46 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Farke did a lot of ground work with the new players and after shutting up shop to try and stop the leaking of goals, which is why certain players were not featuring more, Rashica started had playing better under Farke - like against Brentford - so it is my strong belief that these players were going to come good with Farke in charge. However, what is clear is that the new management clearly know what they are doing and it is exciting to see the team looking more together and up for it. Things had obviously become difficult for DF, but you won't catch me saying it was right or wrong to change - to quote Farke - "it is what it is" - and having got over the disappointment of him going I'm just going to enjoy the ride as much as I can and see what this team can do with the renewed belief - which to be clear started at Brentford under DF.

That’s clearly not true. He’d decided Gilmour wasn’t for him and and it’s very likely he wouldn’t have forced his way back in. Gilmour has been superb in the last game and a half and could be vital if we have any chance of staying up. Let’s be honest, we look like a proper Premier League team, less naive and a lot more street wise under Smith. We wouldn’t have got anywhere near these levels with Farke in my opinion.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

25 minutes ago, Alfie54 said:

Just wish that Normann had still been on as I think he’d had taken one of the chances the Rupp had

Normann likely wouldn't have had the opportunities Rupp did - Normann doesn't quite have the same engine and Rupp is very good at quick 1-2s, Normann unfortunately gives the ball away alot.

I thought Rupp and McLean were superb and Rashica just gets better and better.

100% better than under Farke with the entire team fighting for the cause with the belief that we are just as good as the opposition.

Special shout out for Rupp though, I didn't think Normann going off affected us at all, if any thing we looked better!

Rashica looks more confident and like he's been allowed to attack more. Rupp was very good today... a few loose passes and touches but not everybody is perfect. Was rupp good enough to knock McLean out the team if normann is fit for Tuesday? Hopefully Sargent will be the next to play superbly and get a goal he deserves. He worked hard again today. All played very well. Contained wolves majority of it too. Otbc 

Rudd had a good game pity he fluff his lines when it matter though..gaping goal at his mercy... Gilmour and Rashica superb today. Need to find our goal touch...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hogesar said:

Normann likely wouldn't have had the opportunities Rupp did - Normann doesn't quite have the same engine and Rupp is very good at quick 1-2s, Normann unfortunately gives the ball away alot.

Have I seen the same normann as you pal? 🤔

2 minutes ago, Ward 3 said:

Have I seen the same normann as you pal? 🤔

I've seen the one who has some really good attributes to his game but gives the ball away alot. Its why he only has a 68% pass success rate which i think is not only comfortably the lowest of any of our central midfielders but also in the entire league in general. 

He works hard, gets stuck in, wins the ball, can press quite well (similar to rupp in that regard) has a good shot on him,  and he does have the confidence to try those longer balls. You don't mind them not coming off, but it's misplaced short passes that are a really frustrating part of his game.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I've seen the one who has some really good attributes to his game but gives the ball away alot. Its why he only has a 68% pass success rate which i think is not only comfortably the lowest of any of our central midfielders but also in the entire league in general. 

He works hard, gets stuck in, wins the ball, can press quite well (similar to rupp in that regard) has a good shot on him,  and he does have the confidence to try those longer balls. You don't mind them not coming off, but it's misplaced short passes that are a really frustrating part of his game.

People whiged like fuc.. we didn't have a proper holding midfielder to break up the play like tettey did. Bloody hell Normann, why don't you have 98.99 passing accuracy? What a waste of a loan 🙄 

15 minutes ago, Ward 3 said:

People whiged like fuc.. we didn't have a proper holding midfielder to break up the play like tettey did. Bloody hell Normann, why don't you have 98.99 passing accuracy? What a waste of a loan 🙄 

Tettey used to have an 85-90% pass success rate.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

Tettey used to have an 85-90% pass success rate.

You missed the sarcasm. You're one of them people who is never happy 

4 hours ago, (Hoola)Han Solo said:

That’s clearly not true. He’d decided Gilmour wasn’t for him and and it’s very likely he wouldn’t have forced his way back in. Gilmour has been superb in the last game and a half and could be vital if we have any chance of staying up. Let’s be honest, we look like a proper Premier League team, less naive and a lot more street wise under Smith. We wouldn’t have got anywhere near these levels with Farke in my opinion.

You are so correct in your views IMO

The previous coach was championship level. He has had a shot twice and failed full stop. Both times. And the so called bu--hit about players needing to train harder is absolute nonsense. Seeing lately players and captains opinions about gilmour. The last excuse for a premier league coach completely lost it and had no idea about man management and coaching at this level.

6 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

Thought he deserved his own thread tonight, many of us have slated him in the past, but that was by far his best performance in a City shirt. 

MOTM for me. 

I always thought he could do a decent job for us as he looked very good at the beginning of last season.  Hopefully when everyone’s fit he’ll replace Kenny. 

2 hours ago, Ward 3 said:

I'm normally accused of the opposite! 

I really like Normann but he also get's a free pass from some fans when he gives the ball away for some reason. If Kenny done the same (Normann had 65% accuracy, Mclean had 80% today) - he'd get absolute dogs abuse from some on here. 

Back on topic, Rupp isn't likely to ever be a top midfielder for us but he suits the pressing game, has a terrific engine, is tidy on the ball and likes to run beyond and in behind and open up space - so i'm certainly not surprised he was on the bench ahead of someone like Sorensen.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ward 3 said:

He's 100% right though. Normann has some good attributes, but he also has some bad ones. That's not critising him, just recognising a fact. He does give the ball away more but he also does some very good - but high risk - balls, they either don't come off or they set up good attacks. Also, he isn't a "proper holding midfielder to break up play", we still need one of them.

As for Rupp, was good today but I've always quite liked him, just like McLean. They both also have their limitations but have never been awful as some suggest. MOTM for me was Rashica by quite some distance, thought he looked good. Honourable mentions to Williams, Rupp and Aarons.

Let’s not go overboard. He was fine and did a good job. He never really lets you down. But I do believe that had we had Normann still on the pitch a couple of those key moments when the ball fell to him on the edge of the box or just outside and he took that extra touch could have seen us win the game. 

13 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Farke did a lot of ground work with the new players and after shutting up shop to try and stop the leaking of goals, which is why certain players were not featuring more, Rashica started had playing better under Farke - like against Brentford - so it is my strong belief that these players were going to come good with Farke in charge. However, what is clear is that the new management clearly know what they are doing and it is exciting to see the team looking more together and up for it. Things had obviously become difficult for DF, but you won't catch me saying it was right or wrong to change - to quote Farke - "it is what it is" - and having got over the disappointment of him going I'm just going to enjoy the ride as much as I can and see what this team can do with the renewed belief - which to be clear started at Brentford under DF.

No he didn’t. Farke stuck ten men behind the ball, often to limited effect. They were not pressing or drilled to anywhere near the same level. 

12 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

I thought Rupp and McLean were superb and Rashica just gets better and better.

100% better than under Farke with the entire team fighting for the cause with the belief that we are just as good as the opposition.

Special shout out for Rupp though, I didn't think Normann going off affected us at all, if any thing we looked better!

I agree we looked better but that’s probably because Normann was off his game and struggling from the outset. Him going off therefore gave us more energy.

Players have forced out managers for decades- as far back , spectacularly as Clough at Leeds. Nonsense to believe they will play their best for whoever is in charge.

6 minutes ago, NCFCInnit said:

Players have forced out managers for decades- as far back , spectacularly as Clough at Leeds. Nonsense to believe they will play their best for whoever is in charge.

Given the big difference in performance, do you think the players had stopped playing for Farke? Had he lost the dressing room?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NCFCInnit said:

Out of reactions but you are spot on.

10 hours ago, hogesar said:

I'm normally accused of the opposite! 

I really like Normann but he also get's a free pass from some fans when he gives the ball away for some reason. If Kenny done the same (Normann had 65% accuracy, Mclean had 80% today) - he'd get absolute dogs abuse from some on here. 

Back on topic, Rupp isn't likely to ever be a top midfielder for us but he suits the pressing game, has a terrific engine, is tidy on the ball and likes to run beyond and in behind and open up space - so i'm certainly not surprised he was on the bench ahead of someone like Sorensen.

I do agree slightly with you, one thing I'll say in defense of Normann over McLean is that Normann attempts much higher risk balls, so with that comes with a higher chance of a lower pass %, but also a greater chance of reward. 

13 hours ago, hogesar said:

Rupp is your 6 or 7 out of 10 man. Consistent but won't win you many games or cost you many points. Normann may give the ball away more but he, in my opinion, will win you more games as his attempted passes and drive are far more dramatic than Rupp. Normann over Rupp for me everytime. Hope he is not not for long.

1 hour ago, Jambomo said:

Given the big difference in performance, do you think the players had stopped playing for Farke? Had he lost the dressing room?

I said that it looked like that about a month before he was dismissed, an opinion I remember Lakey rubbishing (he no doubt still does to be fair to him). 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Rupp is your 6 or 7 out of 10 man. Consistent but won't win you many games or cost you many points. Normann may give the ball away more but he, in my opinion, will win you more games as his attempted passes and drive are far more dramatic than Rupp. Normann over Rupp for me everytime. Hope he is not not for long.

Yeah I dont disagree. I do also think Normann is capable of both winning and losing us matches. Again its risk / reward and generally from what we've seen youd say its worth playing Normann despite his flaws.

The straightjacket is off and thankfully Farke's game of subbuteo is history.

The players are tasting freedom of expression for the first time in ages as yesterday's battling performance showed.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Yeah I dont disagree. I do also think Normann is capable of both winning and losing us matches. Again its risk / reward and generally from what we've seen youd say its worth playing Normann despite his flaws.

Serious question Hoggy, how many times have you predicted a win this season? I can’t recall any. 

3 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Serious question Hoggy, how many times have you predicted a win this season? I can’t recall any. 

I dont think I have. I've bet on us to win several times and got it wrong if that helps.