Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Tim Sherwood has his say..

6 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

I doubt that Webber will have such a short-sighted view, if one of the criteria in choosing the last manager had been "must have won promotion from the Championship" he would never have appointed Daniel Farke!!!

Farke is undoubtedly the stand out candidate. Championship promotion credentials are presumably the most important criterion for appointment.

7 hours ago, Mello Yello said:

Is that similar to Dutch Ruddering?.....

Gosh I had to look that one up. Will add that to my list of things to try 😂

With all this new manger talk has anyone considered hiring Paul Lambert? Did a fantastic job last time he was here, and I’m sure that Ian Culverhouse could be persuaded to rejoin too. 

9 hours ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Who gives a toss what Sherwood has to say ?

Is the correct answer, thankyou. The biggest fraud I've ever seen in football management. A snake, a chancer, a liar, a creep.

- Who was leaking stories to his appalling media pals throughout AVB's second season and rewarded by clueless Daniel Levy with the job

- Who did absolutely sod all as Swindon's DoF after being given a paid sinecure by another pal, the deplorable Lee Power - then told talkNONSENSE their relegation had nothing to do with him, and the station - who probably don't know where Swindon even is - just lapped it up

- And the ultimate stereotyped "four-four-fackin'-two / they don't like it up 'em" / tactics are little sweets / I don't watch videos of the opponents! Let them worry about us!" absolute joke of a man.

Dean Smith is his mate. So he's bigged him up. That's how it works in the ridiculously nepotistic world he inhabits. 

On 09/11/2021 at 10:50, lake district canary said:

A big part of Farke's success was because he engendered a huge feeling of goowill amongst most of our supporters and throughout the club - he brought everyone together...at least until this season. To have that emotion in a club is very important as without it, football is just a cold business. If that is what you want, that's up to you, but I would prefer someone like Farke, who has the gift of bringing people together in a common cause by showing he cares.

Don't agree with you about Smith, but I certainly do about Farke. DF had fantastic engagement with the fans probably better than any previous manager. I would like to think that would be the case with the next Coach but they would have to put their heart and soul into it like DF did. Tbh I'm not seeing that with any of the candidates being considered so far, but I might be being harsh however:

- Lampard not clear of his motives, otherthan us as a stepping stone

- Knutsen would rather wait until January when we might be relegated by then

- Smith too soon after his last job, can't possibly be hungry enough to keep us up 

Taking the team from on the way to inevitable relegation to a comfortable survival. Plus, to put that on your football managerial career CV, surely that must be attractive for any big-name coach with a big character to come to Carrow Road.

5 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I felt the comments about not knowing what you are getting with a Sheikh and "camels and all that down Carrow Road" could at best be described as very outdated and the views of a dinosaur. I've not seen any camels at the Etihad, have you? Seen old codgers on the telly cancelled for less. 

Personally, I'm delighted that we won't be taken over by any modern slave-owning; sportswashing; headchopping; genocide-committing; mass murdering; journalists-chopping up and acid dissolving; homosexuals, rape victims and children-executing; terrorist-enabling nation states any time before hell freezes over.

There's lots to criticise in the joint majority shareholders' intransigence. But not this! 

Edited by thebigfeller

1 minute ago, thebigfeller said:

Personally, I'm delighted that we won't be taken over by any modern slave-owning sportswashing headchopping homosexuals, rape victims and children-executing terrorist-enabling nation states any time before hell freezes over.

I don't entirely disagree, but that description applies much more to the Newcastle owners than the Man City, and neither have taken any camels to the stadium yet. 

And that description could easily describe the United States foreign policy and overseas operations, wikileaks has proven that beyond doubt. Their latest gift is tens of billions of pounds of advanced weaponry to the Taliban.

P.s. The UK sells weapons to the Saudis, your pension fund will be benefitting. 

On 09/11/2021 at 10:03, Worthy Nigelton said:

He kept Chelsea up.

And then massively underperformed with them once the transfer ban was lifted. But he did his job I guess, kept the fans happy whilst they rode out the storm and look at them now.

On 09/11/2021 at 10:01, lake district canary said:

I'm warming to this. Smith is undoubtedly the right kind of manager for our situation and he has done what we need, or might need in the next year or two - got a club promoted and kept it in the PL. Lampard has not done that. Nor has Knutsen. Will be a fascinating few days to see who we get.

Pretty much mirrors how I feel. Lampy would be my last choice of the 3, I think KK clearly has some good management ability but he doesn't have the experience we probably need to give ourselves the best chance. I still think our horrendous start will see us relegated anyway (I hope I'm wrong though!) so we also need to consider someone we believe can get us promoted again if it happens. Smith ticks both those boxes and I'm sure if we go down we'll go down swinging. Can't say I feel the same and Lampard, not the one for me.

2 minutes ago, AJ said:

And then massively underperformed with them once the transfer ban was lifted. But he did his job I guess, kept the fans happy whilst they rode out the storm and look at them now.

So was good with no money, crap when he had it to burn? Sounds perfect for us 😄

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, thebigfeller said:

Personally, I'm delighted that we won't be taken over by any modern slave-owning; sportswashing; headchopping; genocide-committing; mass murdering; journalists-chopping up and acid dissolving; homosexuals, rape victims and children-executing; terrorist-enabling nation states any time before hell freezes over.

There's lots to criticise in the joint majority shareholders' intransigence. But not this! 

Are you thinking of Saudi Arabia in those comments? Just that this isn't entirely applicable, as the camels down Carrow Road comment was made before they purchased a Premier League side.

Man City majority ownership is from UAE. There have been 6 executions in the UAE in the past 20 years. They frequently sentence to death before pardoning a few years later, its a good way to put the sh*tters up people.

The USA executed 17 people in 2020 alone... Guantanamo Bay is still open... many of the biggest American companies profit from forced labour in China, they keep arming groups in the Middle East too. Where's the outrage about all the American owners?

Southampton owned by a Chinese owner. Where's your outrage about organ harvesting, forced labour camps, missing citizen journalists, and an approximate 2400 executions per year. It is a bit bizarre I feel that people are so willing to tar all Arab nations with the same brush when there are clear differences between them, all while ignoring a country which is, frankly, much worse because of the importance of our commercial relationships - primarily a completely reliant on China as a supply chain to fuel our consumer driven culture of materialism which depends on people continuously buying 'stuff' for the economy to function.

Why are people so focused on human rights issues in the Middle East, is it because if we look for it elsewhere it is too easy to see the inconvenient links to our own continued prosperity? Saudi Arabia and Egypt aside, most of the the rest of the Arab countries are well down the human rights abuse indexes, and Russia is above them. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

15 minutes ago, AJ said:

Pretty much mirrors how I feel. Lampy would be my last choice of the 3, I think KK clearly has some good management ability but he doesn't have the experience we probably need to give ourselves the best chance. I still think our horrendous start will see us relegated anyway (I hope I'm wrong though!) so we also need to consider someone we believe can get us promoted again if it happens. Smith ticks both those boxes and I'm sure if we go down we'll go down swinging. Can't say I feel the same and Lampard, not the one for me.

I'd love Lampard here, I think he's a promising young manager and this is a good place to continue to learn his trade.

46 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

A criminal court decided he wasn't, he got not guilty.

That's not the whole truth though is it. He admitted to having used language considered racist, however, the criminal court acquitted him on the basis that there was insufficient evidence to proscribe the intent behind those words as being racist. So they didn't decide he wasn't racist, they only decided they couldn't prove he was, much like you with your accusations.

18 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

That's not the whole truth though is it. He admitted to having used language considered racist

Was an unfortunate incident all round, cost Capello his job and John Terry his England career, and we could really have done with him in our defence at the time. I do sympathise with the way it so obviously impacted Anton Ferdinand's career, he was never anything special but better than ending up at Southend and St Mirren.

Rio Ferdinand was of course also fined for racist language during this saga, when he called Ashley Cole a choc ice (black on the outside, white on the inside). He's been able to get on with his career hasn't he, so John Terry should too. Its hardly on the same level as Bowyer and Woodgates racially motivated assault, and they are both getting managers job opportunities! If that wasn't a career ender for them then the Terry incident shouldn't be a career ender for him or Rio Ferdinand.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

On 09/11/2021 at 18:31, Canary Jedi said:

Gosh I had to look that one up. Will add that to my list of things to try 😂

Is it safe for work? Asking for a friend.

• Haha 1

On 10/11/2021 at 05:54, thebigfeller said:

Is the correct answer, thankyou. The biggest fraud I've ever seen in football management. A snake, a chancer, a liar, a creep.

If they aren’t the lyrics to a song, someone needs to write one immediately.

Just now, Nuff Said said:

If they aren’t the lyrics to a song, someone needs to write one immediately.

Feels like Radiohead have already done that one.

37 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Was an unfortunate incident all round, cost Capello his job and John Terry his England career, and we could really have done with him in our defence at the time. I do sympathise with the way it so obviously impacted Anton Ferdinand's career, he was never anything special but better than ending up at Southend and St Mirren.

Rio Ferdinand was of course also fined for racist language during this saga, when he called Ashley Cole a choc ice (black on the outside, white on the inside). He's been able to get on with his career hasn't he, so John Terry should too. Its hardly on the same level as Bowyer and Woodgates racially motivated assault, and they are both getting managers job opportunities! If that wasn't a career ender for them then the Terry incident shouldn't be a career ender for him or Rio Ferdinand.

It looks like SDP has been tidying up this thread a bit...

John Terry is able to get on with his career as well, he has had a decent amount of employment for an ex player despite the allegations and unlike those others mentioned has actually tried to get in front of the issues and own it (he is still a philanderer though). I wasn't saying that John Terry shouldn't be involved with our club, merely pointing out the apparent hypocrisy of you calling out one of our owners as racist based on a single comment (which you have not attributed yet) yet giving John Terry a free pass... For the record, I would put Jonathan woodgate and Lee bowyer on only a marginally lower tier of people I wouldn't want involved with the club than Joey Barton.

However, as Peter the deleter is obviously paying attention to this thread, let us leave it here...

1 hour ago, cornish sam said:

However, as Peter the deleter is obviously paying attention to this thread, let us leave it here...

I think this is wise.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

2 hours ago, AJ said:

I wasnt really celebrating the achievement of him keeping Chelsea in the Premier League... In the words of Richard Keys "It was.... banter".