Sign in to follow this  
 Badger

Is this the worst, most biased commentary of all time?

I suppose we had a Norwich supporting presenter to be fair but then they even managed to find a geordie ref to form part of the team!

Had no problem at all with the commentary . Rightly slaughtered Clarke and although clearly magcentric thought he gave us a fair hearing . Also said he was disappointed at our performance (as we all were) because he had been impressed with our recent form.

19 hours ago, Badger said:

I guess that's an ungraceful way of admitting that you're wrong. 😳

Hello Badger.

No it's not, but it's not worth arguing over. It was ungraceful. I apologise for that. A heat of the moment reaction. Please forgive me.

OTBC

• Like 1

I thought he was very honest and only commented on our lack of performance where it was utterly slow and clueless. 
Of course he’s Newcastle through and through, had Holty been commenting I’m sure he’d refer to Norwich as his team the same.

What amused me about Shearer was that after we scored he went very quiet for quite a long time.

To be fair last year we saw many TV games with local commentators hone and away, and they were generally much better in all respects than Shearer, who never said anything that wasn’t obvious to anyone watching and was cringingly biased towards Newcastle.

22 hours ago, Greavsy said:

An extra H for hilarious. 

Why do you two continuously follow @FenwayFrank around and make stupid snide comments on everything and anything he posts? Who cares about his spelling of a referee surname that was probably due to autocorrect?

Most people seem to let it pass without comment but its really coming across like primary-school level bullying.

• Like 2

Most biased commentary I heard was in 1995 when Man United scored a goal against Bolton, who were struggling and bottom of the league, yet the Sky commentator went on as if they were scoring against someone fantastic. It just went “Beautiful!, beautiful!, beautiful!”, over and over while the passing was being done, only to tell it really loud over and over than previously when the goal was scored.

It made me try to convince the family to cancel the Sky subscription once and for all, only to get rid of it because dad couldn’t afford the increase. Although Amazon comes close for being almost as bad, it’s not at the stage I want to get rid as of yet. You’re supposed to be neutral as a commentator, that remark on Prime last night was unprofessional, but that fanboy effort from Sky back in 1995 was just beyond.

I enjoyed the commentary. It was funny to hear shearer getting annoyed with how bad his team was. He was honest about Norwich too. We we poor and should've taken more advantage of the sending off. 

16 hours ago, hogesar said:

Why do you two continuously follow @FenwayFrank around and make stupid snide comments on everything and anything he posts? Who cares about his spelling of a referee surname that was probably due to autocorrect?

Most people seem to let it pass without comment but its really coming across like primary-school level bullying.

I mean it isn't as if he he follows me and Greavsy around making reactions every time we get quoted now is it ? Mind you i could say the same applies to you. Pot, kettle and all that.

The commentary is irrelevant. It was an exceptionally poor performance from Norwich even measured by our low standards of this year. We deserve to finish 20th if a scraped 1-1 draw is all we could achieve.

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

I mean it isn't as if he he follows me and Greavsy around making reactions every time we get quoted now is it ? Mind you i could say the same applies to you. Pot, kettle and all that.

Maybe FF is more subtle, but i've seen you two swarming around any old post he makes lately, regardless of it's content. Not a good look, but of course it's up to you.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Maybe FF is more subtle, but i've seen you two swarming around any old post he makes lately, regardless of it's content. Not a good look, but of course it's up to you.

Yes it is up to me unless you are the forum moderator, mind you it seems you spend more time looking on here than they do.

33 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Yes it is up to me unless you are the forum moderator, mind you it seems you spend more time looking on here than they do.

Haha, continue with your little jabs old man, you keep doing you! 🙂

15 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Haha, continue with your little jabs old man, you keep doing you! 🙂

You mean just like you are doing young lad ?

On 30/11/2021 at 21:42, king canary said:

I was actually pleasantly surprised, feared the worst when they said he was commentating but thought he was ok on balance.

If you want biased listen to Robbie Savage during any Man U game on BTSport- dreadful.

Yeah, I thought Shearer was pretty fair and hid his bias well until they were winning when he definitely let his guard slip a bit, but for the most part he was pretty good at keeping neutral

5 hours ago, hogesar said:

I have nothing against you Hoggy, we have agreed and disagreed on various topics. 

Unsurprisingly I don't agree with your observation in this case, but respect your opinion, and your right to raise it. However I would suggest you open your eyes a little wider, and look at the entire picture. 

• Confused 1

22 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

I have nothing against you Hoggy, we have agreed and disagreed on various topics. 

Unsurprisingly I don't agree with your observation in this case, but respect your opinion, and your right to raise it. However I would suggest you open your eyes a little wider, and look at the entire picture. 

I will - I may have misread the situation - it's just the last 3 topics i've seen FF post on has had you / til / both dive straight in with unnecessary sarcasm etc - if i've missed him doing the same then fair enough and it's fair game at that point.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I will - I may have misread the situation - it's just the last 3 topics i've seen FF post on has had you / til / both dive straight in with unnecessary sarcasm etc - if i've missed him doing the same then fair enough and it's fair game at that point.

Fair dos Hoggy. 

Respect your reply. 

• Like 2

I think the reaction just posted to your post yesterday sums it up.  

Don't get fooled by his games and attempted trickery. 

18 hours ago, hogesar said:

TBF, I see things the way Hogesar does. It seems like whenever Frank makes a post one of you immediately replies about how funny he isn’t and then the other chimes in. As Hoggy said, it’s like playground bullying and is unpleasant to see. I don’t know the background but I would have thought Frank would be within his rights to report you to SDP. You’ve made your point, it’s clearly been seen by all of us so maybe give it a rest?

On 02/12/2021 at 14:34, RobNewman'sblisteringpace said:

Anyone remember having Alan Brazil commentating on the Anglia TV games?

I'm pretty sure he doesn't! They probably paid him in alcohol!

3 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

TBF, I see things the way Hogesar does. It seems like whenever Frank makes a post one of you immediately replies about how funny he isn’t and then the other chimes in. As Hoggy said, it’s like playground bullying and is unpleasant to see. I don’t know the background but I would have thought Frank would be within his rights to report you to SDP. You’ve made your point, it’s clearly been seen by all of us so maybe give it a rest?

FF is quite capable of reporting anything as he wishes I'm sure. 

And SDP also moderates the board, so if anyone oversteps the boundaries I'm sure he would step in, as he saw fit. 

Too many self apointed mods on here, however your view is duly noted.