Thumbbass

Stuff you've thought of but it's too dull for conversation

Bitcoins.

My mate tried to explain, it's not as simple as I first thought.

You 'mine' them and they are embedded by code onto your hard drive. You can own them, but they're not easy to sell. And the value of some them.

My head nearly exploded.

12 hours ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

Bitcoins.

You 'mine' them and they are embedded by code onto your hard drive. You can own them, but they're not easy to sell. And the value of some them.

My head nearly exploded.

Someone on the radio tried explaining it and why it uses so much energy and resources etc. I glazed over for a chunk of it but it was far more complex than I thought too. 

Edited by Herman
  • Like 1

For people who predominantly use sign language, is watching the rest of us gesticulating like hearing someone just going "blebluebleblubla".

I appreciate that is not well phrased but I couldn't think of a way to put it.

• Haha 1

On 12/11/2021 at 10:16, Wings of a Sparrow said:

Bitcoins.

My head nearly exploded.

Just wait until someone starts explaining NFT's to you. 

Saw a guy on the train today. Roll up in his gob, one behind his ear, and another 2 hanging out of each of his ears. 

Got a bit closer and realised they were his Bluetooth headphones. 

• Haha 1

On 03/10/2021 at 11:17, The Raptor said:

Why do Americans say Legos. The word Lego is already the plural. Fools

The same reason Brits say Paninis, fools everywhere

They're building a decent sized detached chalet bungalow on a good sized building plot just up the road from me.

I noticed they've started building a detached garage next to it, but it's the same size as the ones built from the sixties that you can't get today's cars into, or at least can't open the car doors if by chance you can get the car in.

Why?

On 01/12/2021 at 15:36, Wings of a Sparrow said:

They're building a decent sized detached chalet bungalow on a good sized building plot just up the road from me.

I noticed they've started building a detached garage next to it, but it's the same size as the ones built from the sixties that you can't get today's cars into, or at least can't open the car doors if by chance you can get the car in.

Why?

What percentage of garages actually have a car in them? I wonder in this instance if there is some planning rule where they wanted an outhouse for storage etc but it was easier to classify as a garage.

I have had 2 houses where it was actually impossible to drive a car to the garage, let alone inside. 1 was a 60s house where the garage was set at an angle off a shared drive which left no space to actually turn the car sufficiently without taking the neighbour's kitchen wall out. The second was a 40s house where the builder got greedy and built another house after completing the one I lived in, including the garage, so the driveway disappeared and a passage way put between the two in its place. 

• Like 1

The idiot whoever created that graphic of a football wearing a facemask that’s doing the rounds lately.

The internet really is becoming the most annoying thing around these days.

Also, talking of the FA Cup draw, why do they use numbers to draw the teams instead of plastic balls that screw open like everyone else does?.

Edited by KernowCanary

3 minutes ago, Herman said:

How do you stop a washing machine from rattling around like a mutha? 

6 Tips to Stop Washing Machine Vibration
  1. Check that your loads are balanced. ... 
  2. Check the the floor and machine are level. ... 
  3. Ensure You Have a Sturdy Floor. ... 
  4. Check Your Stacking Kit. ... 
  5. Purchase Washing Machine Vibration Pads. ... 
  6. Call in Some Reinforcement.

Edited by Midlands Yellow

Vibration pads!! Marvelous. I am heading to B and Q too. Cheers. 👍

Maybe not B and Q then.😐 Looking for something else on their website and was told it was aisle 39. Looked in the shop. There's 36 aisles. Ho hum, that's why everyone shops online.

Edited by Herman

Why “Strictly” is such a popular show when it’s boring as f*ck. At least with the X-Factor people do enjoy music and are less likely to go out ballroom dancing than attend a gig.

That show is to TV what Daniel O’Donnell is to music; it gets the Grannies Vote and there are plenty of them out there to keep both trading.

• Like 1

Why do some toenail clippings fly halfway across the bathroom and others just fall off?

• Haha 1

Work finished for a week, feet up but the wine cellar is empty bar a bottle of Prosecco and the butler ain't going to the shop. Fizzy wine it is then.👍😀

Prosecco is actually very drinkable.

Edited by Herman

On 22/11/2021 at 16:35, king canary said:

Just wait until someone starts explaining NFT's to you. 

I understand the concept of NFTs. What I can't grasp is the point of them.

Did anybody else have extraordinary large amounts of fireworks in their town last night?

People who force you to dance with them just because a band is playing in the pub you are in.

My better half and myself decided to venture over to Turo for New Year’s Eve, and in one of the pubs was this couple from Falmouth who had the same idea as us. When my better half went to the toilet, I was alone and the female half of this couple caught my eye standing alone, I knew that was it, she tried grabbing me to dance with her to this godawful covers band. Thankfully my better half came up to her while trying to persuade me and said “It’s not his damn thing Emily!”.

Just thought I’d get that one out there, although it’s not worth complaining about like the thread title says, it’s still irritating people forcing others into doing things that are not their thing and are not interested.

Edited by KernowCanary
  • Haha 1

On 01/01/2022 at 09:53, Herman said:

Did anybody else have extraordinary large amounts of fireworks in their town last night?

Yes, rowdy ****s! And me being the grizzled old miserablist  that I am, had been in bed an hour when I was awoken from my (most enjoyable) slumber.

On the plus side I did need a p*ss, so when I did get back in bed I slept through till 7:30, bonus!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, KernowCanary said:

People who force you to dance with them just because a band is playing in the pub you are in.

My better half and myself decided to venture over to Turo for New Year’s Eve, and in one of the pubs was this couple from Falmouth who had the same idea as us. When my better half went to the toilet, I was alone and the female half of this couple caught my eye standing alone, I knew that was it, she tried grabbing me to dance with her to this godawful covers band. Thankfully my better half came up to her while trying to persuade me and said “It’s not his damn thing Emily!”.

Just thought I’d get that one out there, although it’s not worth complaining about like the thread title says, it’s still irritating people forcing others into doing things that are not their thing and are not interested.

Oh, and the bands themselves are awful. Why is that the singer always sounds awful by shouting and the drums always sound like dustbins with microphones on them?. Butchering other people’s songs instead of doing your own also gets my goat, half of what they performed has been tainted for me.

As for the fireworks, when we got back to Falmouth at 2am, one of the neighbours was apparently still letting them off!.

Edited by KernowCanary

On 09/10/2021 at 10:47, keelansgrandad said:

Graham Norton

“LET’S HAVE A SCREECHING COMPETITION!!”.

Have to admit though, he did crack me up in Father Ted. Watched that more than anything else over Christmas.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, KernowCanary said:

Oh, and the bands themselves are awful. Why is that the singer always sounds awful by shouting and the drums always sound like dustbins with microphones on them?. Butchering other people’s songs instead of doing your own also gets my goat, half of what they performed has been tainted for me.

As for the fireworks, when we got back to Falmouth at 2am, one of the neighbours was apparently still letting them off!.

I have a seething hatred for the song "Mustang Sally" now thanks to pub cover bands.🤬😀

• Like 2