Sign in to follow this  
mastoola

If you had a choice......

Kante for me. With him in the DM role it would allow our attacking players to play with freedom and some more surety in defence. Would be more effective in our team than a Ronaldo or Messi 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, priceyrice said:

Kante for me. With him in the DM role it would allow our attacking players to play with freedom and some more surety in defence. Would be more effective in our team than a Ronaldo or Messi 

That would be my choice too.

• Like 1

My initial thought was Lewandowski, but then I was thinking how embarrassing it would be if we couldn't supply him balls.  Plus his age is not a great investment. 🙂

Agree with Kante type player. A few years ago it was Yaya Toure that I would have had. It's all very good having Messi, but if you spend most of the time in your own half, he isn't as effective. A midfielder who can defend and attack has more influence on the game if you can only have one world class player.

Just now, Duncan Edwards said:

Phil Foden. 

Thats a great call   Best English player ive seen for a long time

1 minute ago, mastoola said:

Thats a great call   Best English player ive seen for a long time

He’s a terrific player, got a bit of “Gazza” magic about him. Touch, vision, skill, goals. Problem is, we could definitely do with also signing Declan Rice to facilitate letting him do his thing. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Phil Foden. 

Pfft, just a Wes Hoolahan who can afford more hair dye.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

He’s a terrific player, got a bit of “Gazza” magic about him. Touch, vision, skill, goals. Problem is, we could definitely do with also signing Declan Rice to facilitate letting him do his thing. 

I hate to say this but Phillips too.

Just now, mastoola said:

I hate to say this but Phillips too.

Phillips has continually surprised me. I didn’t think he was up to international level but he’s done well, although ‘England player of the year’ was a stretch for me.

Out of the two (Rice and Phillips), I’d take Rice every time. That said, either would help us immensely. Still, we were never going to have, what? 70-80m for Rice? And we’d probably need another 30m on top of that for Foden…😂

Phillips has continually surprised me. I didn’t think he was up to international level but he’s done well, although ‘England player of the year’ was a stretch for me.

Out of the two (Rice and Phillips), I’d take Rice every time. That said, either would help us immensely. Still, we were never going to have, what? 70-80m for Rice? And we’d probably need another 30m on top of that for Foden…😂

I would still choose Kante though

1 minute ago, mastoola said:

I would still choose Kante though

Yeah, he’s established and has been outstanding in his position for a while. I’d still take Foden first but that’s probably a bit “FIFA” or something, thinking that supreme attacking talent will overcome. A more pragmatic approach would see me opt for a Rice/Kante type I suppose. 

Yeah, he’s established and has been outstanding in his position for a while. I’d still take Foden first but that’s probably a bit “FIFA” or something, thinking that supreme attacking talent will overcome. A more pragmatic approach would see me opt for a Rice/Kante type I suppose. 

I dont think Leicester would of won the league without Kante. He moved to Chelsea and they won the league. For me he is the first name on a world eleven. HOWEVER  i think Foden is the best player ive seen since Messi and Ronaldo. Pep said he is the most talented player he has ever worked with

19 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Double that £30m and more for Foden. 

16 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Double that £30m and more for Foden. 

I meant you’d need to spend £30m more than it would cost to buy Rice. So £100m+. Perhaps I didn’t make that clear enough. 

I’d hope there is nobody that has ever watched a game of football that thinks you could buy Phil Foden for 30% of Jack Grealish. 

4 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

I meant you’d need to spend £30m more than it would cost to buy Rice. So £100m+. Perhaps I didn’t make that clear enough. 

I’d hope there is nobody that has ever watched a game of football that thinks you could buy Phil Foden for 30% of Jack Grealish. 

Sounds about right, let’s hope we sign him in January.