much change is needed for next season unless anyone is sold. The team will do well in the championship. However on a promotion a complete overhaul is needed.

The players who got us up deserve a chance in the premier League? Do they f***!  A fair few have had two now and proved they can't cut it. Yet we won't learn from our mistakes and it will be another season of failure. 

There are some very detailed answers to this question. Mine is much easier.

Of those recently in the first team squads (plus injured), keep Krul, Hanley, Pukki, Omobamidele, Idah and Rowe.

If the price was right I wouldn't mind too much if we lost any of the others.

Well if you believe what you read Paddy just said in the Pinkun Q&A that he expects Rashica to move on from what he's heard. Obviously as well as Aarons.

Shame as would've loved to see Rashica in the champ. Realistically what can we expect to get for him we paid just shy of £10m for him.

8 hours ago, Bonzo said:

Probably the worst value player we have. Consistently gets himself into bad positions against opponents- can't tackle and is weak in the air.

No one in their right mind will take him at £40k a week so we're stuck with him.

On the plus side he was OK in the Championship last time and he has good passing stats. 

The flaw in this statement is the idea that football clubs are consistently run by people in their right minds and that the market comes even close to accurately pricing players values or the value of their wages.

On 24/04/2022 at 10:57, Commonsense said:

Why sell Aarons ( apart from the fact he is the one major saleable asset) if he is willing to stay and he’s proved his loyalty and commitment.

If he were prepared to sign a new contract we could keep him, but I doubt he will, and if I were his agent I would advise him not to. If he won't, as I expect, we would be silly to let him run his contract down to the last year.

Smith's recent preference for Byram also suggests that he might want something different to Max as a full back, although things might be very different in the Championship.

I'd be surprised if he were here at the end of the summer window.

11 minutes ago, 1902 said:

The flaw in this statement is the idea that football clubs are consistently run by people in their right minds and that the market comes even close to accurately pricing players values or the value of their wages.

It's hard to criticise the Gibson deal, I thought it was one that would work out. Been in England squad, premier league experience, good age, comftable in the champ. For some reason it just hasn't happened this season. Even with iffy performances there's no way Zimmermann should be near a premier league squad.

1 minute ago, Badger said:

If he were prepared to sign a new contract we could keep him, but I doubt he will, and if I were his agent I would advise him not to. If he won't, as I expect, we would be silly to let him run his contract down to the last year.

Smith's recent preference for Byram also suggests that he might want something different to Max as a full back, although things might be very different in the Championship.

I'd be surprised if he were here at the end of the summer window.

What kind of fee Badger? £15m with lots of add ons for a guess. 

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

What kind of fee Badger? £15m with lots of add ons for a guess. 

Something in that region I'd guess - perhaps a bit more if there were a few clubs interested - Transfermarket suggests £19.8 million but I wouldn't put much faith in this. We've seen big clubs linked but never anything substantial so possibly just paper talk. He's 22 now and well down the list of England right backs so I be very pleasantly surprised if we got much more than 20 million with add ons.

23 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

I heard a rumour yesterday that Sorensen's family want him to return to Denmark as his career is stalling here and he's not happy.

It really is hard to understand why he hasn’t had more of a look in … it’s reached the stage where if they gave him a chance and he did well they’d look pretty stupid ….