Canary Jedi

£48 smackers for Leeds? 😱

The choice of category A matches has probably been discussed at some point, but I’d forgotten about it before I looked online for tickets this weekend. Wasn’t expecting £48 for a team that fairly recently was in the championship!

Not justifying it at all, but I’d assume it’s anticipated to be a popular fixture given the recent past rivalry of sorts & active away fan base.
Must assume pricing is based on expected ticket demand, rather than trophy cabinet size or perceived quality 

Can only assume Leeds are Cat A because they are the champions, champions of Europe...🙄

West Ham and Leicester were included in Cat A too, I'm sure some will see this as some cynical ploy to squeeze a few more quid in the hambag. But yeah, we've known about this for a while:

https://www.canaries.co.uk/content/casual-home-match-ticket-details-confirmed

Sorry, just seen that Cat A is now "Gold Fixtures". 

Edited by Duncan Edwards
Correction
  • Haha 1

Gotta be worth it just to see the mighty Leeds who so many got excited about on here last season.

I can’t go Sunday. As age over 75 my season ticket works out at £17 per game. Gave it to my grandson, but had to pay £29 to upgrade. Bit OTT I think.

Two other games I returned tickets for hopefully a £15 refund. The games were LIverpool and Leicester. I heard nothing from the club if they had been resold. While on the phone today I asked about them, they said they had resold them. But they never informed me. Apparently you have to then ask them. As I assumed they had not sold them, I did not bother for the next game.

I would have thought out of the massive profit at £48 a time, they could set a system to automatically let you know.

Gripe over!!

1 hour ago, essex canary said:

Well put Fred.

Yep..........something should be put up his **** 🤢

• Like 1

In a league which has become a TV sport £48 to get an inferior product v £10? for the real deal.

But at least the £48 quid helps our club while the tenner widens the gap.

16 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

In a league which has become a TV sport £48 to get an inferior product v £10? for the real deal.

But at least the £48 quid helps our club while the tenner widens the gap.

When BK announced the standard £30 he referred to 1,500 casual tickets per game. Maybe they trade more than that due to buy backs then again there are also the concessions to take into account. Therefore this policy can only raise an extra £500,000  for the season or thereabouts.

The people who need to pay it include those who can't get a season ticket, perhaps a student returning from Uni who couldn't justify holding onto their season ticket whilst there.

Considering the money the Club banks from TV contracts much of it financed by people with no affinity for the Club, an awful decision.

14 minutes ago, essex canary said:

When BK announced the standard £30 he referred to 1,500 casual tickets per game. Maybe they trade more than that due to buy backs then again there are also the concessions to take into account. Therefore this policy can only raise an extra £500,000  for the season or thereabouts.

The people who need to pay it include those who can't get a season ticket, perhaps a student returning from Uni who couldn't justify holding onto their season ticket whilst there.

Considering the money the Club banks from TV contracts much of it financed by people with no affinity for the Club, an awful decision.

You got a Sky and BT subscription?

9 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

You got a Sky and BT subscription?

As a football addict, yes. The sports element alone costs about the same as a Carrow Road season ticket. I don't mind if Norwich City benefit but I am far less happy when the beneficiaries are Newcastle United and a host of others.

It would be good to see the Clubs show some gratitude and otherwise encourage people to watch the game in the flesh. The tendency for empty seats at Carrow Road has been growing this season and likely to hit a peak on Sunday just when Daniel Farke and the team need the support. That is a subject on which the Club should be making a prompt announcement.

2 hours ago, essex canary said:

As a football addict, yes. The sports element alone costs about the same as a Carrow Road season ticket. I don't mind if Norwich City benefit but I am far less happy when the beneficiaries are Newcastle United and a host of others.

It would be good to see the Clubs show some gratitude and otherwise encourage people to watch the game in the flesh. The tendency for empty seats at Carrow Road has been growing this season and likely to hit a peak on Sunday just when Daniel Farke and the team need the support. That is a subject on which the Club should be making a prompt announcement.

So how much of your subscriptions do you imagine benefit.our beloved club and how much benefit our far richer competitors?

Edited by nutty nigel

Funny how those who want us to spend more money and be more ambitious are the first to complain about ticket prices.

22 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

So how much of your subscriptions do you imagine benefit.our beloved club and how much benefit our far richer competitors?

Put it this way, this season the Clubs TV receipts are equivalent to around 200,000 extra standard season ticket holders. When casuals, away fans and commercials are factored in, TV receipts are 6 or 7 fold gate receipts. How many Clubs do better than that? There are clearly some, Burnley being an obvious case but they have stayed up in recent years.

22 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Funny how those who want us to spend more money and be more ambitious are the first to complain about ticket prices.

Do you pay £48 for a match?

20 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I don't believe I have ever said we should spend more money though if other Norfolk (or wider) based multimillionaires were on the Board of Directors we may get better planned and smoothed outcomes from a cash flow perspective rather than looking to ordinary fans for more than their fair share.

4 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Put it this way, this season the Clubs TV receipts are equivalent to around 200,000 extra standard season ticket holders. When casuals, away fans and commercials are factored in, TV receipts are 6 or 7 fold gate receipts. How many Clubs do better than that? There are clearly some, Burnley being an obvious case but they have stayed up in recent years.

I don't want to put it that way. I asked you a reasonable question. Let's simplify it.

How much of your sport subscriptions benefit Norwich and how much benefit last weekends opponents Chelsea?

2 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Do you pay £48 for a match?

Best to ask an economist as to what would be a fair rate of return for £25,000 worth of ordinary shares in NCFC purchased 19 years ago with its attendant risk profile. Maybe Badger is your man?

3 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I don't want to put it that way. I asked you a reasonable question. Let's simplify it.

How much of your sport subscriptions benefit Norwich and how much benefit last weekends opponents Chelsea?

If you accept that Chelsea naturally have more fans than Norwich, the way I put it is perfectly reasonable.

If you are inferring that the likes of the ESL will artificially enhance Chelsea's fan base in the longer term at our expense you are absolutely correct. 

Neither of those positions justify the Club trying to charge excess admission charges to fans resulting in consumer resistance and which could well prove to be self defeating.to the Club itself.

9 minutes ago, essex canary said:

If you accept that Chelsea naturally have more fans than Norwich, the way I put it is perfectly reasonable.

If you are inferring that the likes of the ESL will artificially enhance Chelsea's fan base in the longer term at our expense you are absolutely correct. 

Neither of those positions justify the Club trying to charge excess admission charges to fans resulting in consumer resistance and which could well prove to be self defeating.to the Club itself.

You're not going to answer are you.

Depending how long you subscribe your support of these big clubs could well be more than the cost of your shares from which you get a free season ticket for life. Meanwhile you spend your time suggesting our club cut revenue streams. 

Do you buy halfy half scarves?

24 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Best to ask an economist as to what would be a fair rate of return for £25,000 worth of ordinary shares in NCFC purchased 19 years ago with its attendant risk profile. Maybe Badger is your man?

Yes I’ll go and talk to a badger, good plan