Sign in to follow this  
Satriales

Delia on Five Live this afternoon

On Nihal's show which starts at 1pm.

I think she is on to talk about her book, but Nihal is a big football fan, wonder if he will ask her any NCFC related questions. Well, unless he has been asked by her not to!

Did anyone catch this? What did she say?

I bet she said she'll never sell to anyone ever and that there is some kind of succession plan that now includes Tom's kid and that the legacy will continue for at least another 75 years. And she hates foreigners. And loves Jeremy Corbyn. And Stalin.

Or something. 

Edited by Duncan Edwards
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Did anyone catch this? What did she say?

I bet she said she'll never sell to anyone ever and that there is some kind of succession plan that now includes Tom's kid and that the legacy will continue for at least another 75 years. And she hastes foreigners. And loves Jeremy Corbyn. And Stalin.

Or something. 

https://www.google.com/search?q=bbc+sounds+nihal&rlz=1CARGFB_enGB924GB924&oq=bbc+sounds+nihal&aqs=chrome..69i57.6551j0j15&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

It's on BBC Sounds.

The bit about how she gets her best ideas whilst jet washing her patio was interesting.

The latest succession plan is much better thought out than the previous ideas, looks like they've found a solution that will keep everyone happy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mello Yello said:

Washing her jet on the patio.....

Private Jet Valet and Detailing - Jet Wash

And to think it runs on nothing but grass and water! no carbon footprint for our Delia 😉

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

For those of you who missed it she is on again tomorrow night , this time on BBC Look East being interviewed by Susie Fowler Watt.

3 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

https://www.google.com/search?q=bbc+sounds+nihal&rlz=1CARGFB_enGB924GB924&oq=bbc+sounds+nihal&aqs=chrome..69i57.6551j0j15&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

It's on BBC Sounds.

The bit about how she gets her best ideas whilst jet washing her patio was interesting.

The latest succession plan is much better thought out than the previous ideas, looks like they've found a solution that will keep everyone happy.

Well I've just listened to the whole interview and unless there was a follow up part later in the show there was nil reference to NCFC or 'the latest succession plan'. Perhaps you would care to enlighten us and provide point of reference?? 

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

For those of you who missed it she is on again tomorrow night , this time on BBC Look East being interviewed by Susie Fowler Watt.

Fawlty Towers has always made me read her name as Susie Flower Tw4t...

image.jpeg.146aa359826f9284e78e526b5178708d.jpeg

Edited by Drazen Muzinic
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

Well I've just listened to the whole interview and unless there was a follow up part later in the show there was nil reference to NCFC or 'the latest succession plan'. Perhaps you would care to enlighten us and provide point of reference?? 

Outside of Norfolk (and exiles) I don't think that there are many people who care about NCFC and most people probably don't even realise that she is our owner.

16 minutes ago, Badger said:

Outside of Norfolk (and exiles) I don't think that there are many people who care about NCFC and most people probably don't even realise that she is our owner.

Delia Smith Lets Be Havin You GIF - Delia Smith Lets Be Havin You Where Are  You - Discover & Share GIFs..Yeah, Delia wears a Romulan Cloaking Device...

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Badger said:

No, while I do think it's fair to say that while there probably are a lot of people (more so  the airchair top 6 'fans'..) that don't care about us there's no doubt many are aware of delia.. If only for her halftime drunken antics

1 hour ago, Badger said:

Joint majority owner... 

1 hour ago, Badger said:

That isn't really true.

If you talk to most people with any remote interest in football and mention Norwich City the first thing you'll get is some form of Delia reference.

1 hour ago, Badger said:

There are plenty of people who realise her role at the club from outside of Norfolk

1 hour ago, king canary said:

That isn't really true.

If you talk to most people with any remote interest in football and mention Norwich City the first thing you'll get is some form of Delia reference.

But most people don't have any interest in football. 

Outside Norfolk, people know Delia Smith because she's a cook, not a football shareholder.

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

No, while I do think it's fair to say that while there probably are a lot of people (more so  the airchair top 6 'fans'..) that don't care about us there's no doubt many are aware of delia.. If only for her halftime drunken antics

They wouldn't even have watched it if they're not interested in football. Strange as it might seem most people aren't.

Just now, Badger said:

They wouldn't even have watched it if they're not interested in football. Strange as it might seem most people aren't.

Delia Smith combines cooking with football in latest EE ad | Campaign US..."Kevin, apparently nobody knows me outside o' Norfolk?.....

5 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

Delia Smith combines cooking with football in latest EE ad | Campaign US..."Kevin, apparently nobody knows me outside o' Norfolk?.....

Millions of people know her outside Norfolk as a cook, not a football fan. 

1 minute ago, Badger said:

Millions of people know her outside Norfolk as a cook, not a football fan. 

If you're gonna dig yourself into a hole may I suggest you invest in a JCB?.....

Go get yourself to bed I'm sure you'll have another a long day on here tomorrow.....

1 hour ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

There are plenty of people who realise her role at the club from outside of Norfolk

I'm sure there are many who know of her interest in City, but the vast majority of those will be football fans.

Most people have little interest in football and wouldn't even dream of watching it on TV. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

Go get yourself to bed I'm sure you'll have another a long day on here tomorrow.....

I need to, I'm still 10,000 posts behind you.

13 hours ago, yellowrider120 said:

Sorry, I thought the bit about 'looks like they've found a solution that will keep everyone happy.' was the clue that I wasn't being serious. A bit like the concept of Delia jet washing her patio.

16 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Fortunately i had a date with a Karcher and my patio.

Hoping to get mine done this weekend... it's my favourite job of the year. So satisfying! 

13 hours ago, Badger said:

@badger I see eye to eye on most things with you but that is a shockingly wrong statement.  The only thing I ever get when meeting people of all persuasions when it gets round to footie and supporting NCFC is a reference straight away to Delia and "let's be 'aving ya!"  If you don't get similar response you must live in a place with no modern media whatsoever, or more shockingly never meet new people and discuss football!

2 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

@badger I see eye to eye on most things with you but that is a shockingly wrong statement.  The only thing I ever get when meeting people of all persuasions when it gets round to footie and supporting NCFC is a reference straight away to Delia and "let's be 'aving ya!"  If you don't get similar response you must live in a place with no modern media whatsoever, or more shockingly never meet new people and discuss football!

The clue there is you refer to talking about footie: most people don't! Of course if they talk to you about Norwich City they will do, but most people I knew outside the "football bubble" will know Delia Smith as a celebrity chef + Cook book author.

That's why the 5 live interview didn't ask her about Norwich City - their audience doesn't care! They know her for food. 

11 hours ago, Badger said:

I need to, I'm still 10,000 posts behind you.

Best you crack on then Brockio...At your current persistent posting rate it shouldn't take you too long...Just keep them posts short and to the point (and maybe throw in a few pickachewers as they can paint a 1,000 wurdz)....It's taken me the best part of 2 decades to amass my candour, literary splendour and topical posts for all to disagree, ignore and despise on 'ere on this 'ere forum....Some sad sacks have notched up my post count and beyond just on the Wah Wah! Brexit thread and other political non footy threads alone!....How do they find the time?....I mean I've been up early, showered, shaved, took the dog for a drag, had brecky, then washed the rowdy audi to remove that sand from afar (not yarmuff)...Them joys of semi-retirement eh an' still years away from my state pension.... 

Anyway stop badgering me and get them keyboard paws an' claws on overtime....Catcha Laters!.....I'm off to attack the garden for a while....