cambridgeshire canary

So is Putin going to invade Ukraine anytime soon or..?

16 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

The skies over my way (South Norfolk) have been noisy as hell for days, today they were largely silent. Training and manoeuvres complete. Just hope this doesn't get silly.

Merlin helicopters flying low over us for the past couple of days from RNAS Culdrose. Practising looking for Russian submarines off Newquay. In case they launch and do millions of pounds of improvements.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, keelansgrandad said:

Merlin helicopters flying low over us for the past couple of days from RNAS Culdrose. Practising looking for Russian submarines off Newquay. In case they launch and do millions of pounds of improvements.

Them Ruskies come ashore at night for a trip to Rick Stein's restaurant at Padstow. Yo heave ho.

• Haha 1

Here's how it will start. Who'd have guessed they would use the oldest trick in the book?

Russian special forces spotted in Ukraine, setting up a false flag operation that they will portray as a Ukranian attack on Russia, according to UK armed forces minister James Heappey.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/2022/01/25/russia-succeeding-sowing-panic-ukraine-says-top-security-official/

Edited by ricardo

21 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Them Ruskies come ashore at night for a trip to Rick Stein's restaurant at Padstow. Yo heave ho.

Not the Fishermen's Friends. The Volga Boat Song echoing around Port Isaac.

• Haha 1

On 25/01/2022 at 12:37, ricardo said:

Here's how it will start. Who'd have guessed they would use the oldest trick in the book?

Russian special forces spotted in Ukraine, setting up a false flag operation that they will portray as a Ukranian attack on Russia, according to UK armed forces minister James Heappey.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/2022/01/25/russia-succeeding-sowing-panic-ukraine-says-top-security-official/

Trust the Torygraph to get something that actually provides evidence. He or she said, five minutes of lies by our next PM Liz Thrush on Radio 4 Today. Meanwhile the NATO attack dogs are getting their sausages delivered to Ukraine, tons or arms,  'presents according to Vladimir Klitscko,' ships steaming towards the Baltic/Black sea and much blow hearts spouting into BBC mics.

Just because NATO says that the annual winter manouver's will end in an attack on a non NATO country full of **** worshipers that we must protect, does not mean it will actually happen. NATO is not united in its actions and 'saving Boris' ability to carry on with stealth partying, is not worth going to war with Russia.

If we do such foolish thing, we must not be surprised to get hit in return. If we not attacking Donbass, with jihadies child soldiers and or mercenaries on high salaries, at least we can claim to have successfully stopped an invasion by word of mouthy Thrush.

War is by far the worst climate destruction we could have ever invented and I will not shed crocodile tears for neo ****'s in Ukraine, which is governed by a coup d'etat menace since Maidan. Ukraine is part of the Russian influence sphere and NATO should keep to its promises to ' not expand into eastern Europe by one inch'.

Of course Cuba wasn't being fair by allowing Russian missiles on its soil but its OK for NATO to be on the Russian borders.

Not sticking up for Russia particularly but just outlining the hypocrisy from the West as much as anywhere.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Of course Cuba wasn't being fair by allowing Russian missiles on its soil but its OK for NATO to be on the Russian borders.

Not sticking up for Russia particularly but just outlining the hypocrisy from the West as much as anywhere.

As someone with first had experience of 1970’s Prague under Russian rule, I have little love for Russia of old and as a modern person, I had hoped that we learned from the 90’s onwards that we don’t need hard borders. Now we’re back to square 1 and I agree with you KG, the expansion of NATO has pushed a very hard barrier into Russian back yard. Not forgetting that Ukraine itself is bitterly divided on pro Russia / West! It’s not clear cut as some think!

The reality is no country should feel the need to arm themselves, no country should feel the need to base their troops in other’s countries, the US under the umbrella of NATO controls the globe, the only two countries keeping them in check is China & Russia! So question is who’s really the aggressor on a global scale? Imagine if Hawaii decided that it wanted free from the US how would the US react? Given the strategic base they have there!

****e situation and in the mix are three old men with questionable sanity! I don’t think we ever been so close to war because of three leaders who can’t be trusted!

Edited by Indy

29 minutes ago, Van wink said:

I'm sure the 5000 Helmets sent by Germany will be well received

Helmut Kohl by any chance?

3 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

A few from the Pinkun we could send them.

There's 17.4 million of them I'm willing to get rid of. 

Anyway, Putin is just testing how well his plan has gone. Has he managed to divide the West enough to cause permanent fractures?

So long as we stay united hopefully we can see the bald **** off. 

Liz Truss about to announce tough new sanctions on Russia.

Tennis with Johnson reduced from 5 sets to 3.

Karaoke with Therese Coffey reduced to 15 minutes from 30.

Monopoly with Rishi Sunak, Russians must bring cash.

It is difficult to assess Putin's real aims over this issue. For sure he has every right to be wary of the Ukranine assuming closer ties with NATO, but whether he wants amother slice of the (ethnic Russian) part of that country or full invasion is never likely to be clear.

A full invasion would seem highly unlikely as it is fraught with the kind dangers that even Putin's Russia would have problems containing. Nevertheless he already has blood on his hands and with the break of of the old USSR being to Putin what Versailles was to Hitler, one can never quite know the mind-set of such dictators.

I suppose it is form to threaten Russia with sanctions and for the West to offer what military balance to Ukraine that they are able to. We are decades away from Vietnam though and besides there's no comparison, especially as this is seen by the Kremlin as more Russian incursion into 'Russia' than communist incursion into South-East Asia. The West might view it differently.

Such expansion is very, very popular in Russia, nevertheless.

Having read most of the works of Mikhail Sholokhov twice over I became fixated myself with the author's own (literary) fixation with the river Don to the extent that I once purposely took myself briefly to the region of his birthplace and Rostov-on-Don, armed with a young lady student guide and translator. I didn't like it at all. Having previouly had a very high opinion of Russians from visiting St. Petersburg these southern Russians were clealy a different breed. Perhaps I picked the wrong bar but even then (over a decade ago) some hostility towards an independent Ukraine (nearly 20% ethnic Russian) and especially those borderland parts with virtually 100% Russians needed to be expressed to this Englishman with a beer in his hand and who briefly represented the West.

To the point. Why is Johnson blundering in there? If he cannot understand his own covid rules he has no chance of comprehending this complex situation, whilst Putin will surely need some face saver from the whole ****e-show as he has committed so much. Overmuch aggression might push him to beyond the brink..

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

It is difficult to assess Putin's real aims over this issue. For sure he has every right to be wary of the Ukranine assuming closer ties with NATO, but whether he wants amother slice of the (ethnic Russian) part of that country or full invasion is never likely to be clear.

A full invasion would seem highly unlikely as it is fraught with the kind dangers that even Putin's Russia would have problems containing. Nevertheless he already has blood on his hands and with the break of of the old USSR being to Putin what Versailles was to Hitler, one can never quite know the mind-set of such dictators.

I suppose it is form to threaten Russia with sanctions and for the West to offer what military balance to Ukraine that they are able to. We are decades away from Vietnam though and besides there's no comparison, especially as this is seen by the Kremlin as more Russian incursion into 'Russia' than communist incursion into South-East Asia. The West might view it differently.

Such expansion is very, very popular in Russia, nevertheless.

Having read most of the works of Mikhail Sholokhov twice over I became fixated myself with the author's own (literary) fixation with the river Don to the extent that I once purposely took myself briefly to the region of his birthplace and Rostov-on-Don, armed with a young lady student guide and translator. I didn't like it at all. Having previouly had a very high opinion of Russians from visiting St. Petersburg these southern Russians were clealy a different breed. Perhaps I picked the wrong bar but even then (over a decade ago) some hostility towards an independent Ukraine (nearly 20% ethnic Russian) and especially those borderland parts with virtually 100% Russians needed to be expressed to this Englishman with a beer in his hand and who briefly represented the West.

To the point. Why is Johnson blundering in there? If he cannot understand his own covid rules he has no chance of comprehending this complex situation, whilst Putin will surely need some face saver from the whole ****e-show as he has committed so much. Overmuch aggression might push him to beyond the brink..

My experience of people all over the world (including cold war Russians) is that we're actually much the same. There are the poorly educated 'nationalistic' people in every country which are easily manipulated by some into us and them - and then there are others more thoughtful and able to think through and past such prejudices. It's all a bit like changing or renouncing a religion which you've been spoon fed since birth.

Putin is no different to the other breed of leader we are experiencing. It isn't your fault its theirs and I want to raise your awareness of the rest of the world out to get us. MAGA, Brexit, Crimea and particularly the emergence of China as the real world superpower have changed politics to nationalism.

You either have to have absolutely no unrest in your nation or create that unrest when you are in a spot. Ratings, protests, petitions are not acceptable.

On 01/02/2022 at 17:45, keelansgrandad said:

Putin is no different to the other breed of leader we are experiencing. It isn't your fault its theirs and I want to raise your awareness of the rest of the world out to get us. MAGA, Brexit, Crimea and particularly the emergence of China as the real world superpower have changed politics to nationalism.

You either have to have absolutely no unrest in your nation or create that unrest when you are in a spot. Ratings, protests, petitions are not acceptable.

No…. Seeeriously…. wha? I’ve read it 3 times

On 30/01/2022 at 12:58, A Load of Squit said:

Liz Truss about to announce tough new sanctions on Russia.

Tennis with Johnson reduced from 5 sets to 3.

Karaoke with Therese Coffey reduced to 15 minutes from 30.

Monopoly with Rishi Sunak, Russians must bring cash.

I see they are still allowing Russians to buy a peerage, things aren't that bad yet.

14 hours ago, Foxy2600 said:

No…. Seeeriously…. wha? I’ve read it 3 times

And still don't understand it? Shame. Maybe you don't want to.

47 minutes ago, nevermind, neoliberalism has had it said:

Yes as are the old short range missiles with a use by date. I am very happy that Germany does not stoop to this Russo phobic hysteria and war gauding.

I’m pleased that you are pleased and I’m sure Mr Putin is too 

4 hours ago, nevermind, neoliberalism has had it said:

Yes as are the old short range missiles with a use by date. I am very happy that Germany does not stoop to this Russo phobic hysteria and war gauding.

I'm a little concerned that missiles come with a use by date.

When you go and asked on any social media network as to were the evidence is off troops amassing, you get a pounced upon and derided by some pro western trolls with an IQ that belies the words they can must.

This is by John Helmer quoting the 'Spanish papers', i.e. Biden and Blinkens long term plan to have a go at Russia, off course, not from their soil, but that of other nations who, for the power of money, are prepared to host US bases and missiles.

The west has war on its mind as their societies are slowly falling apart, the last term actions of selfish psycho's who are crap at diplomacy and bereft of ideas. 

http://johnhelmer.net/blinkens-booby-traps-how-the-us-propaganda-paper-released-in-madrid-proposes-to-go-to-war-with-russia-while-claiming-to-do-the-opposite/#more-47478

For anyone who is denying that we are going blindly into a cold war, at a stage akin to the Czech crisis during the 70's, see Russias response to NATo's attack dog policies and expansion, there are two who can play this game.

https://www.rt.com/russia/547417-putin-military-plans-cuba/

Seeing the news tonight I think it's time to parachute in our our shock 'Stop the War' troops led by Corbyn. Perhaps he can have devastating hot cup of tea with Putin as a deferent.

More seriously it looks worrying and I suspect Pugin can't or won't back down. Will the west blink?  A Russian push down through western Ukraine to Moldova and the black sea to encircle and isolate Ukraine?