cambridgeshire canary

So is Putin going to invade Ukraine anytime soon or..?

On 15/02/2022 at 10:01, Well b back said:

I see reports emerging that Russia are beginning to withdraw from the Ukraine.

Probably means things are at their most dangerous WBB

On 15/02/2022 at 10:01, Well b back said:

I see reports emerging that Russia are beginning to withdraw from the Ukraine.

They've  been rubbished now

• Like 1

16 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

They've  been rubbished now

I think Russia is going to invade: The level of disinformation where lies over troop movements become so blatant almost always precede war. 

• Like 1

On 26/01/2022 at 14:37, keelansgrandad said:

Of course Cuba wasn't being fair by allowing Russian missiles on its soil but its OK for NATO to be on the Russian borders.

Not sticking up for Russia particularly but just outlining the hypocrisy from the West as much as anywhere.

NATO is a treaty that guarantees mutual defence if any one member is attacked. All countries who are members are sovereign nations who have chosen to join of their own volition; Russia has no right to attempt to dictate to its sovereign neighbours what policies they adopt with regard to a passive mutual defence treaty. If anything, Russia's aggression towards Ukraine underlines why it's very reasonable for Russia's neighbours to want to be NATO members. 

In contrast, moving nuclear missiles into close proximity to a superpower is a clear and obvious threat. 

Speaking of nuclear missiles though, Russia is doing us a roundabout favour in making an example of Ukraine regarding what happens to countries that give up nuclear weapons in exchange for security assurances from Russia by way of international treaty. 

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

3 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Speaking of nuclear missiles though, Russia is doing us a roundabout favour in making an example of Ukraine regarding what happens to countries that give up nuclear weapons in exchange for security assurances from Russia by way of international treaty. 

Yes - Was it a Ukrainian general who made that very point. Third largest stockpile at the breakup of the USSR.

Very very obvious why smaller powers (good or bad) strive for nuclear weapons to avoid such 'blackmail' as Ukraine now suffers from.

Edited by Yellow Fever
  • Like 1

Foreign Secretary Liz Truss has arrived in Kyiv, she will make a speech and do a press conference this afternoon

I have in my hand a piece of paper which bears my signature and that of Herr Hitl'...........

Oh no! wrong piece of paper.

6 hours ago, Yellow Fever said:

Yes - Was it a Ukrainian general who made that very point. Third largest stockpile at the breakup of the USSR.

Very very obvious why smaller powers (good or bad) strive for nuclear weapons to avoid such 'blackmail' as Ukraine now suffers from.

Only reason North Korea has not been invaded like Afghanistan is beacause they have nukes. There's an example.

3 hours ago, ricardo said:

Foreign Secretary Liz Truss has arrived in Kyiv, she will make a speech and do a press conference this afternoon

I have in my hand a piece of paper which bears my signature and that of Herr Hitl'...........

Oh no! wrong piece of paper.

Very fortunate that Neville Chamberlain looked like Jeremy Irons.

4 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Very fortunate that Neville Chamberlain looked like Jeremy Irons.

I thought he took the part quite well.

Historically the 30's were a very interesting period. I can recommend  "Six Minutes in May" by Nicholas Shakespeare as a very readable account of the Munich agreement and lead up to WW2.

6 minutes ago, ricardo said:

I thought he took the part quite well.

Historically the 30's were a very interesting period. I can recommend  "Six Minutes in May" by Nicholas Shakespeare as a very readable account of the Munich agreement and lead up to WW2.

Not seen that one but I did read one about the Phoney War a few years back (can't remember the author) but it was very revealing about the way the public were so complacent and it was basically Churchill and nobody else who believed the real war was coming.

58 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Not seen that one but I did read one about the Phoney War a few years back (can't remember the author) but it was very revealing about the way the public were so complacent and it was basically Churchill and nobody else who believed the real war was coming.

I think the generation that experienced WW1 found it difficult to accept that anyone would want a replay.

34 minutes ago, ricardo said:

I think the generation that experienced WW1 found it difficult to accept that anyone would want a replay.

And to get drawn against the Germans again

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, keelansgrandad said:

And to get drawn against the Germans again

Yeah, definitely a rigged draw. We never get an easy one.

On 14/02/2022 at 17:33, Yellow Fever said:

Actually RTB the point is you both leap to unlikely 'conspiracy' theories to bolster your narrative as opposed to the more boring honest truth. Then when its pointed out to you, as all such conspiracy theorists do, run or claim to some 'higher' wisdom or knowledge. After all its all part and parcel of the deception. Just dig a deeper hole.

For you its Trump won the election or Covid is a lab leak.

For Nevermind it's some sort of misunderstanding of the Russians and that Putin is really a nice guy. I guess Salisbury was a false flag and the 130,000 troop on the border are just have having a spring camping trip for R&R. 

Frankly you're both cut from the same cloth.

It is not conspiracy theory to say that Ukrain has amassed 130.000 men near and around Donbass, or that they have been shelling it for the last 8 years, in contravention to Minsk 1 and 2.

Here is the evidence, daily recorded by the OSCE, Organisation for Security in Central Europe, should you recognise it, the real reason for Russias concerns.

https://www.osce.org/ukraine-smm/reports.

You seem to have swallowed the Salisbury conspiracy hook line and sinker and have no idea of the historic addiction the English and Americans have with Russia nd its resources.

1 hour ago, nevermind, neoliberalism has had it said:

It is not conspiracy theory to say that Ukrain has amassed 130.000 men near and around Donbass, or that they have been shelling it for the last 8 years, in contravention to Minsk 1 and 2.

Here is the evidence, daily recorded by the OSCE, Organisation for Security in Central Europe, should you recognise it, the real reason for Russias concerns.

https://www.osce.org/ukraine-smm/reports.

You seem to have swallowed the Salisbury conspiracy hook line and sinker and have no idea of the historic addiction the English and Americans have with Russia nd its resources.

I have no misconceptions about Russia - I indeed have Russian friends and colleagues (you remind me to email a company in Moscow) and as professional people we can often talk politics or indeed football (Farke) without the nationalistic bombast. That's distinct from Putin, his oligarchy and its aims.

However most things aren't black and white as you note - Crimea for instance we can all see had a Russian background and was only attached to Ukraine in the 20th century. But Ukraine is an independent country now. It is not part of Russia and cannot be further annexed, invaded or indeed bullied and that includes the Donetsk region. No more little green men.

The real question you have to ask yourself is why do all the countries around Russia with free thinking governments want to break away from Putin's malign influence and join western clubs (the EU if not NATO). Even Finland and Sweden are now thinking it might be time to join NATO for self preservation.  I might hope that one day even Russia will join the EU/Nato - it was indeed floated in the past but rebuffed by the USA - probably a mistake. 

33 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

I have no misconceptions about Russia - I indeed have Russian friends and colleagues (you remind me to email a company in Moscow) and as professional people we can often talk politics or indeed football (Farke) without the nationalistic bombast. That's distinct from Putin, his oligarchy and its aims.

However most things aren't black and white as you note - Crimea for instance we can all see had a Russian background and was only attached to Ukraine in the 20th century. But Ukraine is an independent country now. It is not part of Russia and cannot be further annexed, invaded or indeed bullied and that includes the Donetsk region. No more little green men.

The real question you have to ask yourself is why do all the countries around Russia with free thinking governments want to break away from Putin's malign influence and join western clubs (the EU if not NATO). Even Finland and Sweden are now thinking it might be time to join NATO for self preservation.  I might hope that one day even Russia will join the EU/Nato - it was indeed floated in the past but rebuffed by the USA - probably a mistake. 

Probably Halliburton who decided the world must not have peace.

32 minutes ago, ricardo said:

False Flag attacks begin.

They're all a bit half-arsed. Either they're rubbish, they don't care or they don't realise how cynical we've all become.

19 minutes ago, Herman said:

They're all a bit half-arsed. Either they're rubbish, they don't care or they don't realise how cynical we've all become.

Those Yank drones are are still flying all over Ukraine (see Flight Radar) and they are constantly informing Kiev so they can release the info before the Russians can react. Puts Putin in a bind when claiming its Ukraine wot started it. It will either kick off this weekend or not at all IMO.

1 hour ago, Herman said:

1 hour ago, ricardo said:

Those Yank drones are are still flying all over Ukraine (see Flight Radar) and they are constantly informing Kiev so they can release the info before the Russians can react. Puts Putin in a bind when claiming its Ukraine wot started it. It will either kick off this weekend or not at all IMO.

The false flag is not for us. It's for Putins domestic audience.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

They will believe whatever he says. For the rest of the world he needs to show justification for any advance into Ukraine.

32 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

Just so

Disinformation.jpg

40 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

I'd forgotten about them.😀