Sign in to follow this  
Jim Smith

Could they be any more tone deaf?

This week we are treated to a pinkun exclusive outlining Stuarts extensive training schedule for his Everest trip including details of all the foreign trips he’s doing/going to do over the next year (which seem to add up to quite a lot of time off although also seems to imply that taking time off during the World Cup doesn’t really count).

Not really sure the club gets how the fans are feeling right now. Personally, I would prefer to see actions snd hear words about how they are going to sort out our shambles of a squad, not how our sporting director is going to be absent for large chunks of the year training to climb mountains. 

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

This week we are treated to a pinkun exclusive outlining Stuarts extensive training schedule for his Everest trip including details of all the foreign trips he’s doing/going to do over the next year (which seem to add up to quite a lot of time off although also seems to imply that taking time off during the World Cup doesn’t really count).

Not really sure the club gets how the fans are feeling right now. Personally, I would prefer to see actions snd hear words about how they are going to sort out our shambles of a squad, not how our sporting director is going to be absent for large chunks of the year training to climb mountains. 

This should get a few replies in peoples lunch breaks. 

It's probably due to all the jet noise......(this is for Hoggy, he's set me a challenge).....

• Haha 1

Webbo's taking time away from his employment primary task and climbing Everest?.....

Summit doesn't sit right?.....

• Haha 1

Just now, Mello Yello said:

It's probably due to all the jet noise......(this is for Hoggy, he's set me a challenge).....

We should reach the dizzy heights of finishing 20th again. 9 games to go, fight or flight time. 

The whole club has a big enough mountain to climb, perhaps he should be putting his back into that,  Still no one from the board seems interested so it's all down to the fans to show their frustrations, what a shambles! 

He’s done so much great work for the club in our prem seasons, he deserves to…‘ave a rest. 

1 hour ago, Jim Smith said:

The guy has failed miserably this season, that is not debatable, but we "reward" that failure with an opportunity for him to build his own foundation. If he want's to do that, I suggest he resigns & we appoint someone 100% focused on the job of turning this car crash of a season round.

Not a word about the challenges we now face or why he thinks it's failed... 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

Webbo's taking time away from his employment primary task and climbing Everest?.....

Summit doesn't sit right?.....

He is past his peak and I spoke to someone about Webber's efforts and he said "Him a liar".

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

This quote made me laugh 'if you make mistakes they can be very costly! ' then I realised it wasnt about his EPL transfer deals! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

The guy has failed miserably this season, that is not debatable, but we "reward" that failure with an opportunity for him to build his own foundation. If he want's to do that, I suggest he resigns & we appoint someone 100% focused on the job of turning this car crash of a season round.

Is he not allowed to do what he wants in his own time?

3 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

No one from the club is likely to come out and say we've failed until it's mathematically confirmed. And neither should they.

10 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

It's amazing how much people are invested on when someone takes their holiday and what they are going to do on their holiday.

Six mountains in five different countries this calendar year, so he's going considerably over the standard amount. 

I'm not against him doing it and I still think he's the right man for the job, but the timing of the challenge and the announcement itself isn't great when the club are struggling and he's coming under a lot of fire.

• Like 1

It’s all about timing, the club couldn’t be more off kilter atm. Zoe joining the cosy club and Webber mountain climbing…to borrow someone else’s quote… club is a joke. Never mind in the safe hands of N A when he’s away. Lovely, just need a job for Gunny now😉

1 minute ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Six mountains in five different countries this calendar year, so he's going considerably over the standard amount. 

I'm not against him doing it and I still think he's the right man for the job, but the timing of the challenge and the announcement itself isn't great when the club are struggling and he's coming under a lot of fire.

How much holiday is his standard amount? It says they are planned events so it must be possible to ensure he fits it into his allowance.

2 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

The article says he's using his time off (holiday).

Lot of holiday in one year, lucky man.

So he was away in January during the last transfer window and will be away in June during the next.

He's better off arranging these trips when the transfer windows are shut. Although some might say judging by his record last summer, he can take all the time he needs!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

The article says he's using his time off (holiday).

image.png.0493c721146f9a46f357d4f34df3b165.png

It say time off - not sure where it says holiday though

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

So he was away in January during the last transfer window and will be away in June during the next.

He's better off arranging these trips when the transfer windows are shut. Although some might say judging by his record last summer, he can take all the time he needs!

There were no plans to do anything during the January transfer window and contracts end on 30th June so probably not much going on then.

3 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

How much holiday do you get?

30 days but including bank holidays. The number around which most people in the U.K. get I imagine. Not enough to do all this.

Edited by Monty13

7 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

How much holiday is his standard amount? It says they are planned events so it must be possible to ensure he fits it into his allowance.

I don't know about Webber's specifically, but most people get the statutory 5.6 weeks (28 days). 

Webber won't be able to climb six mountains, in five separate trips on four different continents, in that time. 

I'm not begrudging him doing it, but the timing will attract criticism.

Edited by Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man